Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What are you playing now and WHY?

13»

Comments

• ringdanyringdany New York, NYPosts: 122Member

i'm playing Realms Online also known as Regnum Online. It's a lot like DAOC without any crafting, much better movement animation and a strong focus on RvR. It's fun and simple and very engaging and international.

i lke the wars alot. they are very intense for a fantasy mmo.

• free2playfree2play Toronto, ONPosts: 1,868Member Uncommon

EVE - because when I'm not playing anything serious nobody else deserves my money.

Dragona - because it has bewbies and Tera isn't out yet. Castanic Girls make Lara Croft look like Laura Ingalls.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Dallas, TXPosts: 954Member Uncommon

I was playing a bunch of Skyrim lately, though lost motivation, and as much as I love UO I've kinda taken a break from that as well. Mostly it's just been Mount & Blade: Warband for me, though specifically the default client and not the CRPG (which I tried, and don't enjoy as much as the single player experience). I'd say the reason Warband has kept me playing through several characters is really all about the combat and strategy. Siege warfare, politics, factional territorial control, mixed with an RPG? Sold.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon

I'm playing, "Try not to get banned for trolling the forums"

It's a sandbox style game that puts your wit against others in a moderately fun style of PvP. The rewards aren't great, but what can you expect for F2P.

When I get bored of that I play some APB Reloaded, which has recently tripled (at least) it's active player base.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 SydneyPosts: 374Member Uncommon

I'm playing Wakfu on and off because its sumthing different from the ordinary, and and dungeon defeners, and Skyrim again hehe going for my 3rd 50 :) skipping on TOR it doesnt interest me

• AdamantineAdamantine NowherePosts: 3,514Member Common

Vanguard.

Because there is just no alternative to it. Not even at the most distant horizont. Nobody bothers to do a MMO like Vanguard again.

• clbembryclbembry blaine, MNPosts: 94Member

Currently playing WoW, but not very often. Why? You may ask, I NEED SOMETHING TO GET ME BY UNTIL GW2 IS OUT.

• WarmakerWarmaker San Diego, CAPosts: 2,231Member

For me, heavy doses of Dark Souls on the PS3 and on the PC, BF3 and Skyrim.  Very hard juggling between them, and time away from BF3 certainly shows when I regularly get ripped apart online without staying current with the competition.

As to why I play them?  Well, since we're on an MMORPG website, I think the MMORPG genre stinks as a whole and the scope, possibilities of gameplay, and social aspect of the genre has done a terrible Lawn Dart.

MMORPGs?  Sorry, I don' feel like playing a SPRPG that requires an online connection.  Because that's what the genre basically is now.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• LidaneLidane Austin, TXPosts: 2,300Member

Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Why? Because IMO, it's fun. As soon as it's no longer fun, I'll move on.

• PlutonasPlutonas AthensPosts: 32Member

WoW, Rift and Lineage2 all of them rule hard and loving doing new things on each game seperately... Star Wars also got me but not buing right now. I will let some time to pass by in order the game to be more stable and fixed.

What about Stacraft 2? Shall i get it? I did some first missions and i got hooked...!!! Shall i buy it?

• ZekiahZekiah Aurora, COPosts: 2,499Member

Skyrim and Path of Exile.

Why? Because they don't suck.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• TheSkimDotNetTheSkimDotNet Pittsburgh, INPosts: 274Member

I mainly play microsoft word and excel, every now and than I throw in a little rebelliousness with notepad. Mainly I go to these games to calculate my budget or to write up stuff and have it be spell checked so I only sound like half a tard. Oh, I played EVE for 4 hours but then my 4 hour extension ran out and I am now currently trying to convince them they owe me a reactivation deal since I played for 1 year and have been gone for 18 months. Yup, good times....ahhh word....

• wvmaxfangvwwvmaxfangvw Grawn, MIPosts: 22Member

Currently Playing:

League of Legends

CrossFire

World of Tanks

Atlantica Online

Age of Conan

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Basically LoL has become my main title with CrossFire and World of Tanks for the stress releif of putting a bullet in somebody's arse. The MMO's on the list are the F2Ps that are most appealing but each still lacking something to make it my main game.

Waiting for:

The Secret World; after this goes live League will fall to my patch day game, CF and WoT will maintane their spot in my roster and the F2P MMOs will probably see a few cameo appearances just to say hi and see if any guild mates wanna come play TSW with me lol

• HiromantHiromant JüriPosts: 87Member Uncommon

Diablo 2 because it never, ever gets old.

Titan Quest because it's quite fun with several friends as well.

Heroes VI as soon as the big 1.2 patch is released on the 20th.

Path of Exile beta as soon as they fix audio output over S/PDIF which may be months from now.

• AdamTMAdamTM Frankfurt Am MainPosts: 1,376Member

Afterfall Insanity, because I'm making a LetsPlay and the game is hillarious to make fun off.

• kostoslavkostoslav somborPosts: 459Member

WoW, LoL => friends

skyrim => I love it

europa universalis 3 => I can study while I play this one :)

• RedcorRedcor Austin, TXPosts: 426Member

Skyrim (3 different builds off and on....no rush)

New Vegas (just started, got it all modded up)

Age of Conan (for the last 3 years) love the lore and its improving with every update imo

Star Trek Online (for my space pvp fix) and they just added full Klingon pve so I might lvl a new toon

BF3 ( when the mood strikes)

going to grab Batman Arkem City this weekend I think

Waiting for Tera, GW2, TSW, and Diablo 3

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• RequiamerRequiamer ???Posts: 2,034Member

Originally posted by psyknx

Haven & Hearth.

Yes there are better looking games but the game is awesome.

Agree this game is a bomb, once you learned the basic and get used to the 2d it really is a great game.

I'm personally playing Skyrim, tryed free l2 but the lag is intense so left it aside.

Waiting for GW2.

I'll try uncharted water when i find time.

• AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,734Member Uncommon

A bunch of stuff. BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Arkham and a little LoL and Planeside and Defense Grid.  Playing a little Rift too.

Sorta waiting for the next MMORPG that's ultra-gameplay-focused, as WOW was.  So many games are so distracted by providing all the other features of a MMORPG that they forget that whatever activity you do the most in a game (often combat) needs to be incredibly polished to make that game fun.

"Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor londonPosts: 1,047Member

Rift - I was given a free month but will be play TOR early in the new year .

• sebandidosebandido chillan, OHPosts: 1Member

Im playing edragoon

EDragon, an online RPG game, takes you in a world of skills, might and magic.

Impersonate a Knight, an Assassin Halfling, an Elf, a Dwarfs or a Barbarian and guide your hero or heroine in a world of fantasy!

Accomplish quests, upgrade weapons, train your servant and pet, and level your skills in order to win challenges against PvP or NPC fights.

(Free gold and item for new player.)

Bye guys

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

RuneScape cuz of friends & mainly got trapped with long term sub.
    Great game for afk/busy/other comp players.

Still do some GW, but bored of same content & need GW2 for sure,

WoW for free till more content will be added. I like WoW but found Cata end game too fast and boring.

Waiting most for GW2, will try free Aion =P

not sure what else to pick up too

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• WolfenprideWolfenpride San''doria, WIPosts: 3,988Member

Lineage 2 - It's free, and i'm having fun with it so far.

City of Heroes - Probably what most of my time goes into as far as MMO's go, main reason I play it is it's a very group-friendly game. PUGS are common and abundant, which I like very much. Also it's free.

World of Tanks - Play it when I want to get my PvP fix. Free.

Skyrim - What i've spent most of my time playing since it came out.

• cyriciancyrician perthPosts: 161Member Uncommon
    Hello all

Skyrim ( Cause there is nothing on thebplannet better)
    Ddonline. Cause it's really fun and 99$ a year u can't go wrong
    Eve online ( My background screen saver of choice)

Rift ( Keeping my auction hall open and stocked that's all)

Tribes asended really nice beta

Waiting on gw2 ,,!,,,,!,,

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

13»