Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guess that "Work" Arguement didn't quite pan out...

1246

Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by sanosukex

    strange cause 3 hours ago I checked them and they were all full, heavy, or medium... for NA

    At the moment, 9:52 pm EST, they are all standard except for two that are heavy and eight that are light. Not going to count how many are standard as there are sure enough of them.

    And if one think about it there are more waves coming as well as launch.

    So really not a bad idea this staggered launch. However, I do feel a bit for people who want to play but didn't get their invite.

     

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by EduardoASG

    the system is completly dumb.

    when a game launches, mmo type, everyone needs to be on the same ground so they create the names they want to / reserve a few for alts and so on and on.

    furthermore, for a pvp server is important who goes ahead.. hell even for pve is in some sense.

    giving acess to only a part of the players to start the game earlier, using the date when the game was bought as a way to line up the players while every one of them has paid the same price and bought the same product, is completly retarded.

    agreed.. .. most MMOs that had terrible launches misjudged how many servers they needed, had incomplete game at launch, or just had no clue what they were doing... its not really a hard concept.. you have a stress beta to see how you need to handle your server loads and how many you need get them ready and then launch to everyone who pre-ordered.. It worked fine for rift I waited in at most 20 min or so que at most.. never had any other issue besides that..

  • PuremallacePuremallace Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,856Member

    Anyone else confused by these odd obsessions with watching a game die. I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of TOR, but I am no fan of it dying either. This was well unexpected, so either the thing is not tracking number correctly or they SEVERELYYYYYYY limited the number of people able to playt he game.

     

     

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by Puremallace

    Anyone else confused by these odd obsessions with watching a game die. I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of TOR, but I am no fan of it dying either. This was well unexpected, so either the thing is not tracking number correctly or they SEVERELYYYYYYY limited the number of people able to playt he game.

     

     

    Dexter already gave an explanation to the numbers.. at least 8 times now? in this thread

  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Madison, WIPosts: 808Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by sanosukex

    Originally posted by EduardoASG

    the system is completly dumb.

    when a game launches, mmo type, everyone needs to be on the same ground so they create the names they want to / reserve a few for alts and so on and on.

    furthermore, for a pvp server is important who goes ahead.. hell even for pve is in some sense.

    giving acess to only a part of the players to start the game earlier, using the date when the game was bought as a way to line up the players while every one of them has paid the same price and bought the same product, is completly retarded.

    agreed.. .. most MMOs that had terrible launches misjudged how many servers they needed, had incomplete game at launch, or just had no clue what they were doing... its not really a hard concept.. you have a stress beta to see how you need to handle your server loads and how many you need get them ready and then launch to everyone who pre-ordered.. It worked fine for rift I waited in at most 20 min or so que at most.. never had any other issue besides that..

        True, they are just overly cautious. I don't blame them, its there first time doing this and I am sure they are nervous as hell (well at least those whos jobs are on the chopping block if servers start to fail)

  • AadienAadien Roseville, CAPosts: 223Member

    My only problem i have is, my friends got in before me. So they are leveling like crazy, and i will be left behind. Instead of us lvling together. But i understand why they did this and its a good idea. Just complaing i guess

  • sanosukexsanosukex Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,836Member

    Originally posted by Aquazen

        True, they are just overly cautious. I don't blame them, its there first time doing this and I am sure they are nervous as hell (well at least those whos jobs are on the chopping block if servers start to fail)

    I understand that but MMOs have been launching for years and years it's not like this whole thing is a new concept for anyone even if the company is new to MMO's...

  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Puremallace

    Anyone else confused by these odd obsessions with watching a game die. I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of TOR, but I am no fan of it dying either. This was well unexpected, so either the thing is not tracking number correctly or they SEVERELYYYYYYY limited the number of people able to playt he game.

     

     

    Considering they have done only the first week or so of people who preordered, i'm going to say its severely limited.

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    I also know that the webpage and the in game server list were not reporting the same thing earlier. So something is wrong. My guess would be the web site, but who knows.

    My guilds shard was showing full in game but the web site said low earlier. Ive also seen it the other way around today, reporting high on the site but it was lower in game.

    I think it's safe to say that there is a problem with the site or the in game reporting.


    Anyways, none of that matters. They are letting in how many people they want and no amount of impatience is going to change that.

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 845Member

    OP - Note how the defenders excuses are now changing because as you said "the work thing didn't quite pan out"  It's now obvious that argument is moot, the servers arn't full of ques as the millions come home from work, in fact its well past time most are home from work in NA.

     

    So now we start hearing the other excuses because the original one has now been shown to be crap.  I understand the stagger, I understand early orderers get in first.  I don't understand the small amount being allowed in, or the fact that they completely stopped sending out waves at like 130 CST.

  • TealaTeala SomewherePosts: 7,430Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by crysent

    OP - Note how the defenders excuses are now changing because as you said "the work thing didn't quite pan out"  It's now obvious that argument is moot, the servers arn't full of ques as the millions come home from work, in fact its well past time most are home from work in NA.

     

    So now we start hearing the other excuses because the original one has now been shown to be crap.  I understand the stagger, I understand early orderers get in first.  I don't understand the small amount being allowed in, or the fact that they completely stopped sending out waves at like 130 CST.

    So then hate on Bioware, cancel your pre-order, and play some Skyrim.  LOL!

    image
  • PuremallacePuremallace Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,856Member

    Originally posted by crysent

    OP - Note how the defenders excuses are not changing because as you said "the work thing didn't quite pan out"  It's now obvious that argument is moot, the servers arn't full of ques as the millions come home from work, in fact its well past time most are home from work in NA.

     

    So now we start hearing the other excuses because the original one has now been shown to be crap.  I understand the stagger, I understand early orderers get in first.  I don't understand the small amount being allowed in, or the fact that they completely stopped sending out waves at like 130 CST.

    My guess is it would be completely silly to say to blow off the fact that there are still  people who have to wait from today till Dec 25th to play. This screams overly cautious to me.  Now did I expect the number of high pop server to match what I see in Rift...then sure as hell no.

     

    The reasoning that this is some sort of staggering mechanism is silly at best. The game can have up to 9? phase zones per shard holding what maybe 150-200 people per. It is a ungodly silly way to run a game, but an interesting way to avoid having to impose artifical queue's like Trion did on launch....queue of 5,000 on Briarcliff

  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Puremallace

    Originally posted by crysent

    OP - Note how the defenders excuses are not changing because as you said "the work thing didn't quite pan out"  It's now obvious that argument is moot, the servers arn't full of ques as the millions come home from work, in fact its well past time most are home from work in NA.

     

    So now we start hearing the other excuses because the original one has now been shown to be crap.  I understand the stagger, I understand early orderers get in first.  I don't understand the small amount being allowed in, or the fact that they completely stopped sending out waves at like 130 CST.

    My guess is it would be completely silly to say to blow off the fact that there are still  people who have to wait from today till Dec 25th to play. This screams overly cautious to me.  Now did I expect the number of high pop server to match what I see in Rift...then sure as hell no.

     

    The reasoning that this is some sort of staggering mechanism is silly at best. The game can have up to 9? phase zones per shard holding what maybe 150-200 people per. It is a ungodly silly way to run a game, but an interesting way to avoid having to impose artifical queue's like Trion did on launch....queue of 5,000 on Briarcliff

    25th? 

    Did you mean 20th or are you talking about people who won't be getting their boxed copy until way late?

    edit: Holiday maybe?

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    Crysent you don't know how many people got in so you can't say it's a small amount.

    They already said that preorders were frontloaded into the first few days and they let in several days worth of preorders. A lot of people ordered early.

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 845Member

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    Crysent you don't know how many people got in so you can't say it's a small amount.



    They already said that preorders were frontloaded into the first few days and they let in several days worth of preorders. A lot of people ordered early.

    Right - so why don't they just tell us how many they've allowed in?  Would that kill them?  then maybe some of us would be able to figure out when we might reasonably get in.

  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 845Member

    Originally posted by Teala

    Originally posted by crysent

    OP - Note how the defenders excuses are now changing because as you said "the work thing didn't quite pan out"  It's now obvious that argument is moot, the servers arn't full of ques as the millions come home from work, in fact its well past time most are home from work in NA.

     

    So now we start hearing the other excuses because the original one has now been shown to be crap.  I understand the stagger, I understand early orderers get in first.  I don't understand the small amount being allowed in, or the fact that they completely stopped sending out waves at like 130 CST.

    So then hate on Bioware, cancel your pre-order, and play some Skyrim.  LOL!

    I was playing skyrim until I was shot in the knee...

     

    Seriously though, I pre-ordered this game because I wanted to play it, wasn't certain that by pre-ordering I had absolutly no right to question or complain.  guess I didn't read that when I bought it.

  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Dublin, OHPosts: 3,415Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by crysent

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    Crysent you don't know how many people got in so you can't say it's a small amount.



    They already said that preorders were frontloaded into the first few days and they let in several days worth of preorders. A lot of people ordered early.

    Right - so why don't they just tell us how many they've allowed in?  Would that kill them?  then maybe some of us would be able to figure out when we might reasonably get in.

    I mean do you think they have that number readily available?   What if they just went by "well everyone who preordered by July 29th at 3pm is in now"

    Then they'd have no idea how many people that is without counting,  of course they may have a waaaay better system than that.  However, it just sounds like you are asking them to do a lot of extra work that is ultimately unnecessary

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    You'll figure it out when you get the email. Like their going to give this group of whiners any kind of indication with which to make a
    Prediction.

    As soon as the mobs speculative predictions are wrong they'll be foaming at the mouth even more.


    This crap is just silly. Patience is a virtue.

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 845Member

    Originally posted by Laughing-man

    Originally posted by crysent


    Originally posted by dubyahite

    Crysent you don't know how many people got in so you can't say it's a small amount.



    They already said that preorders were frontloaded into the first few days and they let in several days worth of preorders. A lot of people ordered early.

    Right - so why don't they just tell us how many they've allowed in?  Would that kill them?  then maybe some of us would be able to figure out when we might reasonably get in.

    I mean do you think they have that number readily available?   What if they just went by "well everyone who preordered by July 29th at 3pm is in now"

    Then they'd have no idea how many people that is without counting,  of course they may have a waaaay better system than that.  However, it just sounds like you are asking them to do a lot of extra work that is ultimately unnecessary

    Yes- Yes, I do think they have that number readily aviliable.  In fact I think they know the exact number per batch and total.  

  • TealaTeala SomewherePosts: 7,430Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by crysent

    Originally posted by Teala


    Originally posted by crysent

    OP - Note how the defenders excuses are now changing because as you said "the work thing didn't quite pan out"  It's now obvious that argument is moot, the servers arn't full of ques as the millions come home from work, in fact its well past time most are home from work in NA.

     

    So now we start hearing the other excuses because the original one has now been shown to be crap.  I understand the stagger, I understand early orderers get in first.  I don't understand the small amount being allowed in, or the fact that they completely stopped sending out waves at like 130 CST.

    So then hate on Bioware, cancel your pre-order, and play some Skyrim.  LOL!

    I was playing skyrim until I was shot in the knee...

     

    Seriously though, I pre-ordered this game because I wanted to play it, wasn't certain that by pre-ordering I had absolutly no right to question or complain.  guess I didn't read that when I bought it.

    I am sorry, I didn't mean to be all snide...I know you are frustrated.   IT really sucks that you cannot play right this moment, but hang in there, Bioware is suppose to be letting in a ton more people tomorrow.    :)

    image
  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 845Member

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    You'll figure it out when you get the email. Like their going to give this group of whiners any kind of indication with which to make a

    Prediction.



    As soon as the mobs speculative predictions are wrong they'll be foaming at the mouth even more.





    This crap is just silly. Patience is a virtue.

    So why don't you go utilize your virtous patience on something else and not read post on mmorpg.com if they infuriate you so?

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    I'm not infuriated. You are though.

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • Having "Normal" level of stress during EARLY ACCESS?? Thats riddiculous. Most players cant even play yet. There will be dead servers soon if its like this this early. And then players who will only buy or order their game after launch isnt even there. Going to be pretty darn messy if you ask me.

  • crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 845Member

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    I'm not infuriated. You are though.

    Ohhh.  One liners. Broken up.  by periods.  Now that's winning.

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member
    You generally put a period after a sentence. Like that one. Oh, there's another sentence. Wait, I just did it again.

    If you're wondering, those are complete sentences. I guess I forgot the comma before "though"

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

Sign In or Register to comment.