Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lack of group content and MMO features.

I've heard a lot of people complain that this game lacks group content or it isn't an MMO.  I have to ask, are we playing the same game? I really don't understand this complaint, because I have grouped more in this game than I have in any MMO I've played.  For instance, today I spent about an hour doing heroic quests with a random group of people.  Speaking of heroics, I think they are much better done than the group quests in other MMOs I've played before. They almost feel like mini dungeons.  So why are people complaning about lack of group content?

Comments

• gotcha89gotcha89 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Well like you said. The heroic quest are very nice. I joined a nice guild and play heroic missions a lot with them. Most of the time i also help people that ask.

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Game doesn't lack grouping but it also doesn't force players into it. However, there are plenty of incentive to group like bonus xp, social points, better loot. Heroic zones, heroic quests, bonus group quests, flaspoint, operations, FFA pvp zone, planet illum..so yeah plenty of stuff to do in groups.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I have to agree that this game is incredibly group friendly and just fun with others. This is also the most Duo friendly MMO I have ever played so far. Since the game is setup to have you + companion for majority of the solo content, it is easy just to go with a friend with no companions and duo all that stuff with out trivializing anything. Additionally Duo's can form full groups with companions and making it even more accessible.

Aside from Duo's, I've just had a blast running around in a full group doing heroics and flashpoints as well. 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

It’s an assumption that people had (including me) due to Bioware only making single player rpgs until now, with minds made up, haters played the beta, going out of their way to solo, and then complain on forums. Those who gave the game a chance know better, that is all that matters.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

One reason, because this forum is full of sorry ass loser haters who are so jealous because there fan game isn't getting this much attention.

Group content is enough and you aren't forced to do it. Those haters seems to think that forcing people to group is good thing in MMO. Thank god Bioware for bringing freedom to play MMO like I want and not like those loser haters think.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Yes. You can group. However, there is no need to unless you just want to play withy our friends. The game is TOO EASY.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by precious328

Yes. You can group. However, there is no need to unless you just want to play withy our friends. The game is TOO EASY.

Got some videos of yourself soloing bosses and elites, which are there from the starter panets on?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Video or it didn't happen..i mean where you are soloing heroics quests at appropriate level, soloing open heroic zones, killing champions and elite bosses, solo kills in FFA zone.

Would love to see how you do it.... i know you got nothing to back up too easy claim but worth a try.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

What mmos have they and you  played in the last ten years, thats maybe interesting to know to see  where they comming from.

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

Not sure where a need to play thru harder content has anythign to do with hwo hard a game is, as even the hardest games played on easy settings are esay if you so choose to play as such. If the game has hard/group content weither you have to or not do it then the game is not easy in the least, but your own playstyle is easy as it is your choice to elect for the easy route. So then look at all the peopel complaining on the forums about no group or hard content that could solo up to max, well they are just boring and carebears since they did not taake the hard road.  How abotu this if you want it harder then get off you arse and play the harder content and not bs around on story or easy missions, before complaining that it is too easy. Better yet disconnect your comp, and then stop playing we do not need you carebear-like attempt at making a game seem like it has no difficulty depth to it.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by white_wolf22

I've heard a lot of people complain that this game lacks group content or it isn't an MMO.  I have to ask, are we playing the same game? I really don't understand this complaint, because I have grouped more in this game than I have in any MMO I've played.  For instance, today I spent about an hour doing heroic quests with a random group of people.  Speaking of heroics, I think they are much better done than the group quests in other MMOs I've played before. They almost feel like mini dungeons.  So why are people complaning about lack of group content?

I have never heard anyone say it doesnt have group content, but TOR doesn't have enough massively multiplayer content and features to make it a mmorpg; its' emphasis is that of a a solo rpg / cooperative online rpg, not a massively multiplayer game.  That I've heard.

The only feature today is being able to host 100's of players simultaneously on a server cluster as those players complete single-player quests while shouting in chat "lfg for a 4-player instance"; having 95% of conent that is single-player and cooperative play doesn't make for massively-multiplayer; a term coined by Richard Garriott, the creator of Ultima Online in 1997.  And a term that has been dumbed-down since then by other publishers to gain more attention for their deceptively simple single-player / multi-user / corpg game-play products.

As with other developers with misleadingly promoted supposed mmo's, and written about by the less intellectualy honest, Bioware’s interpretation of massively-multiplayer is not about community-centric and community encouraged and reliant large-scale engaging, interactive, cooperative and competitive organic game-play, it is not about the massively-multipler factional struggle of the Empire Community vs the Republic Community with features that encourage community incentivised cooperative game-play, but about being in a way-station lobby with our avatars “looking” for another 3 players to play along-side with for a 4-person instanced flashpoint against artificial intelligence.

Bioware hasn't demonstrated keystone massively-multiplayer elements, unless it is mingling in a lobby with 50 other players or placing a crafted item on a auction house that is undermined by single-player PvE drops.  It isnt world pvp either, aside from giving one the impression that their worldly factional conflict is WoW’s instanced Wintergrap 2.0.

So, after playing your CORPG Flashpoint or Heroic once or twice, with 4 players vs AI, listening to the story the first time through, the following runs immediately become a generic instanced dungeon that one is expected to find entertaining over and over and over and over again?  No replay value there for many, that I've also heard.

So yea, where is the massively-multiplayer in this game, is the concern I've heard voiced most.  Not that it lacks redundantly played and shoe-box instanced group content of 4 players versus predictable AI.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

I have never heard anyone say it doesnt have group content,

Uhmm wouldn't saying there's no reason to group imply there's no group content? Maybe I'm just being weird again. But doesn't group content give a reason to group?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

People say that because the main selling point of ToR is bringing single player story driven experience to mmo and it's mmo feature are basic at best.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    SWTOR's "mmo features" are basically the same ones we have seen in......other mmos. I find it hilarious that the same people who make this rediculous claim are the ones claiming that SWTOR is a clone of.....another mmo.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Sure, I had a hard time just getting my companion :P. I died twice trying to defeat him, though it's just because I forgot to bring any med kits. The heroic content cannot be solo'd unless your a much higher level even on the starter planet.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• AshlindeAshlinde Member Posts: 120

you have neither played the game or even heard of the heroic portions of zones.... clearly.

try doing a heroic quest line/going into a heroic zone alone.... see how much you get done.

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by white_wolf22

I sure had no problems with groups either. I do know you can't do flashpoints solo unless of course the quests are gray by the time you try and solo them.