Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Game is good happiness begins :)

calranthecalranthe stoke on trentPosts: 356Member

I  promised myself I would do this not to gloat or cause hassle just to state my own experiences.

Both me and wife got picked yesterday for first wave that seemed to fit quite well as we pre-ordered from Game and entered our codes end of july.

Logged on to the PVE RP server we formed the guild on The Progenitor and proceeded to have lots of fun, lag and latency were none existent, amazed also that only saw one reference to wow on general chat.

Even the storylines we had already explored in beta still felt fun, taking our time no rush at all about 14 hours of play before going to bed lol.

We both may have just found ourselves a new home after so many disapointing launches of games.

Thank you bioware, thank you EA.

this is me probably signing of the forum for awhile.

Hope those that are not already in get in soon.

«1

Comments

  • DannyGloverDannyGlover Portland, ORPosts: 1,277Member

    If I could play at work, I wouldn't post here haha! Grats man. The wife n I are also enjoying the game and I will definitely call it home....a challenger appears in April though (for me at least) hehe

    I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

  • Omni1rbbOmni1rbb Buffalo, NYPosts: 83Member

    AWWWEEESSSOOOOOMMMEEEEE!

  • Agricola1Agricola1 PortsmouthPosts: 4,984Member

    So far the game is excellent and the community (at this point) is alot better than every other launch (at this point) I've experienced. Maybe a few too many Skyrim jokes but no one is being a dick and plenty of ppeople are helping out others atleast on my server which is an RP-PvP server.

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • KidonKidon SesimbraPosts: 395Member Uncommon

    the game is insanly awsome, hope that bioware keeps hading content so i can play for years to come.

  • Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Clearwater, FLPosts: 47Member

    Congrats to you all. Looking forward to getting in soon. Very nice to see positive posts about people just having fun. 

    Enjoy the ride.

    Take care.

     

  • guardinnerguardinner AlnwickPosts: 51Member

    Originally posted by calranthe

    I  promised myself I would do this not to gloat or cause hassle just to state my own experiences.

    Both me and wife got picked yesterday for first wave that seemed to fit quite well as we pre-ordered from Game and entered our codes end of july.

    Logged on to the PVE RP server we formed the guild on The Progenitor and proceeded to have lots of fun, lag and latency were none existent, amazed also that only saw one reference to wow on general chat.

    Even the storylines we had already explored in beta still felt fun, taking our time no rush at all about 14 hours of play before going to bed lol.

    We both may have just found ourselves a new home after so many disapointing launches of games.

    Thank you bioware, thank you EA.

    this is me probably signing of the forum for awhile.

    Hope those that are not already in get in soon.

    Nice to see an adult post in here about the game, not gushing about how wonderful it is and not crying about this or that aspect that doesn't fit in with your own view of how the game SHOULD be.

    Glad you have both got in and are enjoying yourselves! HAVE FUN! image

  • alexminoalexmino davenport, IAPosts: 132Member

    Im not in yet, but the only thing im not looking forward to is replaying those 15 levels i played in beta again.

    I eventualy just stopped playing the beta because i didn't want to spoil things for myself.

  • calranthecalranthe stoke on trentPosts: 356Member

    Just logged of to do important things like walk the dog and prepare lunch, while like alot of people I had misgivings about the graphics and engine it actually fits very well and if you have played kotor and kotor II then the artwork and feel is familiar it just fits thats all I can say on that apart from this engine runs so smooth on our pc's even with alot of people in the vicinity and everything to max.

    Discovering some things I missed on my beta or that were not implimented.

    I can say from personal experience of mmo betas going back to meridian 59 this is the best I have personally been in, I class it as best going by factors of content, stability and fun, worst launches I ever experienced were anarchy online and FF14 coming a close second those that experience those first weeks  in AO well there is a reason they gave out the pioneer backpack lol.

     

  • jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member

    Just played my first 6 hours.

    Work is going to be so so slow tomorrow. :(

    I can't honestly believe it is better than I thought it would be and I'm one of those who buys anything that has 'Made by Bioware' including those apparels.

    Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

  • GuileplayerGuileplayer NYC, NYPosts: 418Member

    i did a /played today before i logged and it said 16 hours....i have no life :(

    Currently Playing: SSFIV AE, SFxTekken, SWTOR, WoW. Waiting for: GW2, Resident Evil 6.

  • VegettoVegetto WorcesterPosts: 841Member

    I'm thinking of playing at work, well do crafting and such, as i will be alt-tabbing like a ninja.

    I'm doing it now, someone walks past my door, alt-tab, but that's no good when in combat.

    I think it's a risk worth taking:

    Work all day < don't play SWTOR
    Play SWTOR at work > Work
    Get fire for playing SWTOR at work < Play SWTOR all day.


    Win-Win-Win.

    image

  • yuweeyuwee DerbyPosts: 16Member

    It's good to know that replaying the beta content was still fun. I cant wait to get in on the action myself. Plan on playing a fat trooper hehe. I pre-ordered late though (December 7th) have my fingers crossed for access tomorrow, who knows...

  • ktanner3ktanner3 lakeland, FLPosts: 4,074Member Common

    Originally posted by alexmino

    Im not in yet, but the only thing im not looking forward to is replaying those 15 levels i played in beta again.

    I eventualy just stopped playing the beta because i didn't want to spoil things for myself.

    That is exactly why I didn't play in the BETA long. I didn't want to spoil any surprises so I picked a class that I know I'll never play in game(jedi knight) and ran with it for a few levels. Bioware was even able to make this goody - too-shoo class interesting so I can't wait to play my evil Bounty Hunter and Sith Assasin once the box arrives. :)

    Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

  • BreakNFacesBreakNFaces BrisbanePosts: 77Member

    Good to hear, Still waiting for my invite and even though my patience is being tested I am still fairly excited, Gratz to everyone

    image

  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Colorado Springs, COPosts: 4,183Member

    So sad that threades like this get buried so fast on this site.

    Glad you are enjoying the game OP. I may pass out from lack of sleep myself soon.

    I think it's time to queue up some crafting and take a nap before I fall over. image

    image

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member

    Let me know how you feel in a couple of months.

  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Colorado Springs, COPosts: 4,183Member

    Originally posted by Yamota

    Let me know how you feel in a couple of months.

    I've been playing for four months already.....still feel the same. Does that count?

    image

  • DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

    Originally posted by Yamota

    Let me know how you feel in a couple of months.

    I've been playing for four months already.....still feel the same. Does that count?

    4 me it does Wargull <3

  • defector1968defector1968 Nar ShaddaaPosts: 393Member Common

    dont be so happy, im one of those that enter at 13th, and now that im writing is cuz im in queue for 1h05m, in number 951 in EU server, and almost all are full with that notice

    i dont wanna imagine what will happend at 20th

     

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member


    Originally posted by Wharg0ul
    So sad that threades like this get buried so fast on this site.
    Glad you are enjoying the game OP. I may pass out from lack of sleep myself soon.
    I think it's time to queue up some crafting and take a nap before I fall over.


    It's just really hard to argue with someone who says, "I enjoyed the game!" How do you argue with that? Tell them they're lying? Call them a shill for Bioware?

    On the other hand, someone who brings up an issue with SWToR as proof that the game sucks is really easy to argue with. It's never, "I did not enjoy the game!" It's always, "Feature X will cause this game to fail!" or, "Feature X means Bioware is a horrible developer!" Both of which are things that almost beg for an argument.

    Perhaps the positive threads need to be more argumentative. Like this:

    I just got finished playing Star Wars: The Old Republic* for 8 hours and I LOVED IT! This game will change the industry! WoW will actually improve because they fear the greatness that is Star Wars: The Old Republic! Anyone who doesn't like this game obviously hates theme park style games and is also probably a hipster who can't partake in any 'classic' mmorpg mechanics because it isn't hip enough!

    There, like that.

    * Almost forgot my asterisk. You spell the name of the game out so it's annoying.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • GylfiGylfi LlandlowPosts: 660Member

    That's it, people feel "at home", at least two said that. That's exactly the knob of the question.

     

    The game is the quintessence of easy, cozy, lulling playability. All babysitted right for the players for the least effort possible, very much a casual, accessible experience. You'll feel right at home is the subliminal brainwashing message and there it is, emerging, popping out of people's noses after it visited their amigdalas, people repeat the magic word like well programmed automatons. The "homey" feeling is the key to all opiate addictions.

     

    This is so bad i could kill myself if i wasn't an esteemed professor, it's almost like knowing of a conspiracy in act and being forced to see all falling victims to it.

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by Agricola1

    So far the game is excellent and the community (at this point) is alot better than every other launch (at this point) I've experienced. Maybe a few too many Skyrim jokes but no one is being a dick and plenty of ppeople are helping out others atleast on my server which is an RP-PvP server.

    think i saw arrow in the knee at least 50 times last night in general chat.. but overall people have been helpfull

  • AnubisanAnubisan Boulder, COPosts: 1,801Member

    Originally posted by lizardbones



    It's just really hard to argue with someone who says, "I enjoyed the game!" How do you argue with that? Tell them they're lying? Call them a shill for Bioware?

     

    Sadly, I have seen many people on these forums do exactly that. It seems harder to support or defend a game around here than it is trash it.

  • calranthecalranthe stoke on trentPosts: 356Member

    Originally posted by Gylfi

    That's it, people feel "at home", at least two said that. That's exactly the knob of the question.

     

    The game is the quintessence of easy, cozy, lulling playability. All babysitted right for the players for the least effort possible, very much a casual, accessible experience. You'll feel right at home is the subliminal brainwashing message and there it is, emerging, popping out of people's noses after it visited their amigdalas, people repeat the magic word like well programmed automatons. The "homey" feeling is the key to all opiate addictions.

     

    This is so bad i could kill myself if i wasn't an esteemed professor, it's almost like knowing of a conspiracy in act and being forced to see all falling victims to it.

    When people say "at home" what that means for me personally and my wife is a place we enjoy, you have no idea what makes us feel comfortable or at home, for example EVE living in 0.0 part of a large alliance also feels "at home" to us and you can not get more conflict orientated and intense than that.

    I do really enjoy it when people assume these things when they do not even know us, We have run our own online game (a mud) we created in 1998 based on a diku code sample, it is now in the forth revision a java/mysql based mud and still very inovative, we were pvping and pk hunting in meridian 59, we lived through the early years of UO and moved to EQ.

    To best describe it or how it fits us is not easy but is based around our love of bioware games, our wish for a stable mmo to let of steam and have fun in, a place where the storylines involve thought choice and action, SWTOR is that to us a roleplay game.

    "comfort" to me can be stalking a ship in nullsec my wife in her covert ops feeding me intel, the challenge and knowing what could happen, that game fits us well just like swtor but in a different way

    For an "esteemed professor" you generalise far too much.

     

  • SupersoupsSupersoups New Orleans, LAPosts: 1,004Member

    Originally posted by Gylfi

    That's it, people feel "at home", at least two said that. That's exactly the knob of the question.

     

    The game is the quintessence of easy, cozy, lulling playability. All babysitted right for the players for the least effort possible, very much a casual, accessible experience. You'll feel right at home is the subliminal brainwashing message and there it is, emerging, popping out of people's noses after it visited their amigdalas, people repeat the magic word like well programmed automatons. The "homey" feeling is the key to all opiate addictions.

     

    This is so bad i could kill myself if i wasn't an esteemed professor, it's almost like knowing of a conspiracy in act and being forced to see all falling victims to it.

    I swear i almost believed you for a minute.

    image

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.