Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Blood on the Snow

2»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Clerigo

Originally posted by gimmesome

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Just accentuates the major problem with Eve.  Allowing one alliance to control far too much territory.  No wonder so many play the game for a short time and realize they can't get into the 0.0 areas because of this and end up quitting.

Until CCP fixes this, the game will just be for the elitests.

couldn't agree more.

I hate the fact that I gave EVE so many years of my time, in hopes that "maybe it'll get better" only to find that it gets worse.   Crooked support that plays favorites.   Elitists that control everything.   Dull combat mechanics (like playing command and conquer with 1 single unit instead of a squad... in slow motion... )   and no feel of player input.  To think of how many arguements ive had defending EVE, only to look back and feel like a sucker for giving them my money since 2004.

Yeah, i couldnt agree more with you, i mean, where are the dungeons? Where are the raids? Where is the loot and the gearscore? I want to raid, loot, rinse&repeat...i want to be a grind monster!!

Please, and if you indeed are a former EvE player, please do mind your words or just shut up and say nothing. What you describe, what you are whining to the gods, you forgot one thing my friend:

That is what EvE is all about!!! Cant take it?? Go kill 10 boars and deliver the tusks to the old lady!

Completely oblivious to the point I was making.  Territory should be hard to keep, it is in everything else.  Fleet combat is just who brings the bigger ships.   Fleets should be all about who has the better mix of ship types and knows how to use them.  It has nothing to do with who is the better aggressor, current tactics is just brute force with zero finesse.   One of the most critical points of any warfare action is logistics, which is practically nonexistent in Eve.  

Again 0.0 is just a bunch of elitests who are highly averse to any change and act like the spoiled brats they are when something is changed.  Just read the forums sometime.  CCP caters to them, that is their priviledge, but the game would be so much better if they opened up the game more.

• White_TreeWhite_Tree Member Posts: 13

Completely oblivious to the point I was making.  Territory should be hard to keep, it is in everything else.  Fleet combat is just who brings the bigger ships.   Fleets should be all about who has the better mix of ship types and knows how to use them.  It has nothing to do with who is the better aggressor, current tactics is just brute force with zero finesse.   One of the most critical points of any warfare action is logistics, which is practically nonexistent in Eve.  

Again 0.0 is just a bunch of elitests who are highly averse to any change and act like the spoiled brats they are when something is changed.  Just read the forums sometime.  CCP caters to them, that is their priviledge, but the game would be so much better if they opened up the game more.

There isn't much challeng in owning sovereign space beyond paying the bills admittedly. Whether or not an enemy wishes to invade you or not is when the challenge of owning space presents itself. But even then it favors the defender, as it is inherently designed to be that way.

Fleet combat isn't so much about the blob as the makeup of the blob. 250 Maelstroms using Artillery have routinely shown to out-damage 250 Abaddons using Beams. But then again, should the FC muck it up it can easily go wrong. FCing a bloc-level fleet isn't just about mashing endless numbers towards a final goal, you do need to make tactical decisions. The idea that it simply requires 'brute force' is something that I can personally say isn't true. 

Now, to be fair - When an Alliance of 5000 comes down on an Alliance of 1000, sure, numbers are going to win out. But when two relatively equally matched entities come to blows it ultimately boils down to tactical decisions, leadership capability and all of the things that should matter.

As for logistics, well, no Alliance could function without a complex logistical backbone? Surely? My Alliance alone uses 20 or so jump freighters to get its business done, and ferrys ships to the frone lines via Carriers. Deployment warfare is all about logistics. 

As for 0.0 being elitist, I can't speak for every Alliance but I know GSF, TEST and ESG all recruit day 1 newbies and train them on how to live and survive in nullsec. We don't have SP requirements, only requirements that people come from specific communities. No, not all Alliances can make the claim that they're actively attempting to bring day 1 players into nullsec, but some can.

And nullsec players throw temper tantrums when the structure of their corner of the game is dictated by and changed by people who do not live in Nullsec and do not share the concerns of they have as players. In addition to this, the vast wealth of resources in EVE Online such as rare mineral moons come exclusively from nullsec. Nullsec, despite its relative size in terms of population - Dramatically shapes EVE Online in every imaginable way. 

• tadams2tonetadams2tone Member UncommonPosts: 59

Really? Logistics are non-existant?  I call B.S.  Maybe he is oblivous to your point because you haven't really made one.  Everything you typed is just some non-factual rant that has nothing to do w/ the actual game.  Fleets are all about who has the bigger ship and nothing else? Really?  Current tactics are only brute force?  Why do I even bother.  You must be trolling or just be rly mad at EVE, maybe you couldn't hack it. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Spiider

Maybe in Russia:) Not where I live. Doing that gets you to prison in my country.

Your government officials are very pleased that its populace believes that.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Originally posted by tadams2tone

Why do I even bother.

Ummm, you didn't bother, in fact you didn't say a single word of substance at all.

Okay?  I'm sorry Myria but do you even play EVE?  I hope you enjoyed getting +1 postcount.  Also, I just want to point out that I did "bother" and that you don't get to decide what "bothering" means just because you see something a certain way doesn't mean that I do.  Perhaps I didn't provide a lot of detailed information.  But, to be honest I don't really think the person I was replying to was worth it, and niether are you.  I came to post that what he was posting is complete bullshit and it is.  I will also point out that your post is guilty of the same thing you are accusing me of.  Please get off your high horse and stop being such a moronic hipocryte.  It's people like you and the original person I responded to that make this site a completely useless flame fest with no real game information.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Oh man UAx, that name brings back so many fond memories of EO.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Just accentuates the major problem with Eve.  Allowing one alliance to control far too much territory.  No wonder so many play the game for a short time and realize they can't get into the 0.0 areas because of this and end up quitting.

Probably if EVE would be to easy  players like you would whine all day on mmorpg forums. Now you whine because it is to hard, you will always find a reason to whine.  I am solo player and i like that ''to be against all''. Eve server is always full and i always find my enemy around. Nice thing is that we do not have players whining about everything in local or help chat  and i like that.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Myria

Originally posted by tadams2tone

Why do I even bother.

Ummm, you didn't bother, in fact you didn't say a single word of substance at all.

Ha ha, now that is some zen master.

• puturuputuru Member Posts: 8

Aeon kill

2011.12.11 12:36

Victim: MrRUSs

Corp: The xDEATHx Squadron

Alliance: Legion of xXDEATHXx

Faction: None

Destroyed: Aeon

System: 1A8-6G

Security: 0.0

Damage Taken: 4581821

Involved parties:

Name: SirRalph

Security: 1.0

Corp: U.K.R.A.I.N.E

Alliance: SOLAR FLEET

Faction: None

Ship: Maelstrom

Weapon: Hammerhead II

Damage Done: 63661

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=11868543

• scratch250scratch250 Member Posts: 17

couldn't agree more.

I hate the fact that I gave EVE so many years of my time, in hopes that "maybe it'll get better" only to find that it gets worse.   Crooked support that plays favorites.   Elitists that control everything.   Dull combat mechanics (like playing command and conquer with 1 single unit instead of a squad... in slow motion... )   and no feel of player input.  To think of how many arguements ive had defending EVE, only to look back and feel like a sucker for giving them my money since 2004.

Yeah, i couldnt agree more with you, i mean, where are the dungeons? Where are the raids? Where is the loot and the gearscore? I want to raid, loot, rinse&repeat...i want to be a grind monster!!

Please, and if you indeed are a former EvE player, please do mind your words or just shut up and say nothing. What you describe, what you are whining to the gods, you forgot one thing my friend:

That is what EvE is all about!!! Cant take it?? Go kill 10 boars and deliver the tusks to the old lady!

ok mate i dont think you have played the game for very long the fact that you say that tactics and logi dont mean a thing just say all about you.... just shut up and dont post nonsense...

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

this is MMO.

massive multiplayer online.

to succeed youd have to get MULTIple PLAYERS.  to get to even higher proportions you need to cooperate with MASSIVE ammount of players. i think it makes sense completely.

what do you want? some random 5man corporation controlling the galaxy?

or even worse - solo everything?

this is mmo in every sense.

basically you hate a mmo for being a mmo.

also the tactics question. you played the game for a short time.

since this is more social mmo than 99% others tactics come in many ways. infiltration is a good tactic for roleplayers. and if you say that doesnt work... well im out of ideas really - no idea how a 'legal maphack' could not be an obvious advantage.

• LeipeJongeNLLeipeJongeNL Member Posts: 22

couldn't agree more.

I see what you did there....

troll.

• toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119

couldn't agree more.

Well said.  That is really how CCP strings people along with hyped up fanboys writing gushing pieces and blogs, and then promising things will get better for players if they just wait...and wait...and wait.  What actually gets delivered is a pale shadow of what was promised, and then CCP is off making new promises and making shiny trailer videos that are nothing like the game play. 

Then every so often when things get bad or a scandal hits, CCP unleashes a PR smokescreen of blogs or new promises, and the blind or the addicted are sadly all too willing to "give them another chance" and continue subscribing.  Meanwhile CCP laughs its way to the bank.  The leaked email from their CEO earlier this year in the monocle scandal shows all too well the contemptuous attitude they have towards paying customers.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by toxicmango

couldn't agree more.

Well said.  That is really how CCP strings people along with hyped up fanboys writing gushing pieces and blogs, and then promising things will get better for players if they just wait...and wait...and wait.  What actually gets delivered is a pale shadow of what was promised, and then CCP is off making new promises and making shiny trailer videos that are nothing like the game play. 

Then every so often when things get bad or a scandal hits, CCP unleashes a PR smokescreen of blogs or new promises, and the blind or the addicted are sadly all too willing to "give them another chance" and continue subscribing.  Meanwhile CCP laughs its way to the bank.  The leaked email from their CEO earlier this year in the monocle scandal shows all too well the contemptuous attitude they have towards paying customers.

Heh some people just do not get EVE.  Heck, i was just reading the trial account part of forum and had a dev post a link to a new trial acount player.

Guess what he posted? It was to a couple of players that had scammed (claimed to anyhow) over 1 trillion isk from other paying customers. And that was  to the question on something to do in game :) For a newb :P

They revel in all kinds of dirty tricks, that is what EVE is about. A place where you can do what you think you are smart enough to get away with.

Say what you will about EVE. But from day one, the dev's have said that that was the type of game they were making and wanted. And if you can not stomache that stuff, you really do not belong there.

Now knowing what they wanted to make, and DID make, how can people be upset if the company and dev's sometimes do things like that as well? Hell people, the whole game may be one big scam, and those guys just keep laughing all the way to the bank as you said. :P Would anyone really be suprised? i woud not.

It never stops suprising me that players look to the Dev's of EVE as this honorable group that they can trust to "do the right thing" then get into the game the Dev's made to be played by people doing  the lowest most crooked things in the game world  lying, cheating, stealing, scamming and the worst are celebrated in EVE's  news. 

This is just too strange.  Trust them or not, play the game or not. Just know it will be a wild ride :)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Originally posted by gaugemew

Hmm.  I think people are complaining not about the lack of themeparkness.  I think most people like eves sandbox style.  I think mostly people are complaining about the lack of mechanisms for newer players to compete with the long time alliances in game.

And I think that is a legitimate gripe.

I think CCP severely underestimates how many players would enjoy and stay around if they enhanced the PvE aspects and "carebear" aspects of the game. 

100% correct. image

to use WoW terminology, which might be easier for you to understand, it would be like a level 1 noob expecting to trade blows equally with Deathwing.. 

new players get a lot of help already, but expecting to be able to contend with alliances that have taken time to build up their positions, pos defences etc etc,   you want to contend. you have to put the time and effort in, same as they did. oh.. and if your name is billynomates you got zip chance anyway.

• toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119

Originally posted by DarLorkar

couldn't agree more.

Heh some people just do not get EVE.  Heck, i was just reading the trial account part of forum and had a dev post a link to a new trial acount player.

Guess what he posted? It was to a couple of players that had scammed (claimed to anyhow) over 1 trillion isk from other paying customers. And that was  to the question on something to do in game :) For a newb :P

They revel in all kinds of dirty tricks, that is what EVE is about. A place where you can do what you think you are smart enough to get away with.

Say what you will about EVE. But from day one, the dev's have said that that was the type of game they were making and wanted. And if you can not stomache that stuff, you really do not belong there.

Now knowing what they wanted to make, and DID make, how can people be upset if the company and dev's sometimes do things like that as well? Hell people, the whole game may be one big scam, and those guys just keep laughing all the way to the bank as you said. :P Would anyone really be suprised? i woud not.

It never stops suprising me that players look to the Dev's of EVE as this honorable group that they can trust to "do the right thing" then get into the game the Dev's made to be played by people doing  the lowest most crooked things in the game world  lying, cheating, stealing, scamming and the worst are celebrated in EVE's  news. 

This is just too strange.  Trust them or not, play the game or not. Just know it will be a wild ride :)

You seem to confuse game and reality.  Just because there are criminal acts in a game does not make it ok for the developer to engage in criminal or illegal acts.  Do you seriously think the developers of "Grand Theft Auto" should be allowed to steal cars just because their game is about that?   Would you laugh if a game company charged your credit card fraudulently or engaged in identity theft and then brushed it off with "it's just like our game! Aren't you having fun?"  To expect or even excuse developer misconduct is completely illogical.  Any company doing so should expect to lose customers to the point of bankruptcy or be sued or criminally prosecuted. 

Moreover since the developers claim it is a "sandbox".  It is no sandbox when developers who have powers and abilities and knowledge outside and beyond any player can rig things up for themselves or their friends.  Developers are like the referees of a game.  More than that even since they have powers to actually alter the game universe directly.  Playing a rigged game is not a sandbox game.  You are not really free to chart your own path or be whatever you want to be if in reality somebody in the developer studio is making sure you can never compete against him or his buddies. 

Don't say it's rigged unless you are willing to at least provide some obscure google link as proof.  Just more baseless hateful fantasies from fokls who couldn't hack it. 

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

You seem to confuse game and reality.  Just because there are criminal acts in a game does not make it ok for the developer to engage in criminal or illegal acts.  Do you seriously think the developers of "Grand Theft Auto" should be allowed to steal cars just because their game is about that?   Would you laugh if a game company charged your credit card fraudulently or engaged in identity theft and then brushed it off with "it's just like our game! Aren't you having fun?"  To expect or even excuse developer misconduct is completely illogical.  Any company doing so should expect to lose customers to the point of bankruptcy or be sued or criminally prosecuted. 

Moreover since the developers claim it is a "sandbox".  It is no sandbox when developers who have powers and abilities and knowledge outside and beyond any player can rig things up for themselves or their friends.  Developers are like the referees of a game.  More than that even since they have powers to actually alter the game universe directly.  Playing a rigged game is not a sandbox game.  You are not really free to chart your own path or be whatever you want to be if in reality somebody in the developer studio is making sure you can never compete against him or his buddies. 

Heh, you seem to think that the dev's, you know the people that make and own the game, can not do anything that they want in the game.

But as usual, you are one of those people that seem to miss the point. The dev's made this game to cater to the PVP in all areas of the game.

That includes stealing, scamming, ganking, and anything else that people can think up to do. The Dev's make in-game news stories of this type of game play and love it.

EVE dev's promote, encourage,support, and code this game to be like this. Thinking that they care for normal gamers or will change their vision now, wishfull thinking:)

Like i said this game is not for a lot of people.  Guess you make that point better than i did:P If you want safe and fair, stay away from EVE.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

And the devs gave out T2 BP's to their friends directly...

Yeah, that's fun!