Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First wave complete - server pops all low/few medium. This could be major fail.

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Originally posted by adam_nox

the fact that all preorders didn't get access at the same time, coupled with apparently no server opening staggering, is a massive fail by itself.

I spent more than 15 minutes on que to log on to SWTOR website just a while ago. Bioware may have to limit the amount of people they give access simply because their account and login database couldn't handle everything at once.

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by fiontar

An hour should be more than enough time for people to start to filter out of the starter zones and the next wave to come in. They must be having other issues if there still isn't a second wave.

You gotta love baseless assumptions such as this. It all boils down to "You're not playing when you had hoped to be playing, so it MUST be Bioware's fault and they messed something up". You'll get in when you are meant to get in, in the meantime, there's a world out there...

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by evemaster00

Originally posted by denshing

WoW didn't actually have that many preorders. Games like Aion and Warhammer had the kind of numbers SWTOR had and those games didn't need to do a silly staggered launch and those games launched without any serious issues.

Aion your joking right? That was throw the monitor out the window excrutiating in starter zones especially before they tinkered with dynamic layering and spawns.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Nazgol

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by denshing

So far all this sending the invites out in waves thing has accomplished is giving a headstart to the lucky few. The majority of servers are still low pop, a few are medium. If it stays like this for a few hours then this is going to be major fail.

Do you want them to open the game to everybody at the same time, like WoW did, and have like 50 repeat server shutdowns and 20 hour queu's?

The game officially releases on the 20th, I'd say this is pretty damn good to slowly open the flood gates.

I played wow day one and it wasn't nearly as bad as you and others like to exagerrate.  And they had half the servers swtor has up already.

Wasn't that bad, huh?  I'd consider it bad if a company has to refund playing time to its customers, which is what Blizzard had to do for WoW.

That and the hour long ques they had, and the loot bug.

Ahhh Good old times.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by fiontar

An hour should be more than enough time for people to start to filter out of the starter zones and the next wave to come in. They must be having other issues if there still isn't a second wave.

Have you played any of this game at all?  An hour doesn't even touch the surface in terms of getting out of the starter zone.  It takes several hours at least, and even more than that if you are letting the cutscenes play out.  

Some of you people are incredible.  

Sorry for my use of terminology. I should have said "spread out with in the starter zones". As far as an hour not being enough to actually transition what we usually expect as a "tutorial zone", that's due to bad MMO design. Most know to have a 15 to 20 minute tutorial instance before letting characters loose into a zone that occupies your first couple of hours of play.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by fadis

I pre-ordered on 7/22... though strangely in the code redemption section it shows a "pre-order redemption on 7/22... but an early access redemption on 11/2... huh?"

Mine is similar it says that I entered the pre-order code on 7/29 and that on 11/2: "Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch"  So I think it just means that was the time when we could download the client and start patching it for the launch maybe?  I dunno, I was always reading that it mattered when you entered your pre-order code so as long as that date is correct then everything should be fine.  Of course if you don't get in til 12/19 feel free to break me in half.

• Originally posted by evemaster00

I'm also reading that some people who preordered as late as september and even december are in game right now. Explain that one.

They are pulling your leg. Don't believe it.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

So far all this sending the invites out in waves thing has accomplished is giving a headstart to the lucky few. The majority of servers are still low pop, a few are medium. If it stays like this for a few hours then this is going to be major fail.

Jumping to wild conclusions as a direct result of a lack of any type of understnading is "fail."

Why did they gate entry?

Why did they extend it?

Why did it start at the hour it did?

This seems like it was a planned move based on years of consistent pre-order and gaming pattern data. The number seem normal for the first day of a gated entry at 7AM on a Tuesday morning.

It would be interesting to hear your reasoning for why that wouldn't be the case.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

it's only "fail" because the OP isn't in yet image

Other than that, things are going exactly as Bioware stated they would.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Second wave is out

@SWTOR The Old Republic

The second wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent. As always, check your spam folders!

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Registered code 5:01 PM EST 7.21.2011 and just got in on the second wave. Hopefully all the first day people are in with this wave, if not...

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

It is a Tuesday morning.   I would not be surprised if many of the people that pre-ordered, are unable to log in right now do to real life -- work, getting children to school, etc.

I think 'prime time' and 'weekend' server numbers would be a better measure of the 'success', at this point.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Hey, guys!  Just peeking in to see if the servers are still Low/Med? The OP said that if it stayed If it stays like that for a few hours then this is going to be major fail and I know the whole first day was kinda Low/Medium.

Is SWTOR looking like a major fail right now?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

OP is full of steaming piles of you know what.

Last night all the servers were full.  I got botted becasue our internet went down for 2 hours came back, all the survers were full and there was a que to log in.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Hey, guys!  Just peeking in to see if the servers are still Low/Med? The OP said that if it stayed If it stays like that for a few hours then this is going to be major fail and I know the whole first day was kinda Low/Medium.

Is SWTOR looking like a major fail right now?

Nah, just staggered launch is worse than regular, otherwise everything is fine if you dont mind waiting hour or two in a queue after waiting for few days to gain ability to join a queue at all :)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Eh? Yes, that's why I was in a damn 2 hours queue yesterday, because the servers are already dying out.. yeah. o.0

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Clearly the troll, errr, OP is in the game now so we can all stop with this absurd thread now.

Look at any of the other discussions Evemaster has started and learn to disregard like the rest of us have.

• MadragonMadragon Member UncommonPosts: 42

*Yawn*

Trolls and nerd rage...oh my

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

And ignore a post on the internetz?

How dare you!

*emphasizes and shakes fist*

How dare you!

• MyGaronaMyGarona Member Posts: 139
    An hour and 45 minutes in queue last night. Time for some Skyrim after all. Good times. :-)
  • KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

Saturday Dec. 17th 10:00 AM PST

67 North American servers with half at Standard and the other half Full to Very Full (about 15% to 20% with a wait time).

Not a fail.

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by Keogh

67 North American servers with half at Standard and the other half Full to Very Full (about 15% to 20% with a wait time).

Not a fail.

actually now that there are queues its fail

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Originally posted by Keogh

Not a fail.

Im not seeing any full American servers, just EU servers. 

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Misfit702

I'm also reading that some people who preordered as late as september and even december are in game right now. Explain that one.

I pre-ordered as soon as they came out in July and registered my code and no invite here...  Maybe these are long time beta testers?

You still didn't get in ?

Try to login, otherwise I would contact support because they are saying everyone is in now.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Entropy14

Ya for sure , imagine that at this time of the  day, 7am est , that the servers on a tuesday morning are not full.

Also probably a few people not able to get in due to the fact that thousands are trying to access the site all at the same time.

This game will be MAJOR fail, only 2 million people will be playing by the 20th. Shame on you guys , should of had at least 50 million copies sold by now to consider this a success.

This game is MAJOR fail. There should be 17 billion people playing MINIMUM, and if there isn't, then Bioware obviously has done a terrible job.