Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Free to Play in February

2»

Comments

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Yay! Star Trek Online, and then Aion will fill the time until TOR becomes F2P!! :D

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

I gotta say I liked aion when it launched, but just not enough to justify a 15 fee.

For free I will definitely be checking it out on a regular basis.

Same for me.  I played beta, and then bought the game for launch and first month, but it began to pall a bit and I didn't want to pay the monthly subscription given that I wasn't going to play much.

I've kept an eye on things, though, and always hoped this option would become available.

Looking forward to trying it out again come next Feb.

• GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68

I think the game became a lot better when Assault to Balaurea was released, i bought Aion and never subscribed, but this time, i will try it again, it was one of the best pvp experiences i had in a mmorpg. Plus, now i know that i will have a Veteran account.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I think the article could have been written more clearly. As of today Europe is going FTP  in February. There is no indication North American is going FTP....yet.

• mafisimafisi Member UncommonPosts: 3

I was needing a new game to play and it looks like a good game to play free. I still have to wait until February but I hope I can play here in South America too.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Exceptional marketing.  Guess when the 30-day-free lookie loos depart ToR?  Cast the net wide and try to reel them in, it's freakin' genius.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nmalthusnmalthus Member CommonPosts: 98

Further proof that forced pvp is a set up for failure. No mmo can survive without catering to pvers.

• nmalthusnmalthus Member CommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by Piasek

A little more info regarding news.

Aion NA will stay p2p. Aion EU by Gameforge will go f2p to bring more European players to the game.

Won't be long before NA follows.

• HALO13HALO13 Member UncommonPosts: 7

It will be going free to play in the US too.  

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

I'd go back to playing if it was F2P.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    heh swtor pretty much destroy Aion and with more mmo coming out 2012 Aion knows it doesnt have chance unless its F2P. Still GW2>Aion

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by Boudewijns

well if it wasnt a pvp oriented game i would love to play it but thats to late now that SWTOR is comming out

By Feb a lot of folks will be done with SWTOR imo.

I'm already done and unsubbed.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• socalsk8trsocalsk8tr Member Posts: 65

I don't think the NA version will be able to stay open if they make a f2p version of it it wouldn't last a month I stopped playing around the middle of last year in the NA and the game was suffereing horribly then and were begining to merge server's due to lack of population it was also plagued with bot's and gold seller's as well. 

I don't see the NA keeping a p2p version if they're gonna make a f2p version theres just no way it would survive ppl from the NA would ragequit and protest it till they got a free version as well as eu players.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Originally posted by vesavius

1. Not pay to win (I can ignore the cash shop)

2. Full access to all content

3. Fresh servers (with one UK based no less)

Yes please.

1.  Cash shop is the only point of going fail to pay.

2. Possibly, but again, there's a cash shop in planning.

3. This is quite possible, especially after the cash shop begins to turn a profit.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Originally posted by wh0astar

Oh snap. I do hope this will go F2P for NA too! 

It seems that they are somehow still making money in the NA market off of this game, which surprises me because it is nothing more than a run of the mill F2P grinder from start to finish..

But eh, to each their own..

It will not go F2P in NA until the NA crowd gives them a reason to..

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by echolynfan
    Originally posted by vesavius Originally posted by Boudewijns well if it wasnt a pvp oriented game i would love to play it but thats to late now that SWTOR is comming out
      By Feb a lot of folks will be done with SWTOR imo.    
    I'm already done and unsubbed.

Wait, what? You just threw me for a loop there.

BOOYAKA!

• limeniolimenio Member UncommonPosts: 1

Well the game will be f2p but you will pay for a gold pack if you dont, then its impossible to buy a pvp armor cuz you will have 3 days cooldown at instances so you like it or not at 55 lvl you cant do anything at all and believe me with 3 days cooldown at instances you need over a year to take a decent gear at aion