Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers down for maintenance

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

NEED HELP ........ SOMEONE MUST STOP ............. DALLAS DICKINSON YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

lol and I wanted to hit 27 tonight.  Guess that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Heh, people in-game on EU servers were like "wuuuuuut?". Lots of the didn't seem to sleep tonight...

Anyways, it's two hours, right?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

xD - I just hit 27 - well I guess it was pretty well timed as I have to leave for work in 15 minutes :p...

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

4 hours last I saw before the forums went down.

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

How long are the servers gonna be down for?

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Maintenance Window #1:

Date: Early hours of Friday, December 16th (CST)

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

Maintenance Window #2:

Date: Evening of December 19th (CST)

Time: 6PM CST (4PM PST/7PM EST/12AM GMT/1AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to complete before 11PM CST, and will mark the end of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Maintenance Window #3:

Date: Early hours of December 22nd (CST)

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than three hours, but could be extended.

That's all I got.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Love how they said, servers going down for maintenance, check forums for update and their main website is down for maintenance as well.

Yeah kinda crazy doing both at once.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Almost level 23 too... Funny thing is I'm still on balmorra. Was flirting with the evil sith chick in the assassins main storyline. Now that I have a break to post, I will say. I love how at least 40% of your time questing is going into dungeons, even if solo, it feels like a quality made mini-raid.

In short, there are LOTS of dungeons, and you either just go in with the public, or you seamlessly phase in with no load screen.

They will indeed be down for 4 hours.. atleast it says so if you log onto the launcher and read the maintenance news there :)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I was just getting into it, curse you bioware. Anyone got any ideas for the next 4 hrs?

Hopefully they will be fixing a few more of those bugs, Sateel is still 3 inches sometimes.

Originally posted by zevni78

I was just getting into it, curse you bioware. Anyone got any ideas for the next 4 hrs?

Play Dungeon Defenders xD

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

4 hours. darn. I just woke up to get rolling. No forums either so maybe I'll try to go back to sleep. sigh.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

Earlier... it definitely said 'may take as long as 2 hours.'  Don't know if anything changed or they are just hedging their bets :)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Maggon

They will indeed be down for 4 hours.. atleast it says so if you log onto the launcher and read the maintenance news there :)

4 hours?

Even a time lord would feel pissed on!

Still at least the game is good enough that players want to come back, imagine if it were Earthrise and the servers crashed? The first thing I thought was "This game has improved already ..... oh no that's internet explorer! Silly me!".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• brutality123brutality123 Member Posts: 125

Welcome to my world.  After playing beta weekends and having to wait I can tell you there is nothing else to do but to wait and scour the forums..  Plan your toons..  look up how crafting works and prepare for the hour the servers come back up again

• brutality123brutality123 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Agricola1

4 hours?

Still at least the game is good enough that players want to come back, imagine if it were Earthrise and the servers crashed? The first thing I thought was "This game has improved already ..... oh no that's internet explorer! Silly me!".

At least Gary Whiting is not behind this wait eh agri.. :)

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130

Haha, well goodnight all.

I'll dream about finding more potted plant goo!!

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

I need sleep anyways... I was starting to get delusional. 8D

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

Originally posted by brutality123

4 hours?

At least Gary Whiting is not behind this wait eh agri.. :)

If he were then the game wouldn't have been launched and BW would be offering pyramid schemes whilst the staff went unpaid for 9 months!

CS Lewis

• TrixxellTrixxell Member UncommonPosts: 17

Servers + Forums down at the same time...... Always a bad thing to do for a MMO.

Great! game so far but Bioware seems to keep missing the little things that are standards in MMO's.. Like Forums should never never be down same time as servers, no /roll or /random in-game for settling loot after killing the world boss today... etc.. etc.. the little things that are in MMO's that aren't in single player games it what they seem to be dropping the ball on.

/rant off

4 hours?

That is one amazing GIF !  o/

And lol yes - would be rather sad if players wouldn't want to come back, though not that it would make much of a difference for me at my current situation as there's usally only around 4-15 players on the planet im on when playing - I guess most are still on coruscant heh :)

And lol yes - would be rather sad if players wouldn't want to come back, though not that it would make much of a difference for me at my current situation as there's usally only around 4-15 players on the planet im on when playing - I guess most are still on coruscant heh :)

Are you sure that isn't due to instancing? I've been on planets that seem to have low pop but whenever I need a group it's a simple task to group up and hop over to another instance.

CS Lewis

Are you sure that isn't due to instancing? I've been on planets that seem to have low pop but whenever I need a group it's a simple task to group up and hop over to another instance.

I am quite positive yes. There's no extra instances that you can join or anything so :/... I'm playing on an RP-PVP server at the moment, not sure what the population actually is like at all on it.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Wonder if I'll wake up in 4 hours if I take a nap... =)

I've been up since 7AM EST (19 hours)  If I nap now...I"m done for 10 :(!

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Love how they said, servers going down for maintenance, check forums for update and their main website is down for maintenance as well.

Probably did that to kill off some of the demand their servers would have to endure as tens of thousands of people imediately rushed straight to their mainsite.

Edit: I'm using this maintainence as an excuse to bite my tongue and get some extra sleep, allowing you inferior players who are within the mainstream leveling curve to... Pass me...

ARHGHGHGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOODNIGHT