Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One week of pre-orders left dry- NOT cool

AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

So the big shots in bioware decided to close off the EA invites for today with just one week left.

Like seriously?

This entire "staggering"early access was a mess from the start making people wait like idiots on a possiblity of a invitation mail instead of making an estimatad schedule of the access dates.

Leaving the smallest group out at the end of the day after all this wait is just not cool, not cool at all.

I really hope you get some seriously bad press for this.

Comments

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

It's EA, hardly any "good" press follows them around.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Why should they suffer when they are meeting the terms of the agreement 100%.

In fact they are doing better than most had predicted, at this rate everyone will get 4 days Early access, meaning that they kept their end of the agreement.

You do realize they do the waves by the "Number of people" that ordered not by any "Date" that you pre ordered. 

You must wait one more day.

Clearly this is the end of the world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PtuxRLvmc   Apt

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

It'll probably end up ok and blow over by the 20th and everyone will live happily ever after. 5 days isn't a big deal if you have just a smidge of patience really.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    First come, First serve...pretty fair if you ask me. Preorders started July 21st. Please stop these post of whining and crying!
  • AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

And they found about the preorder numbers just 3 days ago?

The point made is knowing or at least estimating the mumber of people per wave it was quite logical to make an estimated timeline of the dates they  were letting in.

But apparently they opted for covering their asses 100% 

the bare minimum amount of communication with their playerbase just proves that.

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

Originally posted by Gaborik

First come, First serve...pretty fair if you ask me. Preorders started July 21st. Please stop these post of whining and crying!

Actually no, a lot of people didnt get their ea codes from the shops they ordered the game till well into november/december. Zaavi being one of those shops.

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Are people still crying about this? Grow up man and be patient. I've never seen so many peopel whining abotu having to wait an extra day or so to play a game, pathetic really.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

whitewine.com

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40

I pre-ordered Dec 3 and I received my email today

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Oh yeah, big mess.  Almost everyone that preordered by the end of beta got in. And despite all the fuss people have been making, they got them all in with the original 5 day early access time frame.  I'm guessing if they had set an initial schedule to stick with, we may still be waiting, but they have played it by ear, and it seems to have worked out pretty well. 

Nnot only that, they have been going out of their way to get the physical games to everyone in pleny of time for launch.  My delivery date changed from the 20th, to the 16th.  Yeah.  What horrible people they are.  image

You wait until the last minute to preorder, how horrible that you have to wait a day.  Get over it.  These constant whines are getting ridiculous.

• brad31781brad31781 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by kiern

Oh yeah, big mess.  Almost everyone that preordered by the end of beta got in. And despite all the fuss people have been making, they got them all in with the original 5 day early access time frame.  I'm guessing if they had set an initial schedule to stick with, we may still be waiting, but they have played it by ear, and it seems to have worked out pretty well. 

Nnot only that, they have been going out of their way to get the physical games to everyone in pleny of time for launch.  My delivery date changed from the 20th, to the 16th.  Yeah.  What horrible people they are.  image

You wait until the last minute to preorder, how horrible that you have to wait a day.  Get over it.  These constant whines are getting ridiculous.

You know everyones situation huh? I couldn't get the game to install for 3 full weeks until this week. Main Assets 1 failed to install over and over. Their repair function didn't work and you had to redownload 14 gb everytime it failed. Forum posts about it and no responses or acknowledgement from BioWare until a few days ago. Why would I preorder I game when I can't even install it?

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

It's just odd.  Like a final little FU to people who waited for the stress test beta to decide whether they wanted to preorder or not.  It's not a big deal, but just yeah, seriously?  why?

Not like it would have mattered as far as servers or crowding, to let the last few people in.  That's what makes it seem more like a gesture than anything else.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

I wasn't even going to whine about this, hell I got scamed into playing this shit piece of a game last minute. I pre ordered the 13th just out of shear boredum, and quiet frankly would like to play. The number of people ordering this late "if numbers were available" is considerably lower than the rest of the curve odds are. That being the case this is some what of an F U for not pre ordering earlier. Now do I think the game will last??? HAHA yah right, but with nothing on the horizion here is for hoping.

Also if any of you remember AOC or War's launch. Then waiting 1 more day won't hurt. Shadowbane had piss launch. WoW for all you WoW tards was extremely bad the 1st week. This is looking decent, and may compare to Rifts in terms of successful launch though.

• AshlindeAshlinde Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by brad31781

Originally posted by kiern

You know everyones situation huh? I couldn't get the game to install for 3 full weeks until this week. Main Assets 1 failed to install over and over. Their repair function didn't work and you had to redownload 14 gb everytime it failed. Forum posts about it and no responses or acknowledgement from BioWare until a few days ago. Why would I preorder I game when I can't even install it?

this doesnt help your argument... at ALL.

again, you waited until the last minute to preorder, guess what, you get to wait. its nobodies fault but your own. if you wanted in earlier, you should have preordered earlier.

• kartanakartana Member UncommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by Vhaln

It's just odd.  Like a final little FU to people who waited for the stress test beta to decide whether they wanted to preorder or not.  It's not a big deal, but just yeah, seriously?  why?

Not like it would have mattered as far as servers or crowding, to let the last few people in.  That's what makes it seem more like a gesture than anything else.

This!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Early bird gets the worm.  Just think of  it as a penalty for not making a timely decision.

I self identify as a monkey.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

I don't get it, is everyone really that eager to shave a week off of the time it will take them to eventually quit the game?

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

You should still be in by tomorrow. Considering you get to play all weekend even though you ordered that late should at least make you happy I mean geez do people not complain about anything.....

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Originally posted by DarkPony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szTEHgqZXY

How long did it take you to make that?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by nationalcity

You should still be in by tomorrow. Considering you get to play all weekend even though you ordered that late should at least make you happy I mean geez do people not complain about anything.....

The bored part of me wishes they would have not pushed Early access back by 2 days. Can you imagine the tears that would be flowing?  It would at least make for even more entertaining reading from work.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Yea you lazy pre-orderers, you shouldnt even be able to play the game after it launches. How dare you disrespect Bioware by ordering a game before its even out? What took you so long to promise money to a company before you can even play the game? Maybe if you blindly tossed around your parents money like the rest of us self entitled pricks you too could play star wars.
  • kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Amatal

Originally posted by Gaborik

Actually no, a lot of people didnt get their ea codes from the shops they ordered the game till well into november/december. Zaavi being one of those shops.

A no name game boutique screwing your over is EAs fault...how?

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Originally posted by hotix

(snip) WoW for all you WoW tards was extremely bad the 1st week. This is looking decent, and may compare to Rifts in terms of successful launch though.

I remember how the guys from Penny Arcade were so blown away by WoW and how much they loved it that they gave it a gold star.

Then launch came and it must have been really attrocious as PA rescinded their recomendation until "Blizz got their shizz together" (paraphrased). IIRC it wasn't two weeks until PA was back on the WoWagon.

This? This looks smooth as a ababy's bottom. I hope ANet is paying attention.

Yea, sucks if you have to wait another day, agreed, but without the early access thingie you'd be waiting until the 20th.