Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RP-PVP server(s) - can you answer my questions?

I'm a Darkfall player who hasn't given this game more than a contemptuous glance but when I found out there will be a RP-PVP server, I'm slightly curious.

Is PvP full loot? (Or there some close proxy to it?)

To what extent is end - game a seemless type of world? Is there any way to actually affect anything, or is it just character building?  Could Imperials or the Republic effectively control an area of the game world over time? (E.g., in Darkfall, at times, certain alliances have fiercely controlled sub-continents for months at a time, patrolling/attacking any invaders.)

Are all zones instanced?  How is instancing used?

In your view, does the RP-PVP ruleset offer anything to a Darkfall / Ultima Online type of player? 

tia

Comments

• stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Originally posted by Ash_Emerald

I'm a Darkfall player who hasn't given this game more than a contemptuous glance but when I found out there will be a RP-PVP server, I'm slightly curious.

Is PvP full loot? (Or there some close proxy to it?)

No.

To what extent is end - game a seemless type of world? Is there any way to actually affect anything, or is it just character building?  Could Imperials or the Republic effectively control an area of the game world over time? (E.g., in Darkfall, at times, certain alliances have fiercely controlled sub-continents for months at a time, patrolling/attacking any invaders.)

Open World Territory Control PvP 

Are all zones instanced?  How is instancing used?

No. Instancing is used in dungeons and character story phases.

In your view, does the RP-PVP ruleset offer anything to a Darkfall / Ultima Online type of player? 

It offers fun open world PvP.

tia

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

are people able to kill their own faction on RP-PVP?

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Okay, I will answer your questions.

First, no looting of opposing players. After the protected starter worlds if it is red it is dead applies.

Second, Ilum is a pvp planet with controllable objectives but that Ilum is the only planet with those types of objectives.

Third, Instancing occurs when a zone gets overload a new copy is spawned. This occurs quite a bit in the starter worlds.

There is a ffa pvp area on Tatooine that has a lot of crafting materials in it. There are also warzones with various pvp modes ( ala huttball is a muted form of ctf, etc) where teams are made of even players.   

• Ash_EmeraldAsh_Emerald Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by catlana

Third, Instancing occurs when a zone gets overload a new copy is spawned. This occurs quite a bit in the starter worlds.

From beta, about how many players in a zone spawns a new zone?

• Originally posted by Ausare

are people able to kill their own faction on RP-PVP?

only if they either are playing huttball against a own faction team or they go to The Outlaw's Den on Tatooine