Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the retail version ?

Hiya all

I played the beta version and stoped after 3 days. Can you tell me if the retail version is really better ? if so maybe i get the game because of the PvP systeme.

thanks

Comments

• IbarroIbarro Member Posts: 23

Yup the retail version is more better cuz the bugs and lag performance are not that bad when it was on beta. Then you'll also have a 1 month free game. My month free had already expires, so im now answering the survey in their site so I will get another week of free games. My enchanter is already on lvl 60. I reach that level in a month. ::::23:: and yes the PVP is good just don't let others see you red cuz they will all come for you. ::::15::::::15::::::15::

Nothing else matters

• fortunefaderfortunefader Member Posts: 51

yeah i did bougth RYL at a retail store and i got one month free too. i tried to fill up the survey at the site but i didnt have a clue how.too bad.......::::16::

how do you fill up the survey guys?

teach me ol master..::::37::

• dopefish18dopefish18 Member Posts: 163

::::38::...im still using my 1 month free game trial....havent tried the survey for a week free game trial....anyway have u heard of the new coomic book of planetwide?

dont u dare start playing MMORPG unless u want to be hooked

• nessedsnesseds Member Posts: 31

Same here, still do not know how to fill up their surveys...I'm still enjoying the 1 month free trial that i got from the retail version i bought..Help here guys..image

'Bout the comic book, I gues its really pretty cool..For sure comic fans out there will like it..image

• iveria18iveria18 Member Posts: 123

what was the comic book all about nesseds???....could u give some idea....im really interested....

P2P is good but i need free games :D

• _RYL__RYL_ RYL Community ManagerMember Posts: 31

Here is some information about the Comic Book Creator: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/524/loadthread/46151/setstart/1/loadclass/182

What were the problems you were having filling out the surveys?

RYL Community Manager
    RYL:Path of the Emperor
    [email protected]
    http://www.ryl.net

• spafonspafon Member UncommonPosts: 54

SEE THE UPDATED INFO BELOW

• spafonspafon Member UncommonPosts: 54

UPDATE ON THE RYL ISSUES

I have been contacted by the staff of PWG and assured that all the features mentioned on the box are comming with future upgrades and I am satisfied they meant on disception in their marketing.

This is a wonderful game with a richly textured world and an elegant user interface and promises to be good clean family entertainment once the minor issues with the game are addressed.
    I will do my best to expedite this and will post here frequently to report on the progress, once the issues are addressed this game has great promise as an activity that could be rewarding for years to come.

Rick Carufel
    Artist, Author, Critic and Gamer
    Winona MN

• lonedreamlonedream Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I am LoneDream from the POTE community. Well actually I am retired from that game due to nothing changing. I mean I have been in game since RYL POTE beta. It's a great game. But still has alot of work to do on it. I mean yes they say alot of stuff about the game in the advertising. This and that. i never seen a retail box because I am a founders guild member. A founders guild member is a person who bought the game in beta. It was an offer given to those who were in open beta. We got a chance to play a month or two before the game actually went retail. The Servers went live for p2p in March. But yeah I dont' know I seen alot of people leave the game due to nothing changing. we as a community got the same answers. "yes in the near future" "oh we are working on it" "we are looking into it" etc. I don't know much anymore because I quit too. I  mean alot of my friends quit the game due to no changes. But like I say "Keep paying". LOL one of the reasons I got banned from the RYL forums is mocking the GM's and questioning them stuff like that. BUt oh well. If you guys/gals go to POTE  you will see if you get up passed 70+++ in level what i mean or if i mean anything.

LoneDream

82+ Life ofc (retired/deceased)

Valhalla guild

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by lonedream

Hello,
      I am LoneDream from the POTE community. Well actually I am retired from that game due to nothing changing. I mean I have been in game since RYL POTE beta. It's a great game. But still has alot of work to do on it. I mean yes they say alot of stuff about the game in the advertising. This and that. i never seen a retail box because I am a founders guild member. A founders guild member is a person who bought the game in beta. It was an offer given to those who were in open beta. We got a chance to play a month or two before the game actually went retail. The Servers went live for p2p in March. But yeah I dont' know I seen alot of people leave the game due to nothing changing. we as a community got the same answers. "yes in the near future" "oh we are working on it" "we are looking into it" etc. I don't know much anymore because I quit too. I  mean alot of my friends quit the game due to no changes. But like I say "Keep paying". LOL one of the reasons I got banned from the RYL forums is mocking the GM's and questioning them stuff like that. BUt oh well. If you guys/gals go to POTE  you will see if you get up passed 70+++ in level what i mean or if i mean anything.
    LoneDream
    82+ Life ofc (retired/deceased)
    Valhalla guild

LOL @ you (to quote your own saying Mr. LumberDream). You don't mean anything >.<

i asked Slappy about un banning you when u got banned and he said he'll look into it.... that was like what a month ago?

meh, PoTE well... is.. static. The game is fine enough in itself but as LoneDream says, it gets extremely boring at 70+, the Battle Lohan closed beta is giving me my kicks and fun now ^^

PwG are working hard to improve the game, but it's the retail members who will get the bells and whistles, not the faithful p2p founder's guild testers, as most of the new features will come out as the 7 month offer ends... but thats life i suppose.

Oh well, they are getting the game to be better... just not a lot of us have the patience (or money) to wait that long.

DarkSage-Gunner, Semi-Retired, only around for Siege Time

AGT Reporter

75+ Gunner (yes, i havent leveled since u left)

Riot Guild

• pinefur0801pinefur0801 Member Posts: 7

I played RYL1 and then this ryl.

The major problem seems to be there inability to find why the game locks up on some people and some people it does not. I got to level 65 before most of the people today that play was level 70-92.....

Do not get me wrong it is one of the most funnest and easiest games to advance on till you get to level 60. Once you hit that level it gets harder. Because you can no longer solo advance. From level 1-50 you can solo advance without ever needin a party. But once you get to 50 it gets tougher. Its a PVP game through and through so if you do not like to die this game is not for you. But believe me it is fun. And its skill based mostly so just because someone is higher level doesnt always mean you cannot player kill them. Believe me i know first hand.

Im not as experienced as some of the players whom have stuck through the massive lags.crashes, memory leaks, lack of updates, constant bans for shouting words that should be allowed.

And instead of fixing a bug at docks that allows people to see enemy factions or guilds as red while in safe area. and able to use distant attacks from safe area. they instead decide to claim it is now ok to do this. So its funny. I believe the problem is from what people have said before is the fact that the game is made some where else and planet wide games basicly emplements the changes and suggests changes. so the rate of changes coming into place are slow. Because they really have no control over when it will arrive from maylasia people say. Just like when game went retail goal was to have necklaces,rings and level 150 as max level in the box ready for shelves.

Instead all you got was basicly same thing everyone else got from the download. With the most recent updates added to it.

So to intise people to check the game out they start a tourney server. where rules change monthly and more places were added to list of elligibility so basicly its a 10month tourney instead of the 1 year tournement like it was planned.

The tournement isnt doing so well though so now they have changed rules again to where starting august 1st everyone playing will be level 60 after doing quest at the npc at docks named jenny. Originally she usually gave u a few starter xp (70) but now she will make u from level 1-60 in a snap.

This will maybe get some of the hard core players on iveria server a idea about playing in the tourney now. Because so many are not involved because the pvp on Iveria can be so intense.

The games weapons and armours set up remind u of Diablo 2 where u can upgrade using stones. GEMS.....

The game has alot of guides and gms. Who do attempt to assit people in need. But most of them are players. They are not in house so there powers and abilities to help are not overwhelming. But it is a good concept.

Well thats just a little bit about Ryl.

Right now im just waiting for next patch before i start playing again hoping that the gameguard and other glitches are fixed.....

I miss ryl though because when i left i was level 65 warrior and now those i was in guild with are in there 80s. So its wild and crazy now :)....id feel like a noob when and if i do come back.

Graphics 7 Sounds 5.5 Gameplay 9 Community 9 Fun factor 10 Client problems 1 consistant changes 3

Well thats my ratings.

• Kem0sabeKem0sabe Member Posts: 443

I always wondered, what does the end game in Ryl ammount to? does the game have raids on endgame dungeons, is it only more pvp or does it have something else?

All ur Mountain Dew is belong to me.

• pinefur0801pinefur0801 Member Posts: 7

Well basicly the game consist of maps. At this point three maps are available. With more on the way.

On the first map you typically can level from 1-65 there. And never be player killed as long as you never join a guild. If and when you join a guild. On map one if you leave the town there you are fair game to being player killed. Depending on circumstances you might have just racial enemies instead of guild enemies after joining a newer guild. But once a guild is allied with another it begins from there. Because your allies might be at war with someone you are neutral with. So in the end you are now a enemy to them.

So basicly once you join a guild. You are pvp ready. Meaning you can be killed by other players while out side of safe towns. There are not many safe zones involved after this point. SOO...You better be ready to die a few times.

As for dungeon seiges. this game has what we would call. Seige time. Where guilds. allies and enemies collect materials to form seige weapons, forts, stores, etc that must be defended at this time. Because enemy guilds can destroy your forts during seige time only. But at all times in these areas that seige time is ran. Its always PVP involved.

One sad thing about RYL set up is there are really no major indoors type buildings ...the fort is basicly a tower.......