Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do when not mmoing?

2»

Comments

• AnanamooseAnanamoose Member Posts: 118

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Originally posted by eccoton

Originally posted by Sovrath

I compose music, write, dabble in art, take classes for my own enjoyment, hang with friends a lot, do some "other" types of gaming, play the classical guitar and Harp,

Got to plays, concerts, etc.

A bti of this and that.

A lot of none gamers say gaming dumbs you down. However, I find a lot of gamers are very creative and purse the arts. I wonder why that is?

I loved the arts too.

Me three. I'm a huge museum/aquarium/art gallery junky :) And being a student gets me into a lot of them at a discount or free which is awesome! Just last week they were having a special at the aquarium near my school where all students of my school got in free. I went there and spent like 4 hours walking around and looking at everything. Then I walked around the area where the aquarium was since it's pretty historic. I've also dabbled in art myself..like jewelry making and knitting (some would not consider those arts, but I disagree) as well as actual drawing and painting, but I haven't done those in quite a long time. Oh I've also done ceramics as well. I love sculpting. So yeah, I have a great appreciation of art and I do consider some video games to be a form of art.

Do you want some cheese with that whine? :)

• AnanamooseAnanamoose Member Posts: 118

As for what I do when I'm not mmo'ing, well I'm a student so usually homework.

I also watch a little TV, but most of the time, I'm on the internet looking at mmo sites or writing in my blogs or doing some social networking. 

When I'm not on the internet (which is super rare for me), I like to go to museums and stuff like I mentioned above or hang out with my boyfriend or do a mutlitude of other things. I'm pretty diverse in what I like and I'm also ADHD so it changes constantly lol. It keeps life interesting :)

I'm also pretty flexible so I'm usually up for anything. 

Do you want some cheese with that whine? :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I have plenty of hobbies, but right now am I mostly playing Pathfinder (P&P RPG) with some friends.

I can admit that I don't have been doing much outdoor stuff lately though, I used to play a lot of airsoft and done some old time fencing (not the wussy kind but with swords) but for some reasons that didn't happened this summer, and now it is too cold. I didn't even spend some days looking for gold in the woods of Scandinavia as I love to do. :(

I read a lot of things too, a lot of historical stuff.

And I play plenty of boardgames and tabletops, my favorite tabletop is Blue max, a WW1 aircraft tabletop which is really fun.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by eccoton

Originally posted by Sovrath

I compose music, write, dabble in art, take classes for my own enjoyment, hang with friends a lot, do some "other" types of gaming, play the classical guitar and Harp,

Got to plays, concerts, etc.

A bti of this and that.

A lot of none gamers say gaming dumbs you down. However, I find a lot of gamers are very creative and purse the arts. I wonder why that is?

maybe it has something to do with not being tied down to very conventional thought? The idea that gamers can embrace different "worlds" or different platforms for their entertainment.

There could be something about the art design and just plain game design that is attractive.

or not... just shootin' from the hip.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

I live my life and make decent living.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• Drama24-7Drama24-7 Member Posts: 36

I log in here and tell you what to think.

Not many seem to be obeying me, though.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I play "Forum Warrior"

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

School work, mostly; 3d modeling, texturing and animation. Am currently teaching myself digital sculpting/normal mapping and am going to take a look at rigging since, sadly, my school doesn't really cover it that much v-v

Other than that I'm usually just listening to music and sketching in photoshop with my Wacom.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

For work I am a defense attorney doing mainly DUI defense but also domestic violence, marijuana, driving while suspended and other misdemeanors. 

In my free time I enjoy tabletop gaming including Warhammer 40k, building and painting models and terrain.  I also enjoy drinking, smoking, and watching good tv shows and movies. 

I like the idea of MMORPGs but usually am not playing any because I prefer difficult games with harsh death penalties and PKing in an open world setting.  However, I do not like grinding or doing quests.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• elistrangeelistrange Member Posts: 157

I write and read, I have an XboX...and do Warhammer Fantasy Minatures!

Currently Play: ?
    Occasionally Play: Champions, Pirates of the Burning Sea, WOW, EVE ONLINE

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Eating, Sleeping or watching movies :P

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

1. Play single player games

2. Write Stories

3. Read Stories (new) haven't read novels in a long time, used to read them a lot as a kid, but as a teen I just did it for school. So, early college I didn't read any Novels at all.

4. Read books about Animals, History, Cultures, Space, Arms and Armor.

5. Origami

6. Creating and Painting Models

7. Creating stuffed animals

8. Collecting Toys

9. Draw

10. Make my own games (board,card and video)

11. Listen, play and write Music and Songs.

12. Daydream

13. Hang out with friends

14. Eat

15. Sleep

16. Job :'(

17. School. :'(

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Work, eat, sleep, write, consume chemicals.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• FC-FamineFC-Famine Funcom Community ManagerMember UncommonPosts: 278

I play MUD's when not playing MMO's or I play other genre of games that rock in my opinion like Street Fighter (toss me a PM if you want to play on XBOX Live).

Outside of games, I'm pretty country having lived in North Carolina (Funcom US Offices) all my live, minus a short stop in Oslo, Norway. Thus, I love to fish during my summer days at the lake where I have a boat and Jet Ski's.

Glen ''Famine'' Swan
    Senior Assistant Community Manager - Funcom

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

I only play video games maybe 3-4 hours during the weekdays now since i have work. Most of the time i'm hanging out with friends, at boxing or with my gf. 

Although not MMO, while i was in college my roommates use to call me a "NERD" for always playing halo and COD, even though my roommates played more than me!