Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Five TV Shows That Should Be MMOs

Comments

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Brand name IP does not make a good game, only a good marketting campaign.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

BeastMaster hahahaha

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Highlander Online? ...damn... id never get any sleep...

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

G.I. Joe

Terra Nova

Transformers

Sanctuary as it's set now with the abnormal uprising for different factions

I like Highlander as a theme but you'd have to reroll if ya got beheaded. So not such a plauseable premise for an mmo cuz not too many peeps like perma- death.

And also a good version of Stargate! Hell they could pull from stargate and stargate atlantis

• KelvrekKelvrek Member Posts: 86
    Firefly, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead, and Highlander. Highlander would be the sandbox, full-loot PvP game so many in these forum say they want. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
  • holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

How can anyone write a list of shows that shgould be MMOs and not include Firefly?

How can they include the Muppets but not Firefly? I love the Muppets, but an MMO?

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • el_furiosoel_furioso Member Posts: 23

With the recent demise of LEGO Universe, I think a Muppet MMO for kids (and nostalgic adults)  is not a bad idea at all. The muppet style would lend itself to a fun character creator, and there's lots of great stories to build adventures around.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

Originally posted by holifeet

How can anyone write a list of shows that shgould be MMOs and not include Firefly?

How can they include the Muppets but not Firefly? I love the Muppets, but an MMO?

Dude, if ya read the posts above Bill already said they are making Firefly into an MMO. That's why he didn't include it.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Originally posted by Devildog1

Originally posted by holifeet

Dude, if ya read the posts above Bill already said they are making Firefly into an MMO. That's why he didn't include it.

They're making Firefly? My life may be complete...

/Goes looking...

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

1: Where is Firefly?

2: As long as you are including Jim Henson Company projects, why not include Farscape?  Kind of a no-brainer there.

• Mister_ReMister_Re Member Posts: 142

Naruto

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Aside from the Muppets, I've never heard of any of those.  I can't seem to come up with a single TV show that would make even a decent MMO, but that's probably due to my limited TV show repertoire.  

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Out of those, Masters of the Universe is the one that's the biggest no brainer when it comes to the creating of an MMO, as well as lots of other 80's cartoons.

For example, a Thundercats MMO where the storyline revolves around a new colony of thundarians refugees that managed to escape their planet before it blew up and arriving at the third planet, your class could be tied to the species of feline you pick up (tiger - ninja/rogue, panther - warrior, and so on), and even could also give you the chance to make it a factions PvP game by letting you also play a mutant.

As for the muppets, I don't really see the main muppets universe work as an MMO, except maybe as a F2P smaller game, since mostly all the muppets franchise is based around the show business, don't really see it working as an ongoing game IMHO. I'd use instead one of the other Jim Henson's franchises, like maybe Fraggle Rock or even Dark Crystal.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Masters of the Universe MMO would be fantastic.

The others listed? Meh.

• revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Hello

While i love Jim Henson and his muppets, i tihnk i would rather play a Dark Crystal MMO including a sound track by Crystal Method.

Rev.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Undead Labs is working on a zombie MMO.  Probably the closest you'll get to a Walking Dead MMO.

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224

1. GAME OF THRONES!

No question that medieval has been done and  overdone, but if they got the genre right and invented the right sort of mix of strategy and diplomacy and ditched the "find me 10 of this" fetch quest crap this would be golden.

Extra win for Tyrian Lannister.

2. HELL ON WHEELS

This show is gritty, awesome and the time for a REAL wild west mmo is upon us.

3. SONS OF ANARCHY

Sort of an admixture of Grand Theft Auto where the player builds up a motorcycle gang or loads up solo rider style

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Wow...big props for listing Deadwood, the best show of all time.

• sefrossefros Member Posts: 1

1. Babylon 5

2. Games of Thrones

both of these would be so good if they where done right.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

I really liked about the first six episodes of Deadwood.  After that I started to realize that nothing was really going to ever happen, and nothing much did.  I also got really sick of the writing and the delivery of the lines, especially Farnum.  Swearengen was ultimately the only good thing about the show.  Of course this is just my opinion of it, not a blast at any that liked it a lot.

Building the world of the show's Deadwood for an mmo would take a company about a week.  There were like three scenes in the entire run of the show that didn't take place in a handful of buildings right there on the main street. :)  It wasn't a "geographically epic" program at all.

• GluegunGluegun Member UncommonPosts: 28

1. Firefly - "To hell with this... I wanna live!"

2. Babylon 5 - Rangers - "Live for the one. Die for the one."

3. Earth 2  ish -  Strange, exotic and  hostile to the terrans -   colonist / survivor / invaders.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Babylon 5 gets my vote. Does anybody remember Lexx? Always thought that setting would make a great mmo. 

• logan400klogan400k Member UncommonPosts: 68

How about:

Old School -

Blake's 7

U.F.O.

Space 1999

Six Million Dollar Man / Bionic Woman

New School:

Superntural

Eureka / Warehouse 13 (not a huge fan but...)

Merlin*

Recent School Grads

Charmed

Buffy

Highlander*

Personal Favorites

Babylon 5*, Farscape*, Stargate*

All those could do pretty well, I personally find nothing fun as an adult about the Muppets and He-Man is not the powerful IP that other cartoons might be. G.I. Joe for instance.

*Has been mentioned in others posts

Just My 2 Lunars

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Firefly

Farscape

Andromeda

B5

Not a tv series but a Mechwarrior/Battletech MMO with full scale planetary assaults, FPS action in cage/elemental suits, Espionage, Economy/base building, Fighter combat, capital ships, Mercenary groups made of players.......would be rediculoiusy...stupidly...monumentaly...EPIC!!!!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

1. Firefly

2. Deadwood (Sure, why not?)

3. Battlestar Galatica (not a free browser wanna-be)

4. Stargate Universe

5. Farscape