Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lolz dictatorship?

2»

Comments

• cushingcushing Member Posts: 8

Tylantia, from what I read on the Ryzom forums, CSR Lanti from old Jolt days stayed until his death in August 2010 - so it wasn't without Jolt care all the time.

My personal experiences are, of course, from Leanon, where we rather have the problem that we are running out of GMs because of mobbing from a handful of players. We have lost, I think, at least two since last year because of that, and the one still left from the times I joined the game as a player (approximately 5 - 6 years ago) was under heavy attack. What would you have done with that kind of players who doubt everything you do, who doubt every sort of input from the event team, who sabotage every step the player parliaments take? I don't know if you had any kind of similar experience back then, but if you had I would be very interested to learn how you handled this. As far as I'm concerned, I won't apply for CSR or GM even if they would pay me, really. But even as "just" a player, a few times I was close to taking a bow out of the game, although it's the only one in all those years I did enjoy.

• TylantiaTylantia Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by cushing
    Tylantia, from what I read on the Ryzom forums, CSR Lanti from old Jolt days stayed until his death in August 2010 - so it wasn't without Jolt care all the time.
    My personal experiences are, of course, from Leanon, where we rather have the problem that we are running out of GMs because of mobbing from a handful of players. We have lost, I think, at least two since last year because of that, and the one still left from the times I joined the game as a player (approximately 5 - 6 years ago) was under heavy attack. What would you have done with that kind of players who doubt everything you do, who doubt every sort of input from the event team, who sabotage every step the player parliaments take? I don't know if you had any kind of similar experience back then, but if you had I would be very interested to learn how you handled this. As far as I'm concerned, I won't apply for CSR or GM even if they would pay me, really. But even as "just" a player, a few times I was close to taking a bow out of the game, although it's the only one in all those years I did enjoy.

Yeah Lanti and I went back years, very close friend and a shame at his passing away, really was.

I can however tell you 100% that if Jolt were still around they'd be none of the stuff going on today; we never had had any of it back then and anything that'd potentially be heading towards that area, would get squashed immediately :)

I think having a clear "chain of command", weekly meetings, use of security protected chat rooms (outside of CeB) etc helped us no end. We had specific people for specific tasks, but everyone had the basic training for day to day CSR volunteering. For example we could all and did most days, CSR every chance we got. Some of us like myself went on to not only do that but also man the public test server, get that running more smoothly (for patch testing and bug ironing etc) leading to a live events team constantly coming up with alot of roleplay stuff for everyone.

How it is atm from what people have said, you can see that there is no direction, control, heirarchy or even basic structure anymore. I noticed that instantly when I came back as Anuihlm over a year or so ago now. Complete 180 from back in the "olden days" hehe.

I do still hope that it somehow gets to carry on, but this CSR stuff has to change if its to even show a glimmer of hope now.

# SW:TOR : Tylantia, Sivis, Aeonis, Aehris, Xaehrin, Vhyce, Tehren, Suvis
    # Ryzom : Kasumi / Secor / Anuihlm
    # City of Heroes/Villains : @Tylantia
    # Age of Empires Online : Tylantia (Abydos server)
    # Stargate Worlds : Kadael
    # WoW : Tylantia, Siinaar, Sivis, Moofangles, Aehr, Cehr, Chaizen, Ocep, Tzias

• GuddrinGuddrin Member Posts: 1

Ryzom fascinates, like playing it, some staff people seem ok but seems staff would need more professionalism. Some more player information here.

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199

Originally posted by Tylantia

Tis a shame us ex-Jolt people aren't there anymore, might've been able to have changed this before it became a problem :(

I personally know quite a few of the CSR and its saddening to read this stuff, although a select few I can guarantee wouldn't be involved with anthing like this, and a few that alarm bells go off in my head instantly.

Hey Secor!

Wasn't the jolt crew taken over because jolt dropped out?

Deillon/Ligandel

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by Guddrin

Ryzom fascinates, like playing it, some staff people seem ok but seems staff would need more professionalism. Some more player information here.

The information the reference sounded serious, at least for someone outside and not much involved people, till the paragraph for the char Nitrous and the praise of him. I have witnessed myself how the char Nitrouss has perma stalking peeps ingame with tells and how he has  driven people away with his behaviour. It can't be excused  with roleplay because it was permanent stalking in private tells  24/7 so to speak even with RL threats.

Knowing this i am not sure about the validity of the other information in this blog entry and i have to question it at least.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Originally posted by DarthRaiden

The information the reference sounded serious, at least for someone outside and not much involved people, till the paragraph for the char Nitrous and the praise of him. I have witnessed myself how the char Nitrouss has perma stalking peeps ingame with tells and how he has  driven people away with his behaviour. It can't be excused  with roleplay because it was permanent stalking in private tells  24/7 so to speak even with RL threats.

Knowing this i am not sure about the validity of the other information in this blog entry and i have to question it at least.

Well then the same thing can be said for  you :

with no facts to validate your information anyone can say even you are

making RL threats and stalking people.

I have  spend time with the writer of that blog and i can tell you that she is

spot on what happens in Ryzom and i agree with the way she Depicts CSR's

on the Game and as for Nitrouss i been playing Ryzom for almost 3 years and

i have never get a RL threat or be stalked by him or any player..

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by Monje

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Well then the same thing can be said for  you :

with no facts to validate your information anyone can say even you are

making RL threats and stalking people.

I have  spend time with the writer of that blog and i can tell you that she is

spot on what happens in Ryzom and i agree with the way she Depicts CSR's

on the Game and as for Nitrouss i been playing Ryzom for almost 3 years and

i have never get a RL threat or be stalked by him or any player..

Read my post again and spend attention to the words "witnessed myself"...

Don't know about the other parts but Nitrouss was a bully.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• cushingcushing Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Tylantia

How it is atm from what people have said, you can see that there is no direction, control, heirarchy or even basic structure anymore.

Well, if you allow me to pick this up, one of the main criticisms - at least on Leanon - is not the lack of direction, control, hierarchy or structure, but that fact that it exists and that there's made use of. We had, for example, a player who declared the King of Matia dead and weak (yeah, both), that he would be the saviour and therefore he's King now (and no, there was no irony ot good-natured foolery involved).  Now, either you can accept this, or ignore this, or you take some sort of action. The first has to be out of discussion, for it's not founded in any reasonable truth, not even in a make-believe world. The second has the danger that other might take his course, and that would lead to a fission of the game and would make any sort of RP almost impossible. In this special case, I happen to be part of the Council of Nobles, so I won't be able to ignore the player anyway. So for me it had to be third right from the start. The Council decided to invite the anarchist, and the GMs took this as seriously as it should be taken and graced the meeting at the Royal Palace with the presence of Karan Yrkanis. The playeer who called himself King and fooled around on the throne, etc., was half impressed and said "sorry", but a few minutes later was back in old form. So the Council and the King decided to exile him until he has learned his bit. And to support this, the GM's took his Matis fame away. But imagine the row which followed, attacking the GMs; the council players were used to attacks anyway, for there are people who say that either any player is allowed to have such a position or none, and all players should be allowed in every player parliament, no matter what allegiance or nation, and no matter what he/she actually does. That would, of course, make the whole idea of player parliaments absurd. If you ask me, what we did was the most consequent action available, and the most fitting - and it involved direction, control, hierarchy and basic structure both IG as well as far as the GMs were concerned.