Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Game is still not really ready....but release on!

ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Im having a lot of fun and have been since Beta. Im hoping they throw in some of the important features that NEED to be in this game tonight.

NEAR TERM NEEDED CHANGES/FIXES:

Chat Bubbles: you miss a TON of convo because of the existing chat style

/roll /random 100 SOMETHING: Needs a randomizer for world boss/raid loot. Currently if you have more than 4 people with you....there is no way to roll.

Warzone Brackets: These need to happen in the next couple weeks once more people hit 40s+

Bugs in the Flashpoint Quests: Not getting credit for completeing Flashpoint Dailies/phony lockout timers

Companions Ability settings that you change will always revert to default upon zoning/resummoning. You will notice if you open your companion's ability window and de-select certain abilities you dont want him using or you want him using that he wasnt before, if you log or zone out and have to resummon your companion, it always goes back to default. They should make it so your companion zones with you so you dont have to resummon everytime.....gets annoying because in Essesls and many other flashpoints you zone A LOT (elevators and such)

Tab and F Key targeting needs a major overhaul

LONG TERM NEEDED CHANGES:

More dynamic space flight missions, pvp space flight

Selecting your WZ instead of random

World PVP Objectives and Rewards (this is NOT a PVE only game no matter what you think. Its Republic and Empire and they hate eachother....let them duke it out in a better way than ONLY WZ or compeltely pointless Open World PVP

Mini games in the Cantinas (gambling perhaps?)

These are just a few of the Necessary things and some of the more optional but cool things I think this game needs to differentiate itself at all from the past failures.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

Comments

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66

Me thinks you Zigged instead of Zagged.

• SloyoSloyo Member Posts: 9

Gambling in the cantina could be really interesting!  Could implement the ues of the social functions as well.  Great idea, never even thought of that.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Well if this game is not redy for release then no other game ever has been.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

Originally posted by Sloyo

Gambling in the cantina could be really interesting!  Could implement the ues of the social functions as well.  Great idea, never even thought of that.

id like to be able to sit in a cantina asswell...

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Those suggestions remind me of beta. guess things never really changed that much

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

This is something I dont get why more greedy MMO Companies dont jump into. I know of an MMO which is pretty old and put in Texas Hold'em, its a huge hit. The game is there for your enjoyment, or if you want a break and want to play some poker with your friends for fun or for gold why shouldn't you be able to?

Originally posted by ZigZags

This is something I dont get why more greedy MMO Companies dont jump into. I know of an MMO which is pretty old and put in Texas Hold'em, its a huge hit. The game is there for your enjoyment, or if you want a break and want to play some poker with your friends for fun or for gold why shouldn't you be able to?

Its probably because Gold sellers would be making a killing from all the poker losers.....There..I just deflated one of my dreams :-(

Originally posted by Vidir

Well if this game is not redy for release then no other game ever has been.

I agree totally. I think there's a lot more polish that could be put into pretty much ALL mmos @ release based on beta experiences. For instance people have been bitching about the crappy targeting and chat system since beta...nothing has been done about it. A polished UI is something I would shoot for if I had any pull.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Good list, I'd also add a revamp to their looting system as well. Atm there is really no filter on what you can 'need' on, so I've had pleanty of annoying situations where my loot gets Ninjad. Some people don't seem to be bothered by this, but it is a loot-driven game, even if it is story based.

The CC in warzones is also a bit out of wack, this will get very hairy (as it has in the past for MMO after MMO), but the class balancing in general is a bit out of wack in warzones. With the exception of the assassin / shadow, ranged classes have all the damage, CC, and most of the survivability (topped by the jugg / guardian only). I could go on, but basically the melee classes need some love (juggs / guardians a little, and marauders / sentinels a lot).

Also, it would be good to have a filter for Ques when it comes to warzones. Getting huttball nearly every time is getting old fast (some additional warzones would also be nice, I'm getting tired of the same 3 over and over).

- I've had a few VOs now, where the dialogue choices were blank. Not sure if this is a bug / glitch, or missing data file.

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

1.5 million people (preorders) have been playing the game for the last few days.

So, yeah, it's ready already.

~~~

Bug fixes, tweaks, changes, additions -- yes, those will happen in due time.

~~~

But here is some WoW perspective since everyone seems to compare (insert thing here) to WoW:

On WoW's retail release, an incredibly annoying herb-gathering bug existed that caused you to remain in the crouched position if you picked an herb on a hillside.

The only fix was to relog.  Was weeks into retail release before they fixed that.

Every MMO -- every single one -- has bugs at release.

Move along ... nothing to see here ... move along.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• osiriszoranosiriszoran Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by aesperus

Good list, I'd also add a revamp to their looting system as well. Atm there is really no filter on what you can 'need' on, so I've had pleanty of annoying situations where my loot gets Ninjad. Some people don't seem to be bothered by this, but it is a loot-driven game, even if it is story based.

The CC in warzones is also a bit out of wack, this will get very hairy (as it has in the past for MMO after MMO), but the class balancing in general is a bit out of wack in warzones. With the exception of the assassin / shadow, ranged classes have all the damage, CC, and most of the survivability (topped by the jugg / guardian only). I could go on, but basically the melee classes need some love (juggs / guardians a little, and marauders / sentinels a lot).

Also, it would be good to have a filter for Ques when it comes to warzones. Getting huttball nearly every time is getting old fast (some additional warzones would also be nice, I'm getting tired of the same 3 over and over).

- I've had a few VOs now, where the dialogue choices were blank. Not sure if this is a bug / glitch, or missing data file.

Melee dont have any advatange until 30+ in level.

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Originally posted by SpiritofGame

1.5 million people (preorders) have been playing the game for the last few days.

So, yeah, it's ready already.

~~~

Bug fixes, tweaks, changes, additions -- yes, those will happen in due time.

~~~

But here is some WoW perspective since everyone seems to compare (insert thing here) to WoW:

On WoW's retail release, an incredibly annoying herb-gathering bug existed that caused you to remain in the crouched position if you picked an herb on a hillside.

The only fix was to relog.  Was weeks into retail release before they fixed that.

Every MMO -- every single one -- has bugs at release.

Move along ... nothing to see here ... move along.

Myself and many others still can't install the game - patcher just errors out. Ended up having to copy all my buddy's install files to my computer. Literally a game-breaking issue that still has no fix. Other than that little snafu, been having a hoot >_>

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

This game was more polished than wow (after 7 years) even before it's beta ended. Blizzard lost the plot with wow years ago when it's original developers moved on.

It's also nice to finaly play a MMO where classes are actually balanced properly in both pvp and pve (once you know how to play that is, most people don't yet)