Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Bioware is a major fail!!!!

ForgeknightForgeknight Elkville, ILPosts: 35Member

So I bought 2 copies of SWTOR today from Target. Brand new, wrapped up boxes. Got home, installed & setup 1 account for me went smooth no problems, setup the other account, for my son, and it says the Product Reg key has already been used! And good luck trying to get hold of CS. I should have stuck by my gut and avoided this launch. You suck Bioware!

Comments

• OtakunOtakun New Providence, PAPosts: 864Member

Originally posted by Forgeknight

So I bought 2 copies of SWTOR today from Target. Brand new, wrapped up boxes. Got home, installed & setup 1 account for me went smooth no problems, setup the other account, for my son, and it says the Product Reg key has already been used! And good luck trying to get hold of CS. I should have stuck by my gut and avoided this launch. You suck Bioware!

Go digital next time.

• AzorithAzorith Corinth, TXPosts: 187Member Uncommon

The place that "sucks" is the store you bought your copy from. I bet an employee used the key.

Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0
    i7-930 @ 2.8ghz w/ Corsair H50 Water cooling
    MSI 560Ti GTX Twin Frozr 2gig
    Corsair XMS3 12gb (6x2gb) DDR3 1333
    Coolmax 700w PSU
    Crucial C300 64gb SSD
    Seagate 320gb 7200RPM HDD
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    23" 1920x1080 LCD/LED 2ms ASUS

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Colorado Springs, COPosts: 261Member

LOL

Best launch I have been in yet.  Go exchange the game for a new copy, man.

Noone isn't a word; It's "no one". On a side note, you can guess where the word "none" came from.
    ------------------------------
    Their, There, and They're are not interchangeable.

• willvaswillvas Joliet, ILPosts: 137Member

{mod edit}

and yeah next time try digital.. its safer.  Those that sit on shelves can be stolen like any other product you buy man.  I have bought single player games that the code never worked because it was stolen. 

{mod edit}

• KrelianKrelian GöteborgPosts: 369Member Uncommon

Dude, i understand your frustration, but you bet your angry,angry a$$ that it was prolly the store and not Bioware that is responsible for this.

Just get a refund or a different box/key.

• alakramalakram malagaPosts: 2,225Member Uncommon

When you filled up the details for your second account the web browser probably filled up the seriel key box for you with your previously used key.

-=AlaKraM=-
    Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
    My Lord of the Rings Gallery

• ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,034Member Uncommon

Originally posted by alakram

When you filled up the details for your second account the web browser probably filled up the seriel key box for you with your previously used key.

Or he simply picked the same code again...

would be something silly I would do :P

• raistlinmraistlinm new orleans, LAPosts: 673Member

Just out of curiosity how do you know the problem stems from BW and not the store you purchased from?  And I'd atleast wait until I knew that I was going to have to take a loss to declare that anyone sucks be it the store or the developer themselves.

On another note I have seen so many brain dead posts about this game it leads one to believe this game is just teeming with people who have never played an mmorpg in their entire lives.

• ForgeknightForgeknight Elkville, ILPosts: 35Member

Good to see the smart asses are out tonight.

1st Target wont accept returns of opened games.

2nd bioware failed in putting bad codes, or no codes in some cases, on the shelves.

3rd Bioware has a horrible CS, they have one way to contact them in real time. By phone. Still holding.

4th No I am not some dumbass who doesnt know what code I am putting in.  {mod edit}

Oh and as for going digital...yeah probably should have, I just remember how long it took to download the beta client.

• marinridermarinrider Tomball, TXPosts: 1,556Member

2nd bioware failed in putting bad codes, or no codes in some cases, on the shelves.

3rd Bioware has a horrible CS, they have one way to contact them in real time. By phone. Still holding.

4th No I am not some dumbass who doesnt know what code I am putting in.  {mod edit}

Oh and as for going digital...yeah probably should have, I just remember how long it took to download the beta client.

Can you prove number 2?    And dont make an insult at people because your blaming the wrong person.

Also, I worked at target for around a year in customer service, they will exchange the game for you if the key didnt work.  They just wont give you a refund.  

And people are trying to say constructive things, your just mad because we dont agree with you.

Edit: And you can email them right here: http://www.swtor.com/support/form  It was like top 1/4 of the first page of results for the search "bioware customer support."  So that means your point 3 is wrong too. 

So, so far your wrong about 1 and 3, and have no proof for any wrong doing on biowares part (point 2).  

• ForgeknightForgeknight Elkville, ILPosts: 35Member

Yep you guys are right Target will exchange, forgive my rant and for calling you smart asses, well all but perhaps one of you, at any rate thanks for pointing me in that direction. Off to Target!

• marinridermarinrider Tomball, TXPosts: 1,556Member

Yep you guys are right Target will exchange, forgive my rant and for calling you smart asses, well all but perhaps one of you, at any rate thanks for pointing me in that direction. Off to Target!

Good luck, I hope you get a good one the second time around!

• AzorithAzorith Corinth, TXPosts: 187Member Uncommon

Thieves opened them

Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0
    i7-930 @ 2.8ghz w/ Corsair H50 Water cooling
    MSI 560Ti GTX Twin Frozr 2gig
    Corsair XMS3 12gb (6x2gb) DDR3 1333
    Coolmax 700w PSU
    Crucial C300 64gb SSD
    Seagate 320gb 7200RPM HDD
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    23" 1920x1080 LCD/LED 2ms ASUS

• dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    This sucks for the OP. I know that there were some issues with keys today.

I know they usually won't take opened games back at retail stores, pc at least, but I bet if you raise enough hell with target you can get them to cave.

It's more work than you should have to do, but might be easier than using Bioware's overclogged CS right now.

Using know if Bioware is doing anything about the key issues, but they may have a solution for this already. Sounds like a real mess. I'd be curious to see how widespread this is.

The other thing is I would chek out the account and see if you can log into game. I know they had problems with pre order keys not showing up properly on the site and giving that same error but worked anyways.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    Oops didn't read the thread. Grats on the target thing. They have good cs.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ripdogripdog simpsonville, KYPosts: 2Member

Originally posted by willvas :    Has the American people degraded in intelligence in the past 7 years I havent been there?  I truly hope not for the sake of our country.

When attempting to insult the intelligence of people you really should not make basic grammar mistakes.

• raistlinmraistlinm new orleans, LAPosts: 673Member

Heh I was about to find where you are and come get your game to exchange it myself haha!

It's good though to see when a person can admit they may be a bit at fault but like others said there is no reason you shouldn't be able to exchange the game the only problem from then is whether or not that store has more copies for your sake I hope so.

Honestly though the relative few problems I've read about so far pale in comparison to the problems of other games at launch I hope things work out for you and your son should be a good experience playing together when you get your issues worked out.

• SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon

4th No I am not some dumbass who doesnt know what code I am putting in. And no I am not 12 or uneducated. In fact I think it is a safe bet that so far I am a bit higher educated then those who have posted so far in this thread.

And last but not least, let a man rant without giving your BS advice. If you can't say something constructive then shut the hell up.

Try an exchange? Lot's of stores won't take open games but will totally exchange it for the same item... Just sayin...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Baltimore, MDPosts: 5,359Member

Blame EA.

The exact same crap happened to me with Warhammer Online.  And they said it would take like 3 or 4 days to resolve.  I took the game back and bought another copy lol.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member

Originally posted by Creslin321

Blame EA.

The exact same crap happened to me with Warhammer Online.  And they said it would take like 3 or 4 days to resolve.  I took the game back and bought another copy lol.

It's happened to many games.

Not much you can do, some dishonest people in the world, some human error, all kinds of things not directly under the producer's control once the software gets burned to disk.  And it's not entirely impossible that the buyer's one of those dishonest people (no offense OP, not saying you).

Better CS would probably help, at least in a lot of cases.  But that's no magic wand either.

DDL just looks better and better every year.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• willvaswillvas Joliet, ILPosts: 137Member

Originally posted by ripdog

Originally posted by willvas :    Has the American people degraded in intelligence in the past 7 years I havent been there?  I truly hope not for the sake of our country.

When attempting to insult the intelligence of people you really should not make basic grammar mistakes.

Then fix my mistakes mister grammar nazi.  Let me show you. 

"When attempting to insult the intelligenge of people, you should not make basic grammar mistakes."

There you go...  I fixed your mistake.  You needed a comma in there.  This is a forum not an English paper.  I have taken games with bad codes back to Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City with no problems.  Never did I say directly that the OP was stupid, I simply said I hope he isn't.  Learn to read.