Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Took the Day off work and No EGA!

2»

Comments

• DrahxDrahx Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by ghettobooste

Originally posted by Nethermancer

Originally posted by Drahx

Nice, I'll probably break into my 18yo Glenlivet in a bit :-)

invite me invite me! ill bring my 18 yr old macallan SCOTH PARTAY

Not much of a drinker anymore, but my favorite Scotch by far is Laphroig ;)

It's like someone lit a peat fire in your mouth. The most awesome tasting whisky ever.

I like a light smokey flavor when I'm in that sort of mood not peaty though, I drink my "Yoichi" by Nikka Whiskey

It's a 10yo single malt, distilled in Japan from all scottish ingredients, they even sail tanker loads of water over!

It's like a very light NW island scotch

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I am waiting till the 20'th or a day two after even before i request a day off. I have no idea why you would do it sooner.

Let's just say, I make a comfortable living, I can take a few more off if I choose. 

Also, I've made good use of my day.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

It's like someone lit a peat fire in your mouth. The most awesome tasting whisky ever.

Agreed, Prince Charles has given the Laphroaig distilleries his Royal warrant and it is the only distillery to carry it since the 15yr old (sadly discontinued) is his favourite whisky. I've yet to sample the 18yr old but will soon since it's quite cheap for a malt of 18yrs, if you want to try a smooth whisky try the 21yr old Balvenie it defines the phrase "Highland cream".

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by Kuinn

Originally posted by Agricola1

Nice, I've got a bottle of,

10yr Laphroaig, 21 yr Balvenie (smoothest speyside I've ever tasted) and a 30yr Highland park which I've yet to try.

I'll probably drink the Laphroaig though,

Cheers!

Damn, nice drinks you got there! I only have a small Jim Beam's, some beer and a couple of x-mas cinnamon ciders, I guess I'll just start pouring it down as it seems no early access for me and no need to get up early tomorrow ^_^ ...oh wait, there's some left over cherry wine too *proceeds*

It "seems not" my arse, had mail open on the background, 10 seconds ago got the ding, the caps part of the message was "YOUR WAIT IS OVER" - bai!

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Agricola1

Nice, I've got a bottle of,

10yr Laphroaig, 21 yr Balvenie (smoothest speyside I've ever tasted) and a 30yr Highland park which I've yet to try.

I'll probably drink the Laphroaig though,

Cheers!

Damn, nice drinks you got there! I only have a small Jim Beam's, some beer and a couple of x-mas cinnamon ciders, I guess I'll just start pouring it down as it seems no early access for me and no need to get up early tomorrow ^_^ ...oh wait, there's some left over cherry wine too *proceeds*

It "seems not" my arse, had mail open on the background, 10 seconds ago got the ding, the caps part of the message was "YOUR WAIT IS OVER" - bai!

Sweet, congratulations and see you in game sometime tomorrow!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I like a light smokey flavor when I'm in that sort of mood not peaty though, I drink my "Yoichi" by Nikka Whiskey

It's a 10yo single malt, distilled in Japan from all scottish ingredients, they even sail tanker loads of water over!

That's why scotch is so awesome, there is such a huge range of flavors.

Another favorite of mine which wasn't so smoky is this independent bottling of 13yo Mortlach by some dude named the Wild Scotsman. That was really tasty.

• GoobGoob Member Posts: 398

Read thread title, blood pressure spiked, came in ready to flame.

AHH, what a relief, you're not a manchild. You guys should see the Bioware forums right now...!

I wanted to make a safe haven for the sane.... lol

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

if you pre-ordered in Dec you wont get in until 16/17th at earlist I figure.  I pre-ordered after the stress test once I tried the game and was pleased with what I saw then I pre-ordered few days EGA in a theme park mmorpg where we will all just hit level cap soon enough and start gear treadmill makes no big difference in the long run not a concern at all..

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I wanted to make a safe haven for the sane.... lol

Keep knockin back that whiskey and it may not be a sane thread for long.

Nothing against whiskey drinkers, of course, but my distilled of choice is still cognac and other brandies.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

real scotch drinkers know the Japs make good scotch. 

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

real scotch drinkers know the Japs make good scotch. 

Tasty stuff you guys are talking about, but expensive. A bottle of Green Spot ftw!!

It ranges, I typically keep under the $500 mark, my favorite is $250, the 21y.o Glenlivet

keep in mind, I only drink 1-3oz a week, some weeks none at all