Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst mmo launch ever?

Comments

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I have to agree not giving everyone that pre-ordered an early access code is beyond retarded.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

ok. too long didnt read

i think the wave invitation is a good way to not over flow the servers

So What Now?

• amimiaamimia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by evemaster00

Originally posted by Rzep

ToRs release date is 20th of December...till then stfu.

Really? The game isn't released yet? Then why are people playing now? Because they launched it early, it's called Early Access. Usually early access is given to all preorder customers, and not in a retardedly staggered fashion. I suppose EA knew the SWTOR servers are crap and would break though? Heaven bid more than a few servers break low pop :o

Technically the site still says the early access isnt until the 15th, so i look at it as bioware is being nice and letting people in slowly so there isnt issues with server load before the actual start of early access. WOW a company that is actually thinking, hmmm who would have thought lol.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Hrica

....apparently as not seen to many game launches

I've been in most AAA mmo launches and several smaller ones for more than a decade. This is the first time i've not actually been able to play from the start of early access, in my books, that makes this the worst mmo launch ever, for me, and anyone else in my shoes.

Like a 2 year old having a tantrum...

Worst MMO launch ever...FOR YOU...because you don't get what you want. How about wanting the game to have a smooth launch so it does well and holds on to a decent subscriber base so all of us players can enjoy it and the updates for years to come?

Originally posted by Hrica

....apparently as not seen to many game launches

I've been in most AAA mmo launches and several smaller ones for more than a decade. This is the first time i've not actually been able to play from the start of early access, in my books, that makes this the worst mmo launch ever, for me, and anyone else in my shoes.

Why so angry if you look at the site it still says early access is 5 days before the 20th. now yes they came out and said they were doing the waves starting the 13th. so if you get into today then you got in 2 days before, if not until tomorrow then you got in a day before and if you dont get in until the 15th well you got in as advertise originally. Also Bioware has said from the start they were doing the early access and betas this way so why you crying. I quit playing EQ 2 because they had a 3 day server shut down after launch so i think this idea is a lot better.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1854

See above thread on SWTOR forum, the overwhelming majority of posters agree that the staggered launch method they've used is actually worst than the server queues and lag that would have been if they had just let everybody in.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

The biggest issue I see with working the launch this way, is by the time the majority of players are able to log in (A PVP server mind you), there will already be maxed level "leets" running around ganking people because they have no end game content to do.

So log in day 1, get to first contested planet, get killed over and over again by someone who has nothing better to do because he's been playing for the last 7 days straight... Nope, can't see anything wrong with that scenario.

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

See above thread on SWTOR forum, the overwhelming majority of posters agree that the staggered launch method they've used is actually worst than the server queues and lag that would have been if they had just let everybody in.

Had they not staggered the launch people would be posting about how BW should have come up with some sort of staggered launch to avoid ques and lag.

again please look at the site, what does it actually say early access is?

Originally posted by Ubermeh

Had they not staggered the launch people would be posting about how BW should have come up with some sort of staggered launch to avoid ques and lag.

they did on the first stress test lol. so you cant ever win with gamers lol.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

OP - If it makes you feel better my Sith Inquisitor has just levelled again - probably won't though thinking about it.

I did the real sneaky trick of pre-ordering straightaway, yep I know, but that is the dark side for you.

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE SWTOR AGREE THAT THEY WOULD HAVE PREFERED A LAUNCH WITH LAG AND SERVER QUEUES THAN THE SITUATION WE HAVE NOW - I SUPPOSE THEY'RE ALL TROLLING?

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Good lord, you ll all be able to play soon. Maybe take a break from refreshing your e mail all day and go do something. It s a game, you ll survive without it. I could care less if I get in today or not.

Why so angry, it s really not a big deal.

• MyGaronaMyGarona Member Posts: 139
    Folks get server stability and can cycle through starter areas in waves - what dreadful concepts.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Not even worth reading past the title, the day has barely begun. So far things are going as planned. So far this is not even remotely close to the worst launch ever.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

To the people that are going to wait for days to get to play will be the worse launch ever.  To people that will get to play the full 7 days, it will be the best launch ever.   I am assuming...

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Ubermeh

So true.

Plus then the devs panic and open a whole load of servers to alleviate queue frustration only to merge them months later (see Rift).

• BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83

Obvious troll is obvious.  Not sure why everyone is feeding this guy.

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE SWTOR AGREE THAT THEY WOULD HAVE PREFERED A LAUNCH WITH LAG AND SERVER QUEUES THAN THE SITUATION WE HAVE NOW - I SUPPOSE THEY'RE ALL TROLLING?

lol now this is getting funny...all caps this time. I understand your angry but dude i did the first stress test and the server loads were really bad and they let everyone in at the same time. I seen this same thread during that time. So they stated early on they didnt want the happening so they decided to let people in on waves before actually early access date to try to prevent this from happening again. just go play some xbox or another mmo. its going to be ok.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

They could just be dumb. Or possibly (gasp) a vocal minority? Can it be? A small percentage of the people who want to play express their opinion loudly and repeatedly? I don't know, that might be crazy talk there...

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Yeah five hour queues and constant server crashes is a much better solution.

The game isn't even officially out yet.  Relax.  If you can't play on the 20th, then maybe you have some room to complain.

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by Soki123

Good lord, you ll all be able to play soon. Maybe take a break from refreshing your e mail all day and go do something. It s a game, you ll survive without it. I could care less if I get in today or not.

Why so angry, it s really not a big deal.

Exactly...

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Man am I enjoying this... I cancelled my preordered CE and I still got in on the first wave lol...

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Joy for them, what are you 4...grow up and have some patience.

Meanwhile, even though I have access, I'm going to not play for now and get some sleep instead, just to spite your ignorance!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Originally posted by lizardbones

They could just be dumb. Or possibly (gasp) a vocal minority? Can it be? A small percentage of the people who want to play express their opinion loudly and repeatedly? I don't know, that might be crazy talk there...

It s only 5 pages of whiners, not like it s 100 pages already. It s just like you said a vocal minority.

This discussion has been closed.