Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Fears?

135678

Comments

  • Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member

    Originally posted by jayce

    *snip*

     will make this quick, trying to get to bed.

    i know full well what life force is used for, what builds up life force, and what uses life force. what i do not know for certain is how quick a necromancer can enter death shroud to use those skills. logic dictates that there will be a minimun time, maximun time or both depending on the amount of life force accumulated. if there is at the very least a minimun time, the logic also dictates death shroud will not last very long to take full advantage of using those skills as your life force deminishes over time while in death shroud. "Necro is primarily a dps class?" ooohhh where is it? ah that's right, i never said that anywhere in my posts. what i do believe is that my posts flew clear over the top of you head as seen with your reply. you haven't got a clue as to what im talking about, and it's not game mechanic 101, but advanced studies that you take when you start thinking about playing a game on a more serious level. and thanks for the links, but i sorry to say that i already know about them. after all, i have a lot of homework that i still have to do up until the game goes live.

    Well if you were as knowledgeable as you say you are then you would at least know how the Death Shroud currently functions, in conjunction with Life Force. And instead of trying to explain it to you, why not watch this moment in this PvP battle and see what the Necro was able to do, with only a sliver of Life Force.

    image

  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye jarrowPosts: 1,016Member

    Fear? only thing you need to fear is me. haha

     

    But seriously, I think Anet will deliver a top notch game that even the nay sayers wil be joining.

  • jaycejayce Atlanta, GAPosts: 133Member

    Originally posted by sidhaethe

    While all things are subject to change, having played the Necro at ComicCon and PAX this year (including in PvP and in situations where we were getting our butts whipped with no deaths on the other side), nope, there is no minimum time requirement for entering death shroud. Your death shroud is full by default. It also lasts several seconds and you have time to replenish it with stealing life force, keeping it up for even longer (it might not recharge to full, but you can add a few more seconds to it via life force if nothing is dying).

    At any rate, a "wait and see" attitude is best rather than assuming that your worst fears will come to pass (because the evidence you provided for your fear coming to pass have largely been addressed).

    *highlighted talking points*

    now we are getting somewhere. and when you say death shroud is full, im assuming you mean your life force bar, because without it, death shroud ends. if this is the case, then does your life force replenish to full when you are out of combat like your health bubble so that it is ready for the next combat encounter?

    yes, the wait and see is the best approach as they are again, still reshuffling the necromancers skills around since i last checked them as things can and do often change. but my fear as you say has not been addressed when they still, at least on paper, tie the life force mechanic to deaths without providing alternative more efficient means to access it. the number of alternative ways and the frequency of alternative ways, etc. and on paper, my fears around the mechanic remains the same until all the blanks are filled in. after reading my few posts, some may find it odd when i say that the necromancer will be my main. that's because, once again on paper, they have some serious downsides but the potential for the profession is dam near leet-sause considering all of the other game mechanics you will face off against or use against others. depending on how the necromancer is played, some people might think you're cheating.

  • cali59cali59 B, NYPosts: 1,634Member

    Originally posted by jayce

    Originally posted by sidhaethe

    While all things are subject to change, having played the Necro at ComicCon and PAX this year (including in PvP and in situations where we were getting our butts whipped with no deaths on the other side), nope, there is no minimum time requirement for entering death shroud. Your death shroud is full by default. It also lasts several seconds and you have time to replenish it with stealing life force, keeping it up for even longer (it might not recharge to full, but you can add a few more seconds to it via life force if nothing is dying).

    At any rate, a "wait and see" attitude is best rather than assuming that your worst fears will come to pass (because the evidence you provided for your fear coming to pass have largely been addressed).

    *highlighted talking points*

    now we are getting somewhere. and when you say death shroud is full, im assuming you mean your life force bar, because without it, death shroud ends. if this is the case, then does your life force replenish to full when you are out of combat like your health bubble so that it is ready for the next combat encounter?

    yes, the wait and see is the best approach as they are again, still reshuffling the necromancers skills around since i last checked them as things can and do often change. but my fear as you say has not been addressed when they still, at least on paper, tie the life force mechanic to deaths without providing alternative more efficient means to access it. the number of alternative ways and the frequency of alternative ways, etc. and on paper, my fears around the mechanic remains the same until all the blanks are filled in. after reading my few posts, some may find it odd when i say that the necromancer will be my main. that's because, once again on paper, they have some serious downsides but the potential for the profession is dam near leet-sause considering all of the other game mechanics you will face off against or use against others. depending on how the necromancer is played, some people might think you're cheating.

     If we go back to the beginning of the match Master10K linked, we can see that the Life Force bar does start off empty.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXc1JwHGNik&list=ULoXc1JwHGNik&feature=player_detailpage#t=837s

    A few seconds into the video, he uses the #3 ability on one weapon and then spams his #1 to destroy a wagon and he's got something like 30% life force right there.  It's known that you don't need targets to use your skills in GW2, so it's entirely possible that you can just spam your skills on the air to gain life force while running, it does look like he's doing this on the way to the next capture point.

    I just don't see this as being the serious downside you're afraid of it being.

     

    "Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

  • Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Lansing, MIPosts: 494Member

    My fear is that no one will play WvWvW / that the playerbase will be fragmented.


    PvE is essentially separate from WvWvW, which is separate from Structured PvP. Like what happened with Warhammer, I think alot of people that want to PvP will simply head to Structured PvP, and when they aren't in the mood for PvP, they will PvE in the regular world.


    I see only a small sub-group of players actually doing WvWvW regularly since essentially you are level 80, but with limited skills. You are restricted to just 4 zones for your experience, and you will miss some of your personal story, and PvE dungeon experience.


    I know you can always revisit PvE areas through side-kicking, but I don't believe it will be an equivalent experience. I feel like PvP should have been integrated into the rest of the World, and I'm afraid that zoning it will fragment the playerbase.

  • MeowheadMeowhead New Carlisle, INPosts: 3,716Member

    Originally posted by Size-Twelve

    My fear is that no one will play WvWvW / that the playerbase will be fragmented.



    PvE is essentially separate from WvWvW, which is separate from Structured PvP. Like what happened with Warhammer, I think alot of people that want to PvP will simply head to Structured PvP, and when they aren't in the mood for PvP, they will PvE in the regular world.



    I see only a small sub-group of players actually doing WvWvW regularly since essentially you are level 80, but with limited skills. You are restricted to just 4 zones for your experience, and you will miss some of your personal story, and PvE dungeon experience.



    I know you can always revisit PvE areas through side-kicking, but I don't believe it will be an equivalent experience. I feel like PvP should have been integrated into the rest of the World, and I'm afraid that zoning it will fragment the playerbase.

    ... it worked fine for DAoC. :D  Anyway, in many of these games, there's specific PvP areas (Except on a PvP server), and they're spread across levels and areas, AND those games often have arena style fights nowadays...

    ... so they are considerably more fragmented, while in WvWvW at least oyu have the whole of 3 different servers that are interested in fighting in WvWvW meeting up, instead of a single server being divided into 8, 9, or whatever PvP zones. (That's 27 times as many people as a server with 9 PvP zones, for the math inclined. :D )

    Also, where are you getting 'limited skills' from?  You can get all your skills and weapons and crafting from WvWvW, without ever visiting PvE (OTher than the tutorial).  Some people will probably LIVE there, just like some people lived in Guild War's PvP areas and never left.

  • Creslin321Creslin321 Baltimore, MDPosts: 5,359Member

    Originally posted by Meowhead

    Originally posted by Size-Twelve

    ...

    ... it worked fine for DAoC. :D  Anyway, in many of these games, there's specific PvP areas (Except on a PvP server), and they're spread across levels and areas, AND those games often have arena style fights nowadays...

    ... so they are considerably more fragmented, while in WvWvW at least oyu have the whole of 3 different servers that are interested in fighting in WvWvW meeting up, instead of a single server being divided into 8, 9, or whatever PvP zones. (That's 27 times as many people as a server with 9 PvP zones, for the math inclined. :D )

    Also, where are you getting 'limited skills' from?  You can get all your skills and weapons and crafting from WvWvW, without ever visiting PvE (OTher than the tutorial).  Some people will probably LIVE there, just like some people lived in Guild War's PvP areas and never left.

    I agree...I'm not worried about this for WvWvW.  In fact, I think WAR's main issue was that it had only two factions so every fight came down to either:

    A.  Whichever side brought (many) more people would win.

    or

    B.  In the event of a stalemate, whichever side got bored first would lose.

    And actually in my experience, there were usually people doing RvR in WAR (before the population imploded), it was just fundamentally flawed because of the 2 faction issue.

    Since GW2 will have three factions, I don't think the issues with WAR will happen.  If one faction has too many people, the other two can attempt a delicate, non-verbal diplomacy to secure a temporary alliance.  And I don't think a stalemate will end with one faction getting bored, because the other faction can just swoop in and take out the tired combatants.

    Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

  • MadimorgaMadimorga Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,892Member Uncommon

    I worry it will be a very narrow game world filled with fetch, carry, and kill quests designed to lead me by the nose from place to place. 

     

    I worry refusing to do those quests will result in a gear or XP penalty. 

     

    I worry there will be nowhere to explore and nothing to discover that isn't connected to a quest giver somewhere. 

     

    I worry premades will sync queue and completely destroy all forms of pvp despite efforts to create pvp for both premade teams and randoms. 

     

    I worry the game will be full of smack talking twelve year olds making stupid jokes in every channel 24/7.

     

    I worry I'll be bored in a matter of hours and done with the game in a matter of days.

    image

    I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy, accompanied by an educational system which would be oriented toward social goals.

    ~Albert Einstein

  • KanethKaneth Posts: 1,930Member Uncommon

    My only true fear is that the Dynamic Quest system won't be all that dynamic, and that the longer event chains will be few and far between. If I decide to make two different characters of the same race, I don't really want to see the same events in the same spot twice.

    I guess my other fear is that most of my friends won't really move from WoW to GW2....that'll make me a sad panda.

  • VicDonneganVicDonnegan Atlanta, GAPosts: 106Member

    Originally posted by rwmwaffle

    Both my fears are WvWvW related.

     

    1) That people are going to insist on calling it WvWvW instead of RvR. RvR is so much easier to say.

     

    2) That for one reason or another WvWvW wont be the replacement for DAOC's RvR that ive been waiting for.

    I wouldn't mid seeing it called '3Wv' or something similar and/or shorter. Also, I've heard tales of quite afew Anet devs being fans of DAoC, so hopefully they'll faithfully re-create the things that made RvR as enjoyable as it was.

  • cali59cali59 B, NYPosts: 1,634Member

    Originally posted by VicDonnegan

    Originally posted by rwmwaffle

    Both my fears are WvWvW related.

     

    1) That people are going to insist on calling it WvWvW instead of RvR. RvR is so much easier to say.

     

    2) That for one reason or another WvWvW wont be the replacement for DAOC's RvR that ive been waiting for.

    I wouldn't mid seeing it called '3Wv' or something similar and/or shorter. Also, I've heard tales of quite afew Anet devs being fans of DAoC, so hopefully they'll faithfully re-create the things that made RvR as enjoyable as it was.

     We could just call it world pvp, but unfortunately then people complain because GW2 doesn't have true open world PVP.

    It's funny what you're saying, it reminds me of something I read which was wondering how the absurdly 9 syllable doubleyoudoubleyoudoubleyou became the standard for URL prefixes.

    "Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

  • dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member

    Originally posted by VicDonnegan

    Originally posted by rwmwaffle

    Both my fears are WvWvW related.

     

    1) That people are going to insist on calling it WvWvW instead of RvR. RvR is so much easier to say.

     

    2) That for one reason or another WvWvW wont be the replacement for DAOC's RvR that ive been waiting for.

    I wouldn't mid seeing it called '3Wv' or something similar and/or shorter. Also, I've heard tales of quite afew Anet devs being fans of DAoC, so hopefully they'll faithfully re-create the things that made RvR as enjoyable as it was.

    Well most people already say WvW

    Even arena net, it is much easier

    "It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Madimorga

    I worry it will be a very narrow game world filled with fetch, carry, and kill quests designed to lead me by the nose from place to place. 

     

    I worry refusing to do those quests will result in a gear or XP penalty. 

     

    I worry there will be nowhere to explore and nothing to discover that isn't connected to a quest giver somewhere. 

     

    I worry premades will sync queue and completely destroy all forms of pvp despite efforts to create pvp for both premade teams and randoms. 

     

    I worry the game will be full of smack talking twelve year olds making stupid jokes in every channel 24/7.

     

    I worry I'll be bored in a matter of hours and done with the game in a matter of days.

    GW2 is not about quests but dynamic events that are happening all over the place. You go where you are able  to or want to. There is very little in regards to "quest givers" .

    I don't know enough about the PvP to comment on it's structure.

    Hopefully the majority of the 12 year old smacktalkers will be playing SWTOR. Don't let them know that it's not the greatest game evar

    I'm certain that I won't be disappointed with this game, as for what you will like, only you will know the answer to that.

     

     

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • MadimorgaMadimorga Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,892Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by eyelolled

    Originally posted by Madimorga

    I worry it will be a very narrow game world filled with fetch, carry, and kill quests designed to lead me by the nose from place to place. 

     

    I worry refusing to do those quests will result in a gear or XP penalty. 

     

    I worry there will be nowhere to explore and nothing to discover that isn't connected to a quest giver somewhere. 

     

    I worry premades will sync queue and completely destroy all forms of pvp despite efforts to create pvp for both premade teams and randoms. 

     

    I worry the game will be full of smack talking twelve year olds making stupid jokes in every channel 24/7.

     

    I worry I'll be bored in a matter of hours and done with the game in a matter of days.

    GW2 is not about quests but dynamic events that are happening all over the place. You go where you are able  to or want to. There is very little in regards to "quest givers" .

    I don't know enough about the PvP to comment on it's structure.

    Hopefully the majority of the 12 year old smacktalkers will be playing SWTOR. Don't let them know that it's not the greatest game evar

    I'm certain that I won't be disappointed with this game, as for what you will like, only you will know the answer to that.

     

     

     

    I've read this about the questing before, I'm hopeful, but I'll believe it when I see it.

     

    Premades screwing up random pvp is a huge deal to me, so I hope they get this one right, unlike every other game out there at the moment.

     

    Hm, good plan.  Hey, smack talking kiddies!  SWTOR is the bestest MMO evah!

     

    I hope I won't be disappointed but I've come to expect meh from MMOs lately.  Maybe Guild Wars 2 will live up to expectations.  Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

    image

    I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy, accompanied by an educational system which would be oriented toward social goals.

    ~Albert Einstein

  • armymansanarmymansan ploiestiPosts: 2Member

    for the SW fans yes maybe its the best game eva :) but not for all of us ^^ so have fun with ur lightsaber :P

  • 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Frozen Tundra, WIPosts: 196Member

    Fears?

    I have only one fear, and one I always apply to MMOs I'm really interested in.

    I fear that GW2 is going to be another hyped-up disappointment in the end.

    Getting burned by a long line of recent MMOs has caused me to become extremely jaded with this genre.

  • MadimorgaMadimorga Atlanta, GAPosts: 1,892Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by armymansan

    for the SW fans yes maybe its the best game eva :) but not for all of us ^^ so have fun with ur lightsaber :P

    Who me?  I'm not playing SWTOR.  I'm just hoping the kiddies will so I don't have to deal with the smack talk.  Think it would work if I told them GW2 is going to make them eat their veggies and be polite to others?

    image

    I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy, accompanied by an educational system which would be oriented toward social goals.

    ~Albert Einstein

  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Madimorga

    Originally posted by armymansan

    for the SW fans yes maybe its the best game eva :) but not for all of us ^^ so have fun with ur lightsaber :P

    Who me?  I'm not playing SWTOR.  I'm just hoping the kiddies will so I don't have to deal with the smack talk.  Think it would work if I told them GW2 is going to make them eat their veggies and be polite to others?

    Maybe we could try a fake advertising campaign. something like

    SWTOR

     getting pimple faced kids dates with hotties since 2011

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • ZetsueiZetsuei Dana, KYPosts: 252Member

    My fears are:

    1. Mounts - I really hope they never get added. These kill the feeling of immersion for me. Running around and having to explore everything is such a great feeling, I think too many people don't want to do this and just skip everything as fast as possible. Take your time, look around the terrain, it won't hurt you, in fact you might find something interesting.

    2. Dynamic Events - Many posters already commented on this. Hopefully they can fix any potential problem of repetition of events.

    3. End Game - I know this is a taboo word to ArenaNet, but I wish they would take it a tad more serious. A lot of people(myself included) like to play at max level and challenge ourselves. I know they will have dungeons with multiple layers of difficulties, but is this enough? Will dungeons/gear/dye/dyanimic events be enough at max level to keep people for long term? I just hope there is. This is my only real fear with this game.

  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

    Originally posted by Madimorga

    Originally posted by eyelolled


    Originally posted by Madimorga

    I worry it will be a very narrow game world filled with fetch, carry, and kill quests designed to lead me by the nose from place to place. 

     

    I worry refusing to do those quests will result in a gear or XP penalty. 

     

    I worry there will be nowhere to explore and nothing to discover that isn't connected to a quest giver somewhere. 

     

    I worry premades will sync queue and completely destroy all forms of pvp despite efforts to create pvp for both premade teams and randoms. 

     

    I worry the game will be full of smack talking twelve year olds making stupid jokes in every channel 24/7.

     

    I worry I'll be bored in a matter of hours and done with the game in a matter of days.

    GW2 is not about quests but dynamic events that are happening all over the place. You go where you are able  to or want to. There is very little in regards to "quest givers" .

    I don't know enough about the PvP to comment on it's structure.

    Hopefully the majority of the 12 year old smacktalkers will be playing SWTOR. Don't let them know that it's not the greatest game evar

    I'm certain that I won't be disappointed with this game, as for what you will like, only you will know the answer to that.

     

     

     

    I've read this about the questing before, I'm hopeful, but I'll believe it when I see it.

     

    Premades screwing up random pvp is a huge deal to me, so I hope they get this one right, unlike every other game out there at the moment.

     

    Hm, good plan.  Hey, smack talking kiddies!  SWTOR is the bestest MMO evah!

     

    I hope I won't be disappointed but I've come to expect meh from MMOs lately.  Maybe Guild Wars 2 will live up to expectations.  Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

    I said that as I was walking into PAX, came out believing Arena Net. I can say unless one is dilussional or ignorant they really are telling the truth about DE's. I honestly thought it was BS till I experienced and well...preordered after PAX. :/

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • stealthbrstealthbr BrasiliaPosts: 1,053Member

    Some of my fears:

    1.) Immersion: From UI elements to instant world teleportation to zone loading, I fear the immersion factor will suffer. Simply put, I think being able to teleport nearly anywhere in map instantly makes the world feel smaller and less epic. UI elements such as the glow around enemy monsters also seem far too indicative. Zone loading, with artifical forms of portals (meaning, it isn't realistic at all, just a portal), between zones makes the world feel less seamless and ports to enter a city also take away from immersion.

    2.) PvP: Having PvP exclusive to certain areas/instances I fear will take away from the rush and excitement that I am so fond of in PvP. I think some of my greatest PvP moments come from PvPing in the open world, where you are doing something else and never know what to expect, always looking behind your back, always fighting in different scenarios.

    3.) Cinematics and Personal Story: After witnessing their videos on cinematic dialogues and personal story, I fear the game just won't cut it when it comes to providing a cinematic experience. The awkward character gestures, stiffness, pauses between dialogues, lack of eye contact, unchanging camera angles, etc. all make the game's cinematic appeal less than stellar.

    4.) Character Progression and Power Growth: I fear that the game will allow the player to reach a power wall relatively quickly, just like in Guild Wars 1. I personally enjoy seeing my character become stronger and stronger, getting more interesting, epic, and powerful items.

    5.) Dynamic Events: I fear Dynamic Events will feel too artificial because of the fact that they have to have scalable objectives. When objectives are specific and tailored to your character, I feel the plausability of the objectives at hand becomes far greater.

    6.) Player factions: I fear that the lack of a true enemy player faction will take away from that "real conflict" feeling. Meaning, you may be fighting other players in WvWvW, but they are of the same faction as you are and what changes is their color, which makes the conflict feel artificial and not real.

  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member

    Originally posted by stealthbr

    Some of my fears:

    1.) Immersion: From UI elements to instant world teleportation to zone loading, I fear the immersion factor will suffer. Simply put, I think being able to teleport nearly anywhere in map instantly makes the world feel smaller and less epic. UI elements such as the glow around enemy monsters also seem far too indicative. Zone loading, with artifical forms of portals (meaning, it isn't realistic at all, just a portal), between zones makes the world feel less seamless and ports to enter a city also take away from immersion.

    2.) PvP: Having PvP exclusive to certain areas/instances I fear will take away from the rush and excitement that I am so fond of in PvP. I think some of my greatest PvP moments come from PvPing in the open world, where you are doing something else and never know what to expect, always looking behind your back, always fighting in different scenarios.

    3.) Cinematics and Personal Story: After witnessing their videos on cinematic dialogues and personal story, I fear the game just won't cut it when it comes to providing a cinematic experience. The awkward character gestures, stiffness, pauses between dialogues, lack of eye contact, unchanging camera angles, etc. all make the game's cinematic appeal less than stellar.

    4.) Character Progression and Power Growth: I fear that the game will allow the player to reach a power wall relatively quickly, just like in Guild Wars 1. I personally enjoy seeing my character become stronger and stronger, getting more interesting, epic, and powerful items.

    5.) Dynamic Events: I fear Dynamic Events will feel too artificial because of the fact that they have to have scalable objectives. When objectives are specific and tailored to your character, I feel the plausability of the objectives at hand becomes far greater.

    6.) Player factions: I fear that the lack of a true enemy player faction will take away from that "real conflict" feeling. Meaning, you may be fighting other players in WvWvW, but they are of the same faction as you are and what changes is their color, which makes the conflict feel artificial and not real.

    Good points, only one I actually worried about when changing my pre order over to GW2 was 3 and 6, yet 3 was settled not to long ago how ever as for  6 I'm still curious because having 500 vs 500 vs 500 is dynamic but being able to identify enemies is something I'm still looking forward to understanding, least it isn't like bad guy vs good guy stuff though, it's very cliche IMO, but who knows :/.

     

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

  • caremuchlesscaremuchless Crestline, CAPosts: 603Member

    Originally posted by eyelolled

    Originally posted by Madimorga


    Originally posted by armymansan

    for the SW fans yes maybe its the best game eva :) but not for all of us ^^ so have fun with ur lightsaber :P

    Who me?  I'm not playing SWTOR.  I'm just hoping the kiddies will so I don't have to deal with the smack talk.  Think it would work if I told them GW2 is going to make them eat their veggies and be polite to others?

    Maybe we could try a fake advertising campaign. something like

    SWTOR

     getting pimple faced kids dates with hotties since 2011

    My fear, that you think thats a hottie :P

     

    oh a serious answer?

    WvWvW wont be as good as I hope it to be.

    There arent enough active abilities for classes.

    There wont be ENOUGH paper/rock/scissors = everyone is just another dps = everyone is just another hybrid with less of a concrete role.

     

    image

  • PolarisationPolarisation SydneyPosts: 108Member

    Fears/Dislikes?

    1) Total segregaion of PVE & PVP. This makes it a more carebear game than even WOW. As dynamic as they claim, sooner or later, you ARE going to get bored of the same "dynamic" public quests. Battlegrounds will get boring super fast. Yes there is RvR, and that will probably be great, but they forgot to include the things that made DAOC RVR so engaging - reward mechanics like control of high-end PVE/PVP (darkness falls), relics (realm bonuses/bragging rights), RPs/realm ranks/realm abilities.

    2) Shallow gameplay. There are no energy/mana resources to manage, only HP and cooldowns, which inevitably means a more button-mashing, arcade style of gameplay. I fear GW2 is more of a multi-player online arcade game than a MMO.

    3) Shallow world with minimal/no immersion. GW2 won't lead you by the nose from quest hub to quest hub, instead you wander around from quest hub to quest hub yourself, and the quest hubs can morph into a different quest hub. The world is basically a big collection of public quests that have no impact on the larger world or the relationship between races/factions. It is the same sh1t all over again.

    4) Cutscenes. Do not belong in an MMO. The players themselves should create the stories of the game (hello EVE), not some static cutscenes of a pre-written, scripted story. If I can turn off or bypass cutscenes completely, i will.

    5) Underwater combat. So players magically acquire oxygen breathing masks and a new set of weapons/skills just by going underwater? One of the most arbitrary & worst design decisions/features in an MMO.

    6) Visually noisy interface & effects. Skill animations overly animated and make the combat look like a B-grade asian arcade game. Weapons are almost ludicrously oversized in some cases. Target selection/mouseover halo effect is too garish. Even 2v2 PVP encounters are a mess of garish, overdone skill effects. GW1 was visually clean and elegant, GW2 is a dog's breakfast.

     

     

  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Polarisation

    Fears/Dislikes?

    1) Total segregaion of PVE & PVP. This makes it a more carebear game than even WOW. As dynamic as they claim, sooner or later, you ARE going to get bored of the same "dynamic" public quests. Battlegrounds will get boring super fast. Yes there is RvR, and that will probably be great, but they forgot to include the things that made DAOC RVR so engaging - reward mechanics like control of high-end PVE/PVP (darkness falls), relics (realm bonuses/bragging rights), RPs/realm ranks/realm abilities.

    2) Shallow gameplay. There are no energy/mana resources to manage, only HP and cooldowns, which inevitably means a more button-mashing, arcade style of gameplay. I fear GW2 is more of a multi-player online arcade game than a MMO.

    3) Shallow world with minimal/no immersion. GW2 won't lead you by the nose from quest hub to quest hub, instead you wander around from quest hub to quest hub yourself, and the quest hubs can morph into a different quest hub. The world is basically a big collection of public quests that have no impact on the larger world or the relationship between races/factions. It is the same sh1t all over again.

    4) Cutscenes. Do not belong in an MMO. The players themselves should create the stories of the game (hello EVE), not some static cutscenes of a pre-written, scripted story. If I can turn off or bypass cutscenes completely, i will.

    5) Underwater combat. So players magically acquire oxygen breathing masks and a new set of weapons/skills just by going underwater? One of the most arbitrary & worst design decisions/features in an MMO.

    6) Visually noisy interface & effects. Skill animations overly animated and make the combat look like a B-grade asian arcade game. Weapons are almost ludicrously oversized in some cases. Target selection/mouseover halo effect is too garish. Even 2v2 PVP encounters are a mess of garish, overdone skill effects. GW1 was visually clean and elegant, GW2 is a dog's breakfast.

     

     

    rather then explain how far off your opinion is, I'll just suggest that you don't play it. There is a much better fit of a game for you. somewhere.

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

Sign In or Register to comment.