Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

perfect 40k mmo

Thq and vigil should of done an mmo based on horus heresy then rather the future of things.

Because one.. horus heresy would work out so well.

2 sides.. Chaos legions vs Imperium legions

Play as any legion of astartes and get to see all primarchs  :D.

balance too. all xenos would be npc .

I know everyone would probably be un happy cause everyone wants to play xenos but come on  . Horus heresy works out just fine as a mmo.

but thats just my thought that horus heresy would be better than DMO. Though i hope they do DMO well.

Comments

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

this would have been a really good idea  for a two sided warhammer mmo

and then they could introduce new races with expasion packs  i would have liked  this very much

much better than what they are giving us

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

Games workshop has a tight grip on what is done with their IP. The Horus Heresy is a matter of cannon history and has essentially no room for interpretation or expansion. It's great stuff for writing books about, and maybe even a single player game, but a terrible setting for an MMO. With sargos, they can expand in any direction they want and not conflict with previously existing cannon including races/forces involved, special characters created/killed, planets in the sector, specific events that take place, and so on.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by zimboy69

this would have been a really good idea  for a two sided warhammer mmo

and then they could introduce new races with expasion packs  i would have liked  this very much

much better than what they are giving us

How so? makes just as much sense to have a 2 faction mmo in teh horus heresy as it does current 40k.

Abaddon launches a black crusade, boom, explained in one sentance.

People on this board need to get out of the denial holes theve dug there heads into when it comes to teh factions, 2 factions was the only way it would ever be, because it makes the MOST sense for any kind of non minor story.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

A thread consisting entirely of completely wild speculation as to the game not being good because it is only 2 factions with absolutely no evidence, proof, or substinance to back it up on MMORPG.COM?!?!

I would never have guessed!

Horus Heresy is an awesome story in the 40k lore make no mistake, and I would give my first born child to experience that epic event in either movie or game format done correctly. But in no way shape or form would it make for a good mmo.