Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Keg's End Seasonal Event Begins Dec. 14

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online team has announced that the annual Keg's End seasonal event is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, December 14th and run through Wednesday, January 4th. The event features plenty of quests, seasonal items and more.

Whether you're letting off fireworks as you charge into RvR or searching for beers on a pub crawl, there's plenty to do for Order and Destruction alike. Search out the Legendary Golden Stein to benefit from its damage boosting aura of Frothy Goodness, or compete with your friends to do the best bit of bragging the Warhammer World has ever seen.

Read more on the Warhammer Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Is there anyone left to enjoy this event?

I promise, I'm not actually trolling. I'm genuinely curious.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

the number of comments speaks for itself. shame as it was fun.

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243

Merging two more servers as of the 14th, so there's the answer. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by umcorian

Is there anyone left to enjoy this event?

I promise, I'm not actually trolling. I'm genuinely curious.

I have a trial character on Badlands, which I believe will be the lone US server. I was logged in Sunday (?) night and ran into 3 other people. Granted, this is the lowbie area. Also, there was gold-selling spam in general chat. Somebody needs to tell those guys to move along if they want to increase profit margins.

Is too bad really, I was just starting to really get into the game.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

Really a shame, this was one of my favorite seasonal events.  Every year I'd log in late at night after work and venture out into the pvp lakes to hunt down giants.

I had a blast soloing these massive brutes while scrapping with the occasional like minded pvpers, was a good mix of pve/pvp.  

I didn't bother to resub this fall after my summer work season slowed down because I just couldn't justify supporting the game I loved when it was being so blatantly mishandled by the wet-brained, window lickers at Mythic.  

In fact, the way this game has been mishandled is the sole reason I won't play SWTOR, Bioware was at the helm, calling the shots, when the queen of xbox achievement tweets herself, the one "in charge" @ Mythic,  wasted precious resources developing a freakin' MOBA nobody wanted instead of making improvements to the game the customers had held aloft for the better part of 3 years.  

Yeah, I'm not bitter, lol.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Such a shame, but a pvp centric game game has no chance with two opponents.  They even proved that with their prior game DAoC.

I just chalk this up to working with Games Workshop.  They are said to be a real pain to work with.  Which is why Warhammer 40k will also be a dismal failure.

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

LOL this is the same event they have been doing since launch.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    according to their forum everyone's bother & sister are moving to SWTOR.
  • BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

After 2 months of SWTOR where do they go?

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

SWTOR is goona end up like WAR mark my words !!!

• tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

They abandoned this game for a stupid fucking MOBA. If SWTOR bombs I'll disown Mythic/Bioware and never trust them again.

I'm really hoping that they use the profits from SWTOR, provided it's a hit, to begin work on WAR and to maybe gain both the sci-fi and the fantasy side of the MMO coin; I doubt the possibility though.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I used to love this event when the game was alive

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Man they need to make this game F2P ASAP, This is a huge fail of a game and will never and i mean NEVER grow as a P2P game, its just impossible to do so. On the other hand as a F2p it can really get popular and having a cash-shop will really increase the money they get from the game, they will make more profit rather easily.

• Urs4evrUrs4evr Member Posts: 2

There are lots of people playing on the server.... More than ever! I prefer to not have large masses of  what I call the head basher super twinks that simply do nothing but make the T1 lake nearly impossible to play. There are now more people playing in T2 and T3 lakes and it seems easier to form and maintain a war band. My only complaint is that there are so many 'free' players that a lot of the server power is used by them.... And they do not participate in live events because they can't fly.... thay can't leave Nordland. SO therefore they refuse to do much more than try and stop anyone else who may be trying to complete the Keg End Live event. Also, for all those who keep screaming for the F2P (free to play) well get a grip.... This game is struggling now because of all the free 'TWINK" accounts. If they were smart they would cap them sooner and lower the RR cap for them. As it is... I know some paid members who have left because the ridiculous amount of 'Super Twinks" in the Nordland T1 lake. I also think that they should not be allowed to recieve mail either... I mean seriously, they set up transactions and have stuff mailed to them that they themselve could never have access to since they can not leave T1. My opinion.... love the server merger.... love the Keg End Live Event.... Hate the twink accounts... think it should be more limited than it is!  BTW... if the game wasn't still alive, why did my guild jump 2 ranks in the past 3 days? Looks like there's a lot of people on line and playing to me! 

• Urs4evrUrs4evr Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

LOL this is the same event they have been doing since launch.

Yes... it is... and just like Christmas every year, there are trees and presents, and such.... lol It's a Holiday tradition in the game! I love it! It is fun and entertaining!