Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Primetime downtime

2»

Comments

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by birdycephon

Here I was, getting home from work looking forward to playing SWTOR, and I log on, and they bring the servers down. I am quiet vexxed to say the least.

Thanks for sharing.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Here I was, getting home from work looking forward to playing SWTOR, and I log on, and they bring the servers down. I am quiet vexxed to say the least.

Final maintenence before launch.  It was announced a while ago.  

What he said.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The downtime was expected but what is becoming inceasingly annoying is their habit of always bringing down the website at the same time as the game.

Even their tweeter announcement links to a page on their site where the details apparently are... that can't be accessed image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Iselin

The downtime was expected but what is becoming inceasingly annoying is their habit of always bringing down the website at the same time as the game.

Even their tweeter announcement links to a page on their site where the details apparently are... that can't be accessed image

agreed server downtime is the primetime to bitch about or discuss stuff on the forums

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Downtimes are our friends. They give us the chance to get back to reality during these MMO launch hard times.

For me it's the perfect time to catch-up on my laundry, decorate the tree and drink rum and egg nog....lots of rum and egg nog.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Yes downtime is a bummer - however it seems like the perfect night to shower my wife with attention, something I've sadly been negelecting since EGA =)  when I found out servers were down I got a little wine, MNF about to start. No worries here.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Originally posted by Kickaxe

God bless America and all, but try Canadian game developer.  And yes, many of us canadians are quite proud of that fact; thus my reply.  :)

I agree.  That is why I married a French-Canadian!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• WookieebobWookieebob Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by Gaoxin

I was ABOUT TO send my companions on crafting missions... -.-

I had 20 seconds left on the last item I was crafting when I got booted.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

If you're in the Pac timezone, the game will reopen for official release at 9pm (midnight Eastern).

I'll being watching the two-hour season finate of Terra Nova which should be 8-10pm tonight.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Hmm, you supposes BW reads these forums?

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Creslin321

Originally posted by bronecar

I was hoping to play some more tonight as well, but you have to consider they are preparing for release.

We played a few days for free, so I am alright with this.

Yes...free, right.

I'm guessing that $5.00 preorder fee went to charity :).

This is the millionth time I ve said this. The $5 is in the total cost, it s not $5 plus $59.99 for  a standard edition. You get charged $5, then $54.99. Why does everyone think it s $5 extra dollars to pre order. lol.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's stay on topic and stop the baiting. Thanks!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Honestly everyone should have expected this.  They would obviously want to check their list, maybe check it twice before they get the flood of players.

I self identify as a monkey.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Well, we can't say there was no warning (right there in the client login, and on the boards), or that it's not a good idea.

If I had N thousands more customers arriving irregularly over the next few days, I'd certainly do everthing possible to make life stable for them.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Launch is in 2hours and 42 mins o.o 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Originally posted by Icewhite

Well, we can't say there was no warning (right there in the client login, and on the boards), or that it's not a good idea.

If I had N thousands more customers arriving irregularly over the next few days, I'd certainly do everthing possible to make life stable for them.

Yes, but they could have done it at a better time. It's not like the "Launch day" is going to get this huge flood of people. Everyone who has purchased the game is already playing.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Yes, but they could have done it at a better time. It's not like the "Launch day" is going to get this huge flood of people. Everyone who has purchased the game is already playing.

Er, no.  Some people are standing in line right at this moment, or tomorrow, to get their copy.  Others have one waiting under the Xmas tree.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Ahh, was wondering what happened:) Came here and saw the flood of SWTOR posts.

Have to play RL for a while:) Enjoy.

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

All the gaming stores are opening at midnight to sell swtor. And yes, there are lines to purchase it. Lets hope that this maintenance period has something to do with upgrading their servers to allow more people on. If not, the ques are really gonna suck tomorrow.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Same thing happenned to me. Get home from work, sit down -server going down- facepalm...

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I get off work at midnight. It's timed great for me! Hah

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Leucent

Originally posted by Creslin321

Originally posted by bronecar

I was hoping to play some more tonight as well, but you have to consider they are preparing for release.

We played a few days for free, so I am alright with this.

Yes...free, right.

I'm guessing that $5.00 preorder fee went to charity :).

This is the millionth time I ve said this. The $5 is in the total cost, it s not $5 plus $59.99 for  a standard edition. You get charged $5, then $54.99. Why does everyone think it s $5 extra dollars to pre order. lol.

Nevermind, I think I understand.  The $5.00 is to reserve your copy of the game.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?