Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My only complaint

QUES!!!!!!!!!

Tried to log into "The Fatman" yesterday at 3:30pm Had to wait an hour with over 600 people in the que. Got booted off a few hours later only to put back in a que with 1300 people in front of me. Now I know its free time right now so thats ok. But they better find a remedy before the 20th. Other than ques, this game is almost flawless. Best launch Ive ever been a part of.

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

It will calm down. It s new and probably the biggest MMO launch in years and years to come. It s to be expected. I usually que up and go play with the dogs outside. My wife tells me when they re up and we can play :)

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

I disagree with this complaint... as there are plenty of options to choose that aren't full. You chose one of if not the most populated server to play on... it comes with the terrortory. You can't honestly have a beef with Bioware over something you choose to inflict on yourself.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200
    Dexter.....we chose that server the first day. I can't magically look into the future and see which servers are popular and which ones aren't.
    Learn to think before speaking.
  • eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I had some terrible queue times in my mmo past, its frustrating to say the least waiting there, looking at the number, waiting there, looking again...it just drags on and you feel like you could be doing something more usefull with your time. 

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Originally posted by Hamrtime

QUES!!!!!!!!!

Tried to log into "The Fatman" yesterday at 3:30pm Had to wait an hour with over 600 people in the que. Got booted off a few hours later only to put back in a que with 1300 people in front of me. Now I know its free time right now so thats ok. But they better find a remedy before the 20th. Other than ques, this game is almost flawless. Best launch Ive ever been a part of.

Rift experienced the same issues, it goes away after a week or so....

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

My only complaint was waiting on hold (telephone) for 8 hours to fix 1) an issue with my security key and 2) the inability to apply my Amazon CE reg code. When I finally got someone, they fixed the security key (thankfully) but dropped trhe call without allowing me to register the game code.

At least I can play...for  3 more days (+ 2 for grace period)

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

It's unforetunate that there are queues but the crux of the matter is that there's a balancing act needed in the early days of an MMO. If they don't have enough servers then we get long queues and if there are too many servers then there's less people about or we enter a period of problems that Warhammer Online faced with servers having to be merged.

I actually think pre-release starts are half of the problem, or I do as I'm sitting here thinking about it. When you have a large group of people starting before others then you will always have people joining later who want to play with friends on full servers. If everyone started at the same time then you might find servers even out better as whole groups of friends can pick and choose. If anything it's the demand for pre-releases that cause problems. One game started them and now they are expected...even though they might not always be the best idea...from my perspective.

Bioware have done their best to even out things this release, but we have to give them chance to let everyone in and then judge what they have done. It's a balancing act and it will always be hard to get it perfect.

If you and your friends have little time invested then you might consider switching servers. I know that's harsh but if you move to one of the less congested servers then you won't get the queues and it helps Bioware even things out. I know it's a hard choice, but it's an option and one you could come to be glad you made.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • ive82sykoive82syko Member Posts: 37

That's what you get for picking the most populated server.  I've been playing for days now and haven't run into a single que (except for forums).

BTW, the game is great. If you liked Bioware's previous games (Mass Effect , KoTR, Jade Empire, Dragon Age,Neverwinter Nights) This game will not disappoint you. Don't listen to all the haters out there who just troll. Go with your gut and give the game a shot.