Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP and PvE exploits still in place?!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OK I am not going to go into details, but is it true that the PvP and PvE exploits that were in beta are still there and Bioware hasn't fixed them?   That is crazy insane.   We're seeing another AC2 launch all over again.    Back when AC2 launched there were different exploits people used to level to max level in just 30 hours after the game launched.   I said I wouldn't go into detail, be I understand that the exploits that we beta testers reported in beta are still in the game and people are using them to their full extent?!

My friend said that people are using the exploits.   I asked him if he was going to use them and he said he thought about it, but decided against it, because what if Bioware decided to punish players that make use of it.   Good call on his part, but terrible on Biowares part for not fixing these exploits that we clearly pointed out to Bioware during beta.  Bad on them.

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Honestly, those exploits are just hurting those using them to powerlevel (boring). They are choosing to make the game worse for themselves. Exploit away, I'll be just fine

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Aquazen

Honestly, those exploits are just hurting those using them to powerlevel (boring). They are choosing to make the game worse for themselves. Exploit away, I'll be just fine

On PvP servers though that is a bad thing.   I only bring this up because I saw a good game come tumbling to the ground due to exploits not being fixed before a games launch.   This is not good news for players in the least bit.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    What's wrong with skipping level? Why we need low level contents? If you know how to play your class from the beta, you should be allowed the optoon to skip to endgame were the real game starts. That doesnt effect anybody other than themselves. I don't see the issue here

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

let them exploit, so BW send a massive wave of bannings like Blizzard did once. Then enjoy the massive QQs as a result

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by MMOExposed

What's wrong with skipping level? Why we need low level contents? If you know how to play your class from the beta, you should be allowed the optoon to skip to endgame were the real game starts. That doesnt effect anybody other than themselves. I don't see the issue here

not everyone plays mmos for endgame content, if everyone wanted that, developers would sell you the game with instant lvl cap so you jump right to end game

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The only people this would really hurt were players who intended to rush to the top the fair way, for everyone else there was always going to be people ahead of them in levels, no real difference if its 10 or 40, they're still gonna get ganked.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

until they corner the AH, grief everybody they can PVP wise, and complain there is no content at 50.

Originally posted by Teala

On PvP servers though that is a bad thing.   I only bring this up because I saw a good game come tumbling to the ground due to exploits not being fixed before a games launch.   This is not good news for players in the least bit.

Can you expalin why this is a bad thing on a pvp server (i mean it shouldnt be there for sure and BW is looking into it) . I am being honest, i dont get it. What does this exploit do? Do you mean people will just level faster and getting bored and leave?

Can you expalin why this is a bad thing on a pvp server (i mean it shouldnt be there for sure and BW is looking into it) . I am being honest, i dont get it. What does this exploit do? Do you mean people will just level faster and getting bored and leave?

hi I'm a higher level toon than you, I'ma go back to the area you are leveling through and kill you repeatedly cus i exploited to 50 and you are stuck at 25.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I've seen these kind of defense post for issues like these with previouse mmorpgs....this is very interesting.

May the common sense be with you

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

I can't believe it needs to be explained.

If you can't see the problems this will cause for both PvP and PvE servers then I really don't know what to say.. I think i'll have lost all hope in humanity.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Well. This is certainly bad news for Bioware.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

hi I'm a higher level toon than you, I'ma go back to the area you are leveling through and kill you repeatedly cus i exploited to 50 and you are stuck at 25.

Man up and get used to it, that's how most of us level up on a PVP server as we don't have the luxury of racing ahead of everyone to the top. And PVP's claim they are hardcore. Ha!

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by just2duh

If you can't see the problems this will cause for both PvP and PvE servers then I really don't know what to say.. I think i'll have lost all hope in humanity.

If you can't see how this really impacts no one really there's no hope for those who think like you.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Man up and get used to it, that's how most of us level up on a PVP server as we don't have the luxury of racing ahead of everyone to the top. And PVP's claim they are hardcore. Ha!

I agree, I myself was explaining to him the problem.  I'll be rolling on a PVP server with my IRL friends, ganking happens.

Been PVPin since UO, this no death penalty stuff makes death almost enjoyable.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by just2duh

If you can't see how this really impacts no one really there's no hope for those who think like you.

Thats what I was thinking. I am sure BW will nip it in the bud sooner than later.

• roojrooj Member UncommonPosts: 24

This is why I laugh when people complain about the state of the game in beta and people respond "it's just beta, it'll be fixed by launch."

Wrong.

Originally posted by rojo6934

not everyone plays mmos for endgame content, if everyone wanted that, developers would sell you the game with instant lvl cap so you jump right to end game

I said nothing about everybody. I was talking about the people that don't enjoy level grind. It's a pointless time sink. Skipping them effect nobody but the player that skips it. Endgame grind is still the same for everybody. People that like levels cam still level grind their ass off. Let players that font like that level grind to skip it. It doesn't effect you at all!!!!!!

how is that any different from players actions in every other MMO without fast levels? Your point is moot.

I said nothing about everybody. I was talking about the people that don't enjoy level grind. It's a pointless time sink. Skipping them effect nobody but the player that skips it. Endgame grind is still the same for everybody. People that like levels cam still level grind their ass off. Let players that font like that level grind to skip it. It doesn't effect you at all!!!!!!

So you would rather loop that last 10 mins of a movie endlessly then watch the whole thing. To each there own

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Meeting the deadline takes priorty over fixing the game like bugs, explots, UI, Textures, end game content, Mob AI, etc....etc....etc.  

Now do you see how it works for EA.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

So you would rather loop that last 10 mins of a movie endlessly then watch the whole thing. To each there own

You are comparing apples and oranges. Unlike a movie, a themepark truly starts at the end of the level. Not the first level. I rather skip that meaningless level grind time sink and start playing the real game that I will have to face from cap onward

You are comparing apples and oranges. Unlike a movie, a themepark truly starts at the end of the level. Not the first level. I rather skip that meaningless level grind time sink and start playing the real game that I will have to face from cap onward

? , cap onward, this is a BW game man

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

this is not too good, but of course like RIFT's exploit people will play it down, meanwhile large amounts of players do not return when the free period is up.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Let us know how you feel about the real game when you've litterally run out of things to do before your first paid month even starts.

That's probably one of the biggest problems going to happen if they don't fix and reverse the exploit, people will just get bored even faster, and as usual grow impatient waiting for updates, then call it quits and cancel (and also scream GAME FAILS because of all the subs dropping).