Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow.. looks like somebody already reached level 50

Comments

• sgtairbornesgtairborne Member Posts: 51

Well seeing as how the same exploit that has been in all the builds for a few months is still in the game is it really surprising that people level this fast? I love this game but either bioware will look at their numbers and see what is legiut and what is fishy or people who want to feel some sort of superiority for leveling the fastest in a game will learn the bug and exploit the system. Why the fuck are we even talking about this? Its always the same, these douche bags make it to the end faster then they should have and then start crying about end game. I am really starting to think MMO's after all these years are not really for me.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by Creslin321

Granted.

BUT.

This is an MMORPG and it is supposed to generate long term subscriptions.  If you can play the game and be done with it in 60 hours...how is that going to work?

Also, decent SPRPGs generally take around 60 hours to beat.

How is this game exactly "done" in 60 hours?  It's got everything that every other MMO has in terms of end game play, so if we're going to use the "but it's an MMO" line, then let's view it as an MMO, meaning let's also judge the game on its endgame content as well.  

I swear, some of us on this site will use whatever label we can to make sure this game doesn't get a fair shake.  

"It's a single player RPG with multiplayer options!"  

"No wait, it's an MMO, and you aren't supposed to level that fast.  The game is 'done' in 60 hours!"

"Wait, there's endgame content?  Ummm, it's a single player RPG!"  

Seriously, you guys are beginning to trip over your own criticisms of the game.   

Yes, it does technically have most of everything that other themepark MMORPGs have.

WoW has raids, SWTOR has raids (operations).

WoW has PvP, SWTOR has PvP.

WoW has dungeons, SWTOR has dungeons.

But here's the problem.  Other games in the genre (esp. WoW) have A LOT MORE of all of the above, and many do it arguably much better than SWTOR.  In addition, SWTOR doesn't really offer anyting that WoW doesn't offer in the end-game department.  So unless someone is completely burned out on WoW, I don't see why they would move their permanent "home" to SWTOR when they could just go back to WoW after they get max level with whatever chars they want in SWTOR.

SWTOR has (IMO) the most enjoyable leveling process of any themepark MMORPG I've played...hands down.  But it's really lacking in the other departments.  And that's what I'm trying to say. 

An awesome leveling process is great but it ends when you reach max level.  That's when the other parts of the game need to pick up the slack.  I just don't see this happening with SWTOR in its current state.

If it offered something foundationally different in the end-game dept. that WoW doesn't offer at all, then I would change my tune.  But it doesn't.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by 8BitAvatar

Surprised it took this long actually.

It didn't.  There were at least 3 level 50's on my server several days ago.  This is just as I predicted.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Druft

I have to say though that i think getting to high level in swtor is a bit too fast. I started on thursday and have not been powerplaying at all. Watched all cutscenes, slept nicely and enjoyed playing and still lvl 40 with all crew skills almost maxed. Somehow feels like things should progress a bit slower than that.

What is your class?  I have been playing about 7 hours a day since wed, and only have a level 16 and 2 level 10s to show for it, and on the level 10s I've skipped the cut scenes for the world quests and only watched my personal story quests.  I'm so slow..lol

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Aren't MMOs designed to keep people playing for a long time, in order to make their money?

Why didn't this one try doing that?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Granted.

BUT.

This is an MMORPG and it is supposed to generate long term subscriptions.  If you can play the game and be done with it in 60 hours...how is that going to work?

How is this game exactly "done" in 60 hours?  It's got everything that every other MMO has in terms of end game play, so if we're going to use the "but it's an MMO" line, then let's view it as an MMO, meaning let's also judge the game on its endgame content as well.  

I swear, some of us on this site will use whatever label we can to make sure this game doesn't get a fair shake.  

"No wait, it's an MMO, and you aren't supposed to level that fast.  The game is 'done' in 60 hours!"

Yes, it does technically have most of everything that other themepark MMORPGs have.

But here's the problem.  Other games in the genre (esp. WoW) have A LOT MORE of all of the above, and many do it arguably much better than SWTOR.  In addition, SWTOR doesn't really offer anyting that WoW doesn't offer in the end-game department.  So unless someone is completely burned out on WoW, I don't see why they would move their permanent "home" to SWTOR when they could just go back to WoW after they get max level with whatever chars they want in SWTOR.

SWTOR has (IMO) the most enjoyable leveling process of any themepark MMORPG I've played...hands down.  But it's really lacking in the other departments.  And that's what I'm trying to say. 

An awesome leveling process is great but it ends when you reach max level.  That's when the other parts of the game need to pick up the slack.  I just don't see this happening with SWTOR in its current state.

If it offered something foundationally different in the end-game dept. that WoW doesn't offer at all, then I would change my tune.  But it doesn't.

I would liked to have seen SWTOR launch a month or so after a WoW xpac.  That is the point where it has the least amount of "end game" content and it would have been easier to compair.

• DruftDruft Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Originally posted by Druft

I have to say though that i think getting to high level in swtor is a bit too fast. I started on thursday and have not been powerplaying at all. Watched all cutscenes, slept nicely and enjoyed playing and still lvl 40 with all crew skills almost maxed. Somehow feels like things should progress a bit slower than that.

What is your class?  I have been playing about 7 hours a day since wed, and only have a level 16 and 2 level 10s to show for it, and on the level 10s I've skipped the cut scenes for the world quests and only watched my personal story quests.  I'm so slow..lol

Juggernaut in a tank spec which is fairly slow to level compared to some others since the damage is so low.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I got in 15th or 16th, and I'm 27, almost 28, I do not skip any video, because for the first time, the lvl'ing actually catches me, I am one of those guys who love to powerlvl, but I really do enjoy the story in this one.

And no, the game won't be over in 60 hours, even if you do decide to power trhough it all on your first toon, that just means you can roll another and then get the story, and another, and another. (not sure how many unique stories are in there, but there is at least 4, probably more)

Then comes the end game, if you're into that... And / Or end-game PvP.

On rails, yes, good rails, definitly!

I'm done having quest text thrown at me, I never read that **** anyway.

In every other mmo, you run up to an npc with a mark on, accept whatever quest they have, run to the next, and accept, run to where the pointers tell you, run back and deliver, repeat 2000 times, that's not "hard-mode"... It's just a huge boring grind.

But majority of you probably won't even read or try to understand this, you just carry on bashing the game because it's not what you like, so uhm, carry on.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

But here's the problem.  Other games in the genre (esp. WoW) have A LOT MORE of all of the above, and many do it arguably much better than SWTOR. 

I am not so sure about this.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Beazt

In every other mmo, you run up to an npc with a mark on, accept whatever quest they have, run to the next, and accept, run to where the pointers tell you, run back and deliver, repeat 2000 times, that's not "hard-mode"... It's just a huge boring grind.

I think you mean in other themepark MMOs.

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66

Sapcebar and completely blow through all content to look macho to people who never will know your name?

Sounds narsisitic to me.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Granted.

BUT.

Oh so youre one of the lvl 50's that seen the end game?  youre the one that has done all story and side missions what would be enough to level 2 or 3 characters to 50 for a single class .

youre the one who has done all flashpoints, has collected all craft recipies, has done all heroric champion elite world bosses, has done  all of the end game story pvp and pve zones..

While sw:tor might be lacking in terms of refined mechanics that only can come whit time it does most sertainly (asfar i seen till lvl 30)  offer far far more worth for the buck then any game in the themepark gerne I ever played. but eh..thats just my  opinion.

as for those 50's  to bat for them they are in the leveling mindset, soo manny content you skip/miss by rushing.

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171

Levelling is far too easy in Swtor, much like it was in Rift, and sadly I suspect Swtor's popularity will be just as short lived because of it.

There have been the typical insults from little boys who I suspect take an hour tying their shoelaces, and who assume all playing should be just as "special"; accusations of glitching, not sleeping, skipping cut scenes, manipulating a flaw with xp in warfronts, et al, but ultimately the finger pointing is all nonsense.

I have been playing since the 3rd wave on the 13th, and have a level 31 sent, level 22 shadow, and 11 vanguard, both the sent and shadow have also levelled crafting in line with their adventure level, and I am going out of my way not to level too quickly, and have not skipped a single cut scene, but it is just too easy. I have even avoided pvp and flashpoints as these are even more efficient ways to advance if you want take advantage of them.

Frankly, it is already getting boring; provided you do not stare aimlessly at your computer screen for hours on end wondering what to do next, a few hours is all that's needed to follow the quest path through a planet to completion. I had hoped for better on arriving at Tatooine, and while a larger area than previous planets, in reality there are no more quests there than has been the average for each previous planet. The inclusion of a pvp zone is little more than a minor distraction that has no real value, as the zone does not contain anything to keep players fighting over it.

Sadly, I cannot help but feel the gloss will tarnish all too quickly, come the New Year I suspect many mmo gamers will already be looking forward to the next game release.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by kadepsyson

I think you mean in other themepark MMOs.

You know the majority of quests in SWTOR are just like this as well, right?

And yes, there are already a bunch of lvl 50s. Most got it through a pvp glitch, or from grinding pvp / flashpoints.

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

It's interesting how a lot of people seem to think everything ends and comes crumbling down once you achieve max level on a single character.

If that's the case, I can understand why so many people are angry at the more popular games.

Not to me though, and I don't think anyone in their right mind would end everything immediately after achieving max level - what a waste of time that would be! There's PLENTY to do, even when not questing or PVPing to get your level cap. I mean, let's get real: they've shipped with much more content than most MMOs have in a long time.

Give them a major content patch or two before we start spreading doom and gloom, huh?

Originally posted by aesperus

And yes, there are already a bunch of lvl 50s. Most got it through a pvp glitch, or from grinding pvp / flashpoints.

It is, but with a meaningful story.... Which takes the "boring" out of it, and put in "enjoyable" instead.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Keep in mind that there are many people that have been playing the game for a year.  They know all the ins and outs to leveling up fast, and had been through all the quests many times, so likely space barred through everything. And many had already formed guilds that were ready to go as soon as the early access began.  That does not reflect, at all, on how fast the average person will level. 

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Satarious

http://news.mmosite.com/content/a/2011-12-19/swtor_player_reached_level_cap_in_4_days.shtml

Talk about hard core!  Lol!  That dude must have been playing 24/7 or at least had a team of people playing the same character.  I knew somebody who did that way back in the EQ days.

Honestly at this point people simply go out of their way to achieve this feat in regards to most mmorpg's.  I wonder how many people actually played the character and for how many days straight they were probably logged on for to do this.  As slow as I tend to be I could see myself not having reached level cap in a year.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

It is, but with a meaningful story.... Which takes the "boring" out of it, and put in "enjoyable" instead.

image ...lmao

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

Congrats to him... It doesn't bother me one bit. I am going to take my time and enjoy the game and if i concerned myself with other peoples actions then i might as well play Facebook. We'll all meet up at 50 sooner or later.....

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Originally posted by stratasaurus

Originally posted by Eliandal

If a game like old EQ or DAOC EVER came out now - it would be limited to 'hardcore' players within a week, since no one wants to take literally months to finish levelling.

I haven't played it but from what I've heard isn't Aion pretty hardcore in the level grinding department?

Aion is definitely grindy. But some people purposely stay at a set level so they can PvP.

The most grindiest games are the F2P ones. Say for example 9 Dragons back in the day. There was probably at least over 150 levels for sure, but once you got to around level 60 it was painfully slow.

Or Rohan Blood Feud. I dont know exactly how much levels there are but once you got to around level 50 you're getting about .002 (I'm just throwing a number out but it was a lil bit higher or lower give or take) exp per kill and questing didn't help much either after level 35.

• GolarumGolarum Member Posts: 151

Tbh, I think it's stupid, but that is my opinion.

When I play an mmo, I want to enjoy the game, every aspect of it, especiialy when the game just released. And getting to 50 this fast, he probably doesn't have any valor ranks, or any crafting up, or any of the side goodies, which will make it a boring grind at 50, again, I don't see the point.

What I would suggest is for these guys to go see a shrink, set their priorities in life, HAVE A LIFE, go outdoors, get a girlfriend, have sex, read a book, etc. I play around 10-15 hours a week and I find that I am wasting a lot of time. But again, this is me.

Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Originally posted by RizelStar

image I'm an idiot, so I'll just make emoticons and act cool...

alright then.

• VIIKINGVIIKING Member Posts: 42

LOL now its time to roll another toon and actually enjoy the game.....

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Not this again....Please, stop with the b*tching that BioWare supposedly "lied" about the 200 hours. Copy/paste from another thread:

"The guy did nothing but quests, skipped all the VO's, knew beforehand where the quests were, what he had to do, the order in which he would do them, had tremendous amounts of experience with the class he was playing, and had a friend to help him out. Hey, just saying.

BTW, I hope you know that those 200 hours is considered an average. An average."