Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Creating the WildStar Reveal Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's WildStar Week here at MMORPG.com, and we've partnered with Carbine Studios and NCsoft to bring you a week of exclusive articles and interviews with the characters of WildStar itself. Today Matt Mocarski, Art Director, Carbine Studios takes us through the creative process behind the WildStar reveal trailer. Check it out and then let us know what you think in the comments.

Ever since we announced WildStar back in August, the press and our fans have been saying so many kind things about our trailer that I thought it might be kind of cool to give everyone a little more insight to how it came together. It all came together through the hard work of a ton of creative people.

Read more of Matt Mocarski's Creating the WildStar Reveal Trailer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60

You, sir, bring hope to the masses for new games that genuinely spark interest!  Keep up the great work, look forward to seeing/hearing more from this game!!

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

This is freakin AWESOME!!

It just looks fun.

• ZalonzaZalonza Member Posts: 17

i thought it is tara she really fit her

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

very good trailer!

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

awesome! the game just LOOKS fun. cant wait to give it a try.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

The "In my opinion, a pre-rendered game trailer should look like an idealized version of the game" attitude is I believe exactly what Blizzard did in their first two trailers for World of Warcraft and... It worked magic!  It somehow adds to the immersion imho - at least for me

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• PerfectBlendPerfectBlend Member Posts: 49

An excellent trailer, for a pretty interesting looking game.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

I'd watch this toon.

I'm interested in the game. Seems like exploration was a big talk up about the title, and I'm always up for that.

The rest of it has to be good too tho'.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• lestuslestus Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Game looks to be promising, nicely composed Trailer as well, definitely shows the efforts put in. Keep an eye on this number, might prove worthy.
  • palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Amazing Trailer. Have my eye on this game

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

Saw this trailer a while back, not sure its exactly new, but good none the less.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

I have been following this game ever since they announced it, need more sci-fi titles. However, i am afirad this game is going to get ripped into shreds by those who just can not stop harping 'WOW clone'.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

Great trailer!