Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Meet the Human

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's WildStar Week here at MMORPG.com, and we've partnered with Carbine Studios and NCsoft to bring you a week of exclusive articles and interviews with the characters of WildStar itself. Today we are treated to an interview with the human named Buck. Read on and enjoy!

MMORPG.com: Fair enough. Let’s talk about you. Where exactly are you from?

A: Well, us humans from the Fleet ain’t really from anywhere. We been wanderin’ out in the Fringe for a long time, lookin’ for a place to set down roots.

Read more of our exclusive interview, WildStar: Meet the Human.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Says I don't have permission to veiw that photo. The one that the human gives a link to. http://bit.ly/vtrbRi

Smile

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

MMORPG.com: Interesting. Let’s move on. Here’s a hypothetical situation: you’re sitting in a bar, and an intergalactic bounty hunter has a gun aimed at your heart. Would you shoot first?

Buck: Do I really need to answer that question?

MMORPG.com: I suppose not.

Touche.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Nice Star Wars reference there. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

Are there only 3 races or only 3 so far?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I believe only three so far, Ubermeh. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• GameOvrGameOvr Member Posts: 55

Shiny!

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

MMORPG.com: So you don’t have a homeworld?

Buck: Well, technically we come from planet Cassus. But it’s been a long, long time since we left. Seeing how things turned out there, I think we got the better end of the deal.

MMORPG.com: Cassus. Wait! Isn’t that the Dominion homeworld?

Buck: [Puts hand on gun] I don’t recommend you say that again.

This interests me greatly.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• ZalonzaZalonza Member Posts: 17

wildstar look very interesting and three races are enough for me

i am gonna play  aurin

• adora111adora111 Member Posts: 1

Buck: "... my two associates got themselves into a heap of trouble, and then I stepped in and saved their bacon."

My roleplaying reaction: *scoffs* Typical humans...

=D

I would like to play Liara's class and I very much like to read the interview with her!

• MadragonMadragon Member UncommonPosts: 42

Wow...this game sounds interesting...

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

if this has whetted your appetite, the you might want to head over to WildStar Central - as mentioned on the official WildStar Blog, we're having a little compeition with some official swag to be won!

Details can be found here.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• Mariner-80Mariner-80 Member Posts: 347

Another entertaining interview. I'm liking this game more and more.

Is anyone else getting a Firefly/Malcolm Reynolds vibe here from Buck? It's very refreshing. This is not a Firefly MMO, of course, but it's looking like it might be the next best thing. :)

• MuffloMufflo Member Posts: 30

How are you able to say that you start to like the game from a few interviews on stereotypical characters? 

Though I like the SW ref, these interviews gravely lack info. There's a lot to be interpreted between the lines, but I don't believe anything before they show it off in a grand way. Now it's just giving a taste of the possibilities, because that's all they can do this early in development.

Though, I like the way it swings towards Firefly, with the individual personalities in a small group. I'm hoping the game is going to cling around small groups and focused teamwork is heavily rewarded.

The sylvari ordered Rice n chicken in a bar. The waiter asked him: "exploded or intact?" He angrily answered: "Intact of course! Do you take me for a fool?"

Those were his last words.

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208

Pretty sure the other faction will have 3 other races, they just havent been added yet.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

This game looks like a mix of WoW and a Disney or DreamWorks movie, graphics and animation wise anyway..

not sure if im into that much

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

so ... wait: are the classes race bound? if so i don't mind but i hope there is some cross over available. for instance - why would there be no Scientist humans?

i say that because of this quote: "Like Sarge and Liara's interviews, Buck gives us an idea of where the Exile Humans in WildStar are from and why they're heading to Nexus, as well as giving us some insight into the mind of an Explorer to go with Sarge's Soldier and Liara's Scientist paths. Now all we need is a fourth race to be announced for all the Settlers out there."

from here: http://www.wildstarsource.com/

as for another race, there is yet to be another one announced, it will be the Settler race/class.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

btw, i love the posting edit option! 3 cheers for your webdev team.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

Originally posted by chelan

so ... wait: are the classes race bound? if so i don't mind but i hope there is some cross over available. for instance - why would there be no Scientist humans?

Don't panic! See this post from WildStar Central and relax!

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)