Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Endgame? Really?

Hi all,

I never played in the Beta and still haven’t purchased the game.  However I have been following the development for years and while SWTOR doesn’t appear to be the game I was hoping for it still seemed worth giving it a go. 

However, I’ve seen a few shocking user reviews today that claim there is no end game…… at all.  That’s not to say a crappy end game like a few flashpoints and 1 raid but literally no end game what so ever. 

Frankly after $150 million dollars and years of development I would expect… no demand some kind of end game with launch.  End game is what really distinguishes single player rpg’s and co-op games from MMO’s. 

Anyways I was hoping someone could confirm or deny whether there is any end game at all.  For all I know those “reviews” I read were simply trolls making stuff up.  

Comments

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Two raids, planet dedicated to end-game World PvP and soloing, and a pletera of heroic/nightmare level dungeons.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    What? If you've been following this game then you should know it has more endgame then most MMOs at launch.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Snaylor47

Two raids, planet dedicated to end-game World PvP and soloing, and a pletera of heroic/nightmare level dungeons.

Have we seen a number of neutral reviews of those elements?

I am hearing good comments about Iluim (Pvp), but what about the other things you mention. 

Originally posted by Loekii

Have we seen a number of neutral reviews of those elements?

I am hearing good comments about Iluim (Pvp), but what about the other things you mention. 

Play the game yourself and find out...

Reviews are overrated

• AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

I'm only level 28 so i can't speak for endgame, but i'm pretty sure i heard them say there was an endgame planet created for the solo players too with quests,dailies,etc. There are like 15 heroics dungeons, two raids, PVP zones and BGs, find the datacrons if you haven't while leveling, probably factions grind, crafting,etc. so there is plenty to do.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    In beta there was only one guild that cleared ally he raids. There is a very good video of it at darth hater. Can't get a link a I'm on my phone, just google darth hater - relying justice endgame roundtable. They walk through the bosses and give impressions.

The fights they show are from a very old build though.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by bloodbone

Hi all,

I never played in the Beta and still haven’t purchased the game.  However I have been following the development for years and while SWTOR doesn’t appear to be the game I was hoping for it still seemed worth giving it a go. 

However, I’ve seen a few shocking user reviews today that claim there is no end game…… at all.  That’s not to say a crappy end game like a few flashpoints and 1 raid but literally no end game what so ever. 

Frankly after $150 million dollars and years of development I would expect… no demand some kind of end game with launch.  End game is what really distinguishes single player rpg’s and co-op games from MMO’s. 

Anyways I was hoping someone could confirm or deny whether there is any end game at all.  For all I know those “reviews” I read were simply trolls making stuff up.  

And this is the problem with user reviews.  Lie and there are no consequences.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

If he is so incredibly wrong, then why not simply post all the links to the numerous full reviews of all the end game content and how it is unquestionably amazing?

As you might understand, that could be a bit difficult to accomplish on opening day.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Instance, Instance, Instance and more instance, Oh and dailies and collect shinies.

Thats your End Game folks!

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

ummm...Theres a video on operations in SWTOR.  I remember seeing it a long time ago.  Something about a prison? or something...I didnt really pay attention. 

Also theres the world thats pvp only or something...

I barely followed swtor (aside from the april joke and the smugglers kicking nuts) and i knew these things o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Originally posted by Icewhite

If he is so incredibly wrong, then why not simply post all the links to the numerous full reviews of all the end game content and how it is unquestionably amazing?

As you might understand, that could be a bit difficult to accomplish on opening day.

Which woudl mean the OP could actually have an accurate opinion about the quality of End game.

I am not saying he is correct, nor that TOR cannot have the best end game experience out there -- but we certainly are not seeing people posting evidence to support such.  

If the end game is still up in the air, as far as quality, then that should be the general response.  

Iirc, the end game PvP seems to be seen in a positive light.  Links to such reviews and commentary would be a start in responding to the OP's post -- imo.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Like others have said: I don't give a damn if the OP thinks the endgame sucks or is great. He/she is saying it's not there. Which is pure bollocks.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

Instance, Instance, Instance and more instance, Oh and dailies and collect shinies.

better then any other MMO out there if you ask me

It took all of 10 seconds to type "swtor endgame" on my blackberry to pull up a bioware interview about exactly what endgame entails. You can't do the same?

Hope is not a stategy.

• FatherAnolevFatherAnolev Member UncommonPosts: 265

Today is launch day, and you're talking about endgame already?  Really?

Something tells me (no facts to support this of course, but it seems reasonable) that BioWare has put just enough "end-game" content into SW:TOR to satisfy the ridiculous minority who will get to end-game within the first couple of weeks.  Then they'll add more and more over time. 

At least that's what I'd do if I were developing an MMO... focus 95% of your effort on 95% of the customers.

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25

Better? its the same as any mmo out there.

Originally posted by JPTX

Today is launch day, and you're talking about endgame already?  Really?

Something tells me (no facts to support this of course, but it seems reasonable) that BioWare has put just enough "end-game" content into SW:TOR to satisfy the ridiculous minority who will get to end-game within the first couple of weeks.  Then they'll add more and more over time. 

At least that's what I'd do if I were developing an MMO... focus 95% of your effort on 95% of the customers.

Are not there a number of beta testers and head start players that are closing in on the 'end game' already -- rather than being weeks and weeks out?

Additionally, it is a good question for someone that is interested in seeing what the end game is about, before they buy and invest time in the game.   

Originally posted by BassmanJ

No and No

It is not better than anything else and no it's not the same as every other mmo. Maybe the same as every other themepark game but far from other mmo's.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• ill copy what i posted in another thread:

as for end game activities that have been listed:

2 operations with 3 difficulty lvls(normal, hard, and nightmare)

15 flashpoints.  3 are open at end game with 2 difficuly settings and the other 12 can be made end game lvl by playing them in hard mode

warzones

open world pvp with objectives on ilum

FFA pvp in outlaws den on tatooine -  this could involve settling disputes with other guilds, hosting pvp events amongst same faction or maybe even setting up a tournament that pits players from either faction against one another with random draw. things like that (edit: just to be clear, they dont give you tools to set up your own tournments in-game. that was just a possible suggesting. this would have to be organized on the forums or something)

crafting

space missions

rolling alts

dailies

finding any missed datacrons and lore objects for the codex(without the use of a guide because wouldn't take very long with one)

feel like im missing something but cant think of it

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by BassmanJ

No and No

It is not better than anything else and no it's not the same as every other mmo. Maybe the same as every other themepark game but far from other mmo's.

I said any not every, and it is.

Actually, I've been following the game and don't
    really know what the end game is all about.
    Best response would have been to provide some
    information on what it will offer, right now I
    assume some sort of raiding gear grind, dailies
    and a PVP zone.

Then I guess the OP should have titled the thread a bit better. And instead of going on about spending 150 million and forgetting about endgame they could have just said "hi I'm pretty curious about the ToR endgame. Could anyone fill me in on what it's like?"
    But that's not what the OP did, is it?

Hope is not a stategy.

Originally posted by gaou

ill copy what i posted in another thread:

as for end game activities that have been listed:

2 operations with 3 difficulty lvls(normal, hard, and nightmare)

15 flashpoints.  3 are open at end game with 2 difficuly settings and the other 12 can be made end game lvl by playing them in hard mode

warzones

open world pvp with objectives on ilum

FFA pvp in outlaws den on tatooine -  this could involve settling disputes with other guilds, hosting pvp events amongst same faction or maybe even setting up a tournament that pits players from either faction against one another with random draw. things like that (edit: just to be clear, they dont give you tools to set up your own tournments in-game. that was just a possible suggesting. this would have to be organized on the forums or something)

crafting

space missions

rolling alts

dailies

finding any missed datacrons and lore objects for the codex(without the use of a guide because wouldn't take very long with one)

feel like im missing something but cant think of it

So basicly the exact same as Rift...

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

end game in this game is amazing. Much better than any other MMO out there.

There are zones that if players ignore, enemy npcs take it over and the zone then needs to be retaken by players. But the players can do things to help the war effort, and drive away the enemy forces. This is much much better than the typical kill 50 enemies, and then the enemies respawn and the next player does the same exact thing. Here, you kill 50 enemies and it has a permanent effect on that area...a very dynamic endgame, which is much better than the static...never changing endgame in most MMOs.

A quick look on many sites would have revealed what endgame is in this game.

Originally posted by Isasis

end game in this game is amazing. Much better than any other MMO out there.

There are zones that if players ignore, enemy npcs take it over and the zone then needs to be retaken by players. But the players can do things to help the war effort, and drive away the enemy forces. This is much much better than the typical kill 50 enemies, and then the enemies respawn and the next player does the same exact thing. Here, you kill 50 enemies and it has a permanent effect on that area...a very dynamic endgame, which is much better than the static...never changing endgame in most MMOs.

A quick look on many sites would have revealed what endgame is in this game.

Sounds like Rift...

• purplecowpurplecow Member Posts: 40

THIS post gives me shivvers lol   Age of Conan feelings give me the creeps!  Seriously that was the most self-abashed feeling I've ever had from a product Getting to end-game and seeing for myself there was absolutely zero.. zip.. nada. UGH!!

I

wait ur tellin me?

I never saw a purple cow.
    I never hope to see one.
    But I can tell you anyhow
    I'd rather see than be one.