Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow so this is it?

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Even thouhg i´m playing SWTOR due to my boreness (and i enjoy it)

I can understand the dissapointment.

Bioware could have done A LOT better on this game!

Specially on the year 2011 after 7 years of development and so many millions dollars expent on it.

a shame....

• aguill2aguill2 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by hikaru77

Originally posted by metalguy23

Went over to my friends house to play STar Wars TOR (he's sorely dissapointed in it) and I have to say WTF? Plain and simple wow is this game boring. I'm sorry but the engine is terrible (he has an I7 extreme, 8 gigs of ram, GTX580) it runs like molasses and no AA in the engine lol hello its 2011 Bioware. Wow big let down I thank my friend for saving me $60 plus $15 per month thanks man. Shame oh well. 

The best thing about this is that swtor is already an huge success and it will be like than for many many, many years.  And just a vocal minory keep complaining about the ¨graphics¨ in a MMO. in some point is just funny how hard the gw2 fans and hater are working hard to qq about swtor, but they arguments fail miserably.  

Please don't generalize GW2 fans. SWTOR really isn't hurting my excitement for GW2 one bit and I harbor no ill-will toward the game, because I haven't personally had the chance to play it yet. If you're playing the game or excited for the game, why get so butt hurt over someone being whiney?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Supersoups

Originally posted by aguill2

Originally posted by PKJackCrow

my orginaly point stands though, if a greater percentage of the players are people who are going to min/max raid and move on like locusts, then your just not going to see the retention rates that will keep this game alive.

This may or may not be the case, depending on how the devs handle content additions.

If they keep up with the majority and release new content regularly, I can see this game lasting a pretty long time. If they fail to do so, we may have another AoC on our hands.

AOC pretty much had next to no content once out of Tortage. There were huge gaps between levels and players had to grind mobs to level up. Not to mention the amount of bugs and crashes which really tested limits of players on top of that all lies Funcom kept feeding player base like seiges, bar fights and what not. The features that were printed on back of the box never made into the game.

So no i don't see how SWTOR is goign to be another AOC.

That's really key, when a game can hit the ground running, it makes a huge difference. LOTRO, AION and Rift show this, when compared to AOC, WAR and Vanguard. All of the former games were able to introduce steady streams of additions early on. Because they weren't left back-tracking as the latter were.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by PKJackCrow

This may or may not be the case, depending on how the devs handle content additions.

If they keep up with the majority and release new content regularly, I can see this game lasting a pretty long time. If they fail to do so, we may have another AoC on our hands.

AOC pretty much had next to no content once out of Tortage. There were huge gaps between levels and players had to grind mobs to level up. Not to mention the amount of bugs and crashes which really tested limits of players on top of that all lies Funcom kept feeding player base like seiges, bar fights and what not. The features that were printed on back of the box never made into the game.

So no i don't see how SWTOR is goign to be another AOC.

I hope it's not, because I really don't want to see a bunch of crying going on.

• PKJackCrowPKJackCrow Member Posts: 231

I do agree on this point but im afraid that if your dont see new content by month 3 or 4 that it will end up liek everything else

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Went over to my friends house to play STar Wars TOR (he's sorely dissapointed in it) and I have to say WTF? Plain and simple wow is this game boring. I'm sorry but the engine is terrible (he has an I7 extreme, 8 gigs of ram, GTX580) it runs like molasses and no AA in the engine lol hello its 2011 Bioware. Wow big let down I thank my friend for saving me $60 plus $15 per month thanks man. Shame oh well. 

OP are you suffering from some kind of memory loss?  post history is such an awesome tool.

LOL played three beta's and cracked up uninstalled will never look back, have fun hitting spacebar the whole "we have story and voiceovers" will get old fast. Now Guld Wars 2 does it better more engaging and well wait until you play it all I can say. It's amazing what arenanet has done, very exciting and cannot wait for release day. I played it not too long ago at a convention amazing, Star Wars TOR = snorefest. Bye WOW bye bye Star Wars TOR bye bye anything, hello Guild Wars 2. You will understand when you do your first dynamic event its pretty freakin incredible and game changing, everything is innovative. This game is just a borefest, I wanted KOTOR 3 and EA pushed them to do this crap, what a waste of resources. 

Well done, agent Supersoups.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Originally posted by ktanner3

OP are you suffering from some kind of memory loss?  post history is such an awesome tool.

LOL played three beta's and cracked up uninstalled will never look back, have fun hitting spacebar the whole "we have story and voiceovers" will get old fast. Now Guld Wars 2 does it better more engaging and well wait until you play it all I can say. It's amazing what arenanet has done, very exciting and cannot wait for release day. I played it not too long ago at a convention amazing, Star Wars TOR = snorefest. Bye WOW bye bye Star Wars TOR bye bye anything, hello Guild Wars 2. You will understand when you do your first dynamic event its pretty freakin incredible and game changing, everything is innovative. This game is just a borefest, I wanted KOTOR 3 and EA pushed them to do this crap, what a waste of resources. 

I honestly think this Supersoups guy has some issues. In the OP's defense, what relevance does his previous post hold? He played in beta and didn't like it. Okay, we got that part. It finally releases, his friend buys the game, and he tries it again, but still doesn't like it. I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with memory loss.

That is quite a spin you got going there. He played the beta, thought it was a snorefest and promised never to look back. Yet his friend "saved" him from buying the game? Does this really have to be spelled out for you?

Why are you trying so hard to discredit the supposed "haters"?

Because if you're going to spend every waking moment bashing a game, at least be consistent. If you can't see a problem with the inconsistency of the two posts then I don't know what to tell you.

Well, you're just making some negative assumptions. Also, saying someone "saved" you from buying a game doesn't equate to saying, "I was totally going to buy this game, even though I was sorely displeased with the beta, but since my friend bought it first and has a negative opinion while I can't hold an opinion of my own, I think I won't buy it now."

The two posts aren't inconsistent at all. They're both negative posts about SWTOR.

Oh, and if you'd like the definition of consistent;

1. (of a person, behavior, or process) Unchanging in achievement or effect over a period of time.

Oh please, spare us the BS and don't act like you're the only one being intelligent here. The guy is a known hater, on SWTOR.com as well. Apparently he forgot that there is a post history function on these boards. The good think is that we won't see him on the official forums any more. 

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Sorry but when my char is running he looks odd, also I want to see my char kick up a bit of sand when he runs and make footprints, you know that Wow has this and so does Guild Wars. There's just no interaction with the world in any way its pretty bland, also the cities everyone looks like a statue just standing there put some life into it. I dont know its just a let down. I'm glad some people are enjoying it but I will not be bothering with here's to Guild Wars 2 bring it on!

Im not very excited as well about the animation and the running and all the let downs of the game but i will play it for a while to see what this game has to offer.

On the othrer hand Gw2 looks  sexy.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Im gonna go ahead and call bullshit on the game running poorly...at least as a general rule it's bullshit. I own a 3 year old computer that I made myself, the graphics card is old (nvidea 9800 gt) and I have 4 gigs of ddr2 and a 2.7 4core processor...the game runs perfectly smooth on high settings. I think you are just one of those people who was going to be disappointed in the game if it wasn't your perfect combination of swg and kotor. Instead you got kotor online and you're pissed...ill therefore write you off as yet another angry swg fanboy or "vet"(I hate that you cann yourselves that, I played the game as well and would never call myself a veteran, you act like soe pyt you throug something...you were free to quit at any time.

Anyway...my point is this:the game runs fine on my system and everyone's system that I've talked to...this is the first complaint I've heard and youre ready to write bioware off as a failure? That's stupid.

I just don't understand why guildwars. Fanboys hate swtor so specifically and vehemently...don't you guys have better stuff to do?

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Yeah the game doesn't run poorly.  We all know this is a troll thread, let's let it die ;).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by DarnRight

What a bunch of liars and trolls. None of what's said negatively is close to true. MMORPG just shows its typical userbase.

And some of you should be here. Skyrim is not a MMO. ROFL....

Opinions can't really be true or false. Negative opinions are, well, negative opinions. MMORPG's hardcore-fan-boy to hater ratio is about equal.

Even though Skyrim's not a MMO, it's definitely something current MMO's should aspire to resemble.

*Edited for grammar fail.

Skyrim does not use servers and have isses accordingly. You need to learn something about client/server enviorments.

Originally posted by Shodanas

Oh please, spare us the BS and don't act like you're the only one being intelligent here. The guy is a known hater, on SWTOR.com as well. Apparently he forgot that there is a post history function on these boards. The good think is that we won't see him on the official forums any more. 

I can't see how his previous post negates his recent one unless I make a bunch of negative assumptions. Making assumptions and using them as fact isn't something an intelligent person does.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

To the OP: You need to understand that graphics aren't everything in a MMORPG, at least to the developers. They're more interested in keeping the graphics adaptable to a wide variety of people, rather than just those with high-end computers.

Red text is the assumption I think is very wrong.

Why is it wrong?

Because, MMOs aren't a massive branch in gaming industry. FPS and SRPG games beat MMOs hands down when it comes to number of players and boxes bought. Only anomality to this is WoW and it's speculative if they have had the number of real players (sweatshops and goldsellers aren real players) they say they have.

MMO-developers are the only one that think they can get away with the above red text phrase, no other. If Skyrim or BF3 had been released without modern graphics, the devs would've been crusified.

I've thought that graphics aren't the thing that matters in games and MMOs, but lately I've been accepting the fact that times have changed and a good game needs modern graphics to be interesting. The bar has raised from medieval times.

What a bunch of liars and trolls. None of what's said negatively is close to true. MMORPG just shows its typical userbase.

And some of you should be here. Skyrim is not a MMO. ROFL....

Opinions can't really be true or false. Negative opinions are, well, negative opinions. MMORPG's hardcore-fan-boy to hater ratio is about equal.

Even though Skyrim's not a MMO, it's definitely something current MMO's should aspire to resemble.

*Edited for grammar fail.

Skyrim does not use servers and have isses accordingly. You need to learn something about client/server enviorments.

Lol? When did I say Skyrim resembled MMOs or had servers?

Please learn to read through someone's post before bashing it.

• PKJackCrowPKJackCrow Member Posts: 231

sure put up the busted sign when its not true kinda like throwing up the mission accomplished sign george bush style

Originally posted by Pelaaja

To the OP: You need to understand that graphics aren't everything in a MMORPG, at least to the developers. They're more interested in keeping the graphics adaptable to a wide variety of people, rather than just those with high-end computers.

Why is it wrong?

Because, MMOs aren't a massive branch in gaming industry. FPS and SRPG games beat MMOs hands down when it comes to number of players and boxes bought. Only anomality to this is WoW and it's speculative if they have had the number of real players (sweatshops and goldsellers aren real players) they say they have.

MMO-developers are the only one that think they can get away with the above red text phrase, no other. If Skyrim or BF3 had been released without modern graphics, the devs would've been crusified.

I've thought that graphics aren't the thing that matters in games and MMOs, but lately I've been accepting the fact that times have changed and a good game needs modern graphics to be interesting. The bar has raised from medieval times.

You seem to share my assumption, then, since I was clearly talking about MMORPGs and not the others you had mentioned. Also, not only do MMO-developers think they can get away with it, they do.

And can you explain to me why it matters if MMOs are a massive branch in the gaming industry or not?

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Having played the Beta I have to agree. I sill preordered though. Let's see how it goes...

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437

Your friends PC is apparently broken.

Why is it wrong?

You seem to share my assumption, then, since I was clearly talking about MMORPGs and not the others you had mentioned. Also, not only do MMO-developers think they can get away with it, they do.

And can you explain to me why it matters if MMOs are a massive branch in the gaming industry or not?

Yes, wide variety of people you said.

MMOs aren't for wide variety of people, they have a certain audience that is ready to shell out what ever it takes to be among the next big thing.

EDIT: Just read what I posted and felt like it needs more...

If MMOs really were a massive brance in gaming industry it would be right for them to go low on requirements. They just aren't and main branches (SRPG and FPS) dare to take it to the extreme when it comes to requirements, I think MMO devs are just underachieving.

Why is it wrong?

MMOs aren't for wide variety of people, they have a certain audience that is ready to shell out what ever it takes to be among the next big thing.

If MMOs really were a massive brance in gaming industry it would be right for them to go low on requirements. They just aren't and main branches (SRPG and FPS) dare to take it to the extreme when it comes to requirements, I think MMO devs are just underachieving.

I get where you're coming from now; you've misunderstood what I was trying to say.

The "wide variety of people" should have been worded better, but I meant that they catered to people who couldn't afford a high-end system or didn't have any need to since they didn't do much hardcore PC gaming. This allows for a bigger subscriber base.

They aren't underachieving at all, they're just marketing it to as many people as they can without requiring someone to dump a few hundred bucks on hardware upgrades.

Why is it wrong?

I get where you're coming from now; you've misunderstood what I was trying to say.

The "wide variety of people" should have been worded better, but I meant that they catered to people who couldn't afford a high-end system or didn't have any need to since they didn't do much hardcore PC gaming. This allows for a bigger subscriber base.

They aren't underachieving at all, they're just marketing it to as many people as they can without requiring someone to dump a few hundred bucks on hardware upgrades.

Ok, consensus reached here.

I said they're underachieving because I didn't want to think they're after the money of the poor.

Everything was talking against it to me:

1. it costs more than non-subscription games (BF3 cost about 36€) to buy

2. It has monthly fee that is more or equal to other P2P games

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by wowfan1996

How come it surprised you so much? Everything on SW:TOR screenshots always looked like plastic crap.

I swear this guy posts on every SWTOR thread. We get it ok. you don't like the game thats cool.

On the flip a bit of advice for you... when you have a companies sack in your mouth as deep as you have blizzards in yours, keep the drool to yourself..no one else want's it.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by sgel

sorry couldn't resist ;)

You do realize the op was just shown to be less than truthful right?

Everything he said was true even if he is a guild wars fanboi. im no fan of guild wars but i agree with what he said.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by 69Cuda
    On the flip a bit of advice for you...

Gotta love how fanboys always resort to personal insults when they have no arguments whatsoever.

/yawn

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

This discussion has been closed.