Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite story so far?

bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Well, can't say I played too much on a single toon, wanted to check all stories, so I made like 8 characters so far, none going beyond Dromund Kaas, some not even leaving their starting areas.

However, here are my early impressions: Empire has put it together much better, I find their personalities and storylines to be much more compelling.

So here are my top 3: Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior.

How about you, care to share some thoughts on the matter? :)

Comments

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Can only comment on the bits I played during beta but the stories in general were awesome. Having played only two classes creating a ranking of those doesn't say too much. I have to say though that I'm a bit disappointed by the Inquisitor story past level 16. It's a bit repetitive in my eyes with the special sith feeling not being as intense as in the earlier levels. I hope that changes again later on!

So it's Sith Inquisitor before the Imperial Agent for me!

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Originally posted by Saydien

Can only comment on the bits I played during beta but the stories in general were awesome. Having played only two classes creating a ranking of those doesn't say too much. I have to say though that I'm a bit disappointed by the Inquisitor story past level 16. It's a bit repetitive in my eyes with the special sith feeling not being as intense as in the earlier levels. I hope that changes again later on!

So it's Sith Inquisitor before the Imperial Agent for me!

Hm, so I take it you decided to skip the game then or you didn't pre-order?

Kinda worried to hear about the story bit becoming rather dull later on, so far it was a blast.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and hope to see you in game (if that is your intent).

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

All I have to say:

Late-level Sith Warrior storyline gets pretty badass. 

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Oh I will definitely buy the game eventually. Just won't have the time to play over the holidays so I really wasn't in a rush to get it. In my eyes the slightly less fun story was more than compensated by the class and abilities getting more fun gameplay wise. So I don't see it as a reason to worry. Especially since after that slightly less fun stage there probably is quite an epic one!

Phew, I hope I managed to avoid any spoilers!

• Cameron27Cameron27 Member Posts: 142

Also can only comment from beta

Made Inquisitor to Kaas, didn't really care for the main character.

Made Warrior to Kaas liked the main character much more. Thought the master char was pretty cool. Was intrigued.

Made Smuggler to almost the end of Coruscant, thoroughly enjoyed the story. Although Riggs is meh. Like Carth only worse, which is hard to do.

"I will not play it nor any other MMO until they make it possible to obtain the best gear without forcing people to group up to do so." SwampRob

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Hard to pick my favorite story, but I found this video. It's a quest I did, but my choices never had this happen ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30vOp7lS5lw ROFL.  I'm making this song my new ringtone.

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429

Taking my time and enjoying the two I am playing atm. I also get to see the sage story which has been fun so far.

Trooper (Vanguard - Tank) 22 and a Smuggler (Scoundrel - Healer) 21.

So far I've really enjoyed the storys. The Trooper I play in a static group, Me the tank, Wife's the Healer (Sage) and two Friends on Trooper (commando DPS) and Sage (DPS)

The Smuggler I play solo when my group is not around.

For the people that said *Single player game* Pffft. I have alot more fun in my static group that I do solo on the Smuggler. We run around blasting crap and hitting up all the heroic's and Flashpoints. Group Dialogs FTW. Of course we only have 2 archtypes so that prob take alot of the irritation out, IE we only have to do two different class quests and we just split into pairs to do them so it works out nice. I can see if we had one of each base class and had to run around doing 4 different class questlines it would get a little irritating.

Overall, enjoying the game so far and taking my time. I see alot of level 30-40's on my server but unlike every other game I played recently I have no great desire to rush to level cap, I'm actually enjoying questing /shrug.

• ive only ever really played the agent and trooper.  played agent up to lvl 32 and almost through alderaan in testing and my current trooper is 29 and just finished tatooine.  so far i prefer the trooper story to the agents.  it seems to move a bit faster than the agents but it is also built to be more of an action movie than mystery and intrigue like the agent.  but i do have to say, i was really starting to get very interested in where the agents story was going where i left off and this will likely be my second or third character(cant decide if i want to do smuggler first or not).

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by bronecar

Well, can't say I played too much on a single toon, wanted to check all stories, so I made like 8 characters so far, none going beyond Dromund Kaas, some not even leaving their starting areas.

However, here are my early impressions: Empire has put it together much better, I find their personalities and storylines to be much more compelling.

So here are my top 3: Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior.

How about you, care to share some thoughts on the matter? :)

I really like the Republic Trooper and smuggler stories, I really dislike the Jedi Knight, mainly because I would like to take a lightsaber to the NPC's skulls

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Made alts of all archetypes for each side. Going with the Sith Warrior first though. So far, kind of straight forward Sith warrior rising in the ranks of evil badassery on par with Vader. Don't really have any real gutwrenching decisions yet at lvl 20.

Trooper, however, is my second choice. Going Commando (giggety). So far gone through the story on Ord Mantell and dare I say superb fan fiction material. I can see it only getting better further down the line, mixing a bit of Starship Troopers enthusiasm with some Apocolypse Now undertones.

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

I played all the classes throughout  beta EXCEPT Agent/Inquisitor and finally at the end (last few days) I read a few posts about the SI story and decided to give it a try.

Fell in love with the Inquisitor story instantly, hell I played him from 1-17 in one day I was so engrossed in it.

The Agent I liked too, but no where near the BH story IMO.

So for me it's: Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and Agent - in that order.

Go figure the last 2 classes I tried were 2 of the best story wise, I planned on playing a Consular at release but after playing Agent/Inquisitor I had to go Empire and since my original plan was to play a Consular picking the SI as my new main was a no brainer.

Prior to playing those two classes my picks would have been : Bounty Hunter, Sith Warrior and Jedi knight.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

First - Trooper.  Havoc Squad gets **** done. Need something blown up? We got you.  Need someone killed? We got you.  Need some moronic Senators rescued? Oh yeah we got you. There was one point in the story so far (not going to spoil it) that just made me pause for a second before making my choice. I kid you not I sat there for about 4 mins debating about what I should choose.

Second - Sith Warrior. Played one in beta, and love the story. I actually ruined their ending by watching a youtube video of it.  Needless to say it hasn't stopped me from deciding this will be my first personal alt. Since sadly my first real alt will be a JK for my guild. Not to mention the fun I'll have in breaking that one companions will and turning her to Dark side. Hell might even do another Sith Warrior and go Light Side.

Third - Sith Inquisitor. Ruined the ending for this one to, but just like with Sith Warrior.  Watching the ending made me want to play one even more. Plus from my experience with them in beta I found the story very compelling. Seeing how I get to that point at the end, has me giddy with joy. Thinking about all the people I would manipulate and kill, all in the name of the Empire.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• jpjesterjpjester Member Posts: 16

It was not a main quest, but the Gree quest was fun. 

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I liked the Sith Warrior story, but wasn't too into the class itself, so I made a Bounty Hunter - great story right from the get-go.  I'm trying to go mostly light side, so when I make a dark side choice here or there (rare), it really adds to the story.  The Rattataki voice plus the sarcasm in the BH's answers are freakin' awesome.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Agent, agent agent. I'm finishing up Nar Shadda on one now, and I've gettne past where I'd played to before (multiple times) in testing. I love the story, and the feel of the class (operative FTW).

Love the story so much I'll play it again as sniper with no worries.  Kaliyo is by FAR my favourite companion in the game.

• Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Agent, agent agent. I'm finishing up Nar Shadda on one now, and I've gettne past where I'd played to before (multiple times) in testing. I love the story, and the feel of the class (operative FTW).

Love the story so much I'll play it again as sniper with no worries.  Kaliyo is by FAR my favourite companion in the game.

thats a good thing since since still got a little ways to go till you get another one XD

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Really enjoying my Sit Warrior along with the companion. I've level'd a Jedi knight and a Trooper to lvl13. I don't like them much at all, not to mention I don't like their starting companions. I'm either going to try a Jedi Consular or a Sith Inq next. Maybe a bounty hunter.

But yeah, I have to agree, the Sith seem to have their stuff together  a little better.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by gaou

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

thats a good thing since since still got a little ways to go till you get another one XD

Lol, I know.

Agents and Inquisitors kinda get a raw deal on speed of new companions.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i actually like my sith inquistor story. I dont think it looses that sith feeling at all. Ive managed to romance a darth a cultist, Kill an intelligence officer for incompetiance on nar shadda, Ive killed alot of people lol in my play through. I love being the bad inquistor

The story for the inquistor is amazing so far. I dont think it got boring at all, Im a 23 . My inquistor quests on balmaroa werent bad at all. I sorta liked kiling the majors son who9 was an  incompetant sith, then killing him. 

So i didnt find it got boring at all. Thats me though

I liked the smuggelr best as far as levelign to 10 though

ive played a counselor to 9, a trooper to 7 as well as my inquistor in ea, in beta i got  a warrior to 16, a bh to 5 a ia to 6 and a jedi knight to 7 and smuggler was best startign world story .

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

So far I've been entertained with every class I've played. But I would have to say the Bounty Hunter would take my award.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by C1d0s

All I have to say:

Late-level Sith Warrior storyline gets pretty badass. 

I was loving Sith Warrior in beta before I quit. I wanted to save the story for launch, but all of my lame friends want to play Republic so..

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Imperial Agent have the best storyline by far

Originally posted by peebee929

I played all the classes throughout  beta EXCEPT Agent/Inquisitor and finally at the end (last few days) I read a few posts about the SI story and decided to give it a try.

Fell in love with the Inquisitor story instantly, hell I played him from 1-17 in one day I was so engrossed in it.

The Agent I liked too, but no where near the BH story IMO.

Imperial Agent lvl 28-30 thats where all change that is all xd

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

scorpio best companion xd

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Im still in act one whit all my characters:P (all near the end 30+)  so cant realy comment but agent and counsilor are kinda nice, seen some smugler stuff also (tho not the overal plot) its kinda funny as you expect from a smuglers class story. flirt youre way to youre goal :P

Hope for a stronger plot in act 2 ( each act is a story on its own)  for my counsilor ,for now it serves as a nice story to lead me from a-z