Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We're being played.

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Paithan

Considering the amounth of times this has been quoted..

Yeah they did charge prior to release. Im guessing the word you are looking for is.. oops?

Like I said, they may do it differently where you are, or maybe they never release the hold on the money or something. Again, there may be some law where you are that prevents them from doing things like this. I have no idea.

What I do know, is that for the vast majority of us, the hold on the money (it wasn't a charge) was released the next business day.  

Here's what my bank shows after all is said and done:

**/**/11 CHECK CRD PURCHASE 08/13 EA * Origin.com 855-674-4461 MN        $5.28

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by BarCrow

Paithan

My bank balance said the same thing only with the $174.99 for CE. Then a day later..the $174.99 was gone. Again..your post that is suppose to be proof of one day and time in which your account was charged for the game..has dick all to do with anything....but cool story bro...tell it again.

There hasnt been a refund, but ok. The original statement was in reply to someone stating noone payed extra for the preorder.

But I thank you for acknowlaging you where wrong .

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by dubyahite

Originally posted by Paithan

Considering the amounth of times this has been quoted..

Yeah they did charge prior to release. Im guessing the word you are looking for is.. oops?

Like I said, they may do it differently where you are, or maybe they never release the hold on the money or something. Again, there may be some law where you are that prevents them from doing things like this. I have no idea.

What I do know, is that for the vast majority of us, the hold on the money (it wasn't a charge) was released the next business day.  

Here's what my bank shows after all is said and done:

**/**/11 CHECK CRD PURCHASE 08/13 EA * Origin.com 855-674-4461 MN        $5.28

Hey I dont care if they charge now or later, I'd have to pay it anyway lol.

Heck I dont even really mind not getting in right now, sure its disapointing to a degree but hardly worth complaining about imo.

From the pre-order FAQ

This will vary by retailer. If you pre-ordered The Old Republic from Origin.com, you agree to the automatic purchase of your selected edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

If you pre-ordered a physical version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.combilling system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting at December 13th at 5:00 AM PST and your copy of the Game along with the Product Registration Code will be shipped on December 16th for delivery on or near December 20th.

If you pre-ordered a digital version of the Game, the payment card that you input into the Origin.combilling system at the time of pre-order will be used to charge the remaining cost of the Game starting on December 16th and the official Game Product Registration Code of your digital edition will be emailed to the email address associated with your pre-order starting on December 16th at 8:00AM PST.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

i will laugh soooo much if that 5 buck deposit was just a scam and yas dont get to play at all AHAHAHAHAH.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by Badgered86

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one.  People would be raging and gaming media would be all over it.  That's exactly what is happening here, except many gamers and media outlets are buying it hook, line, and sinker because they've used marketing lingo to cover up what they're really doing.

Think critically.  We're being played.

Rift had pre-order early access too, they just didn't stagger it.  And they had unbelievably long queue times and a lot of pissed off people.  

I'm fine with the way they are doing it, as long as people aren't being let in the day before actual launch.

a queue is at least the ability to eventually play.  this is nothing...

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I don't think you would be any happier with hours of waiting time or the servers crashing.

That said, they announced an early start of UP TO 5 days (Now 7), so basically they didn't trick anyone. You must have assumed you would get the max amount of days for some reason.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

7 days imo is 2 much time for a head start anyway...

considering that bioware is already trying to fix 2 servers that already went down tells me bioware made the right move, Imagine if they didnt... all preoders would be on here giving it a death sentence because the servers are down.

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

[Mod Edit]

1. You preorder the product.

2. You will gain preorder bonuses (a lot of games do this)

Problem is: You did not receive the bonsues when you preordered.

What is to not understand here? The company gains many benefits from people preordering, and that is why they give you bonsues for doing so.

The company is in the wrong for disallowing the customers from accessing their bonus content. The only way to make up for this is to add an additional one week to each player's month that did not get access. I'd be pissed if I didn't get any of my preorder bonsuses too!

The people who sides with this unethical movement are either kids and/or people who have access to the game. There's just no logical proof or explanation for such an action.

Thanks to EA it's hell trying to rent or buy a used game since they charge an additional $10 for anyone trying to access the online play (we're talking consoles here).

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one.  People would be raging and gaming media would be all over it.  That's exactly what is happening here, except many gamers and media outlets are buying it hook, line, and sinker because they've used marketing lingo to cover up what they're really doing.

Rift had pre-order early access too, they just didn't stagger it.  And they had unbelievably long queue times and a lot of pissed off people.  

I'm fine with the way they are doing it, as long as people aren't being let in the day before actual launch.

The game has officially launched by their own words.  There was a cut-off point with Rift where you couldn't get into early access IIRC.  You can buy the game from Origin right now and get a "pre-order" code.  This is all just marketing covering up a staggered access launch.

So since its launched already i supose my 30 free days are ticking away already??

Oh no wait i didnt even activate the actuall game launch code that comes with the game in the  package so i suppose my 30 days are save for now....but you just said it is launched already so now i am confused....oh well w/e guess its just another worthless post the what now 100s of this kind today?? lol 

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Really long queues?  Jeez I don't remember any queues personally.  I just joined a low/med server and only encounter 1 or 2 queues total all of early access. 

The difference between launch an this EGA is that you can cancel your pre-order right now and still play. You don't even need to own the game to play in EGA.

On Dec 20th, however, if you don't pay you don't play.

Pretty big difference if you ask me.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

all I see here are sad pandas. Need hugs?

edit: yes, this is a reference to all of those WoW players complaining.

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199

The majority of MMO players are a bunch of nit picking losers.  You all laugh over  people pepper spraying each other on black friday for 2 dollar waffle makers but this thead is the virtual equivalent.

• AngelfireAngelfire Member Posts: 145

Hrmm lemme see .. they did say the game launched on the 20th .. which it still is... and they did also say early access POSSIBLY as early as the 15th (when I pre-ordered it was still 15th) .. so I am getting exactly what I expected to get. Holy hell I AM getting played... DOOOOOOOOM..

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Originally posted by eccoton

Originally posted by Soki123

If you don t like it cancel your damn pre order and don t play. This is the biggest whinefest I ve seen over absolutely nothing. You would have a right to bitch if they stated otherwise, but they didn t. Get over it, and maybe you wouldn t be so cranky and probably have a headache from refreshing your e mail all day.

Why is this such a big deal. People are to damn spoiled nowadays, they think everyone owes them the world.

Grow up and deal with it.

This is an mmo people do not deal with mmos rationally. I do wonder way EA charge an extra 5 dollars for early access. No other mmo I preorderd has ever done that. I think that makes what EA is doing with a stagger launch suspicous for many players. This is actually an interesting discussion more then it is a whinefest. People have responded to my post as if I am upset, far from it. I just think people don't get it, EA is doing this for money not charity. Nothing wrong with this they made the game to make big big bucks.

Actually it s you that doesn t get it, I m not getting charged 5 extra dollars at all. I m charge that for a pre order fee, and that comes off the total. WTF are you even going on about being charged extra. You need to get some glasses or something.

• BlackraynBlackrayn Member Posts: 142

I did not get into today's early access!

I most likely won't get in to tomorrow's early access!

I might get in on Thursday, but I'm really thinking I will get in on Friday (Pre-ordered Nov. 29th)

And I do not support the OP's post or stance on the matter!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I think it's a smart move. If you didn't get in as early as some, you should have tried harder. As long as they have all servers up and running for the official launch, then they did their job.  Sorry for all the people that didn't have enough faith to get their preorders in early enough, but apparantly those people that did wanted it more.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Originally posted by Blackrayn

I did not get into today's early access!

I most likely won't get in to tomorrow's early access!

I might get in on Thursday, but I'm really thinking I will get in on Friday (Pre-ordered Nov. 29th)

And I do not support the OP's post or stance on the matter!

It's amazing what people will do when they don't get what they want.

I did't get in either, but I expect perhaps tomorrow or the next as I ordered relatively early.

Fingers crossed!

We aren't the ones getting played, but the game SWTOR is definitely vein played right now. Which wouldn't be the case if all the servers melted and burned down the datacenter.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Imo they put this in place because it look "better" to them than having moronic queues, and that's all. From a server load point of view, staggering make no sense at all, or they can handle the load or they don't. And i hope they already know how much their server can handle, so they know very well how much they need. But its always the same for any mmo launch, why they don't have enough server, huge queues and all this crap. Its because those company have the % of player that will quit after the first few month, and they don't want to pay server for those guys and have to merge them later, that's all. They want the players to deal with it, not them. I think the Aion launch was obvious, the community literally screamed for new servers that they did give very soon, but you could just feel the resistance from NCsoft, it was obvious they didn't wanted to put new server. And for the record NC did gave new server knowing they will have to shut them down shortly. Most if not all company never did that, they just keep the QQ going.

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

We aren't the ones getting played, but the game SWTOR is definitely vein played right now. Which wouldn't be the case if all the servers melted and burned down the datacenter.

If they melted, I have a mission critical team that can bring it up again within 3 days :)

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

One thing Requaimer. The server can handle a lot more people than they let in, but the starting zones can't. That's why you see complaining that the server list shows low or med pop. Each planet is probably on separate hardware, so overall a server can handle a lot more people, but they are limiting based on the early zones.

That's why they stopped inviting. Thosenpeople n

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Originally posted by Kainis

If they melted, I have a mission critical team that can bring it up again within 3 days :)

Holy crap. could you imagine what these forums would be like if the game was down for 3 whole days? lol

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I bet most of the people complaining pre-ordered a few weeks ago too.