Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First wave complete - server pops all low/few medium. This could be major fail.

Comments

• SethiusXSethiusX Member Posts: 171

Originally posted by evemaster00

Originally posted by Misfit702

I'm also reading that some people who preordered as late as september and even december are in game right now. Explain that one.

I pre-ordered as soon as they came out in june and registered my code and no invite here...  Maybe these are long time beta testers?

I can confirm that is not the case, i am a long time full beta tester and I did not get instant access.

You preordered among the earliest people and did not get in, while some people who preordered months later in sept/dec did. So much for doing it based on date of code redemption.

Yeah prove that anyone who pre-ordered months later is getting in. Seriously, prove it. I would love to see it. Really, I would, because I pre-ordered months later and I know I am not in.

I also know from Reddit that the only people saying they are in pre-ordered on 7/21... everyone from 7/22 on so far has said they are not in yet.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by gavotte1

This is silly. Both my brother and husband both got in the first wave and I didn't. We all registered first day.

Silly.

Silly.

Silly.

You're not the first person I've heard this happened to.  This makes no sense at all.  Did they pull the names out of a hat or what?

• dunemeerlindunemeerlin Member Posts: 18

The point is they didn't need to stagger things like this, not with the time of day they chose to launch. I bet you that at least half the people flagged to play right now arn't around at this time. This is evident by the low server populations.

Have you ever thought that the servers are low and medium pop because they are staggering things?

Maybe their letting the first batch us people log in, than they will open another flood gate.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

I heard that people with pink dogs that like spaghetti and green pullovers are already in and playing despite having pre-ordered late. Sorry but that makes about as much sense as the claims voiced here. Less complaining, less whining, less moaning... it's a damn game.

There will be several waves during the day whenever Bioware feels that there is space for it so cut out any assumptions there. Just wait and see.

Early Game Access emails will be going out in multiple waves throughout the day. You will be emailed the same day your access starts.
  • Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

This is silly. Both my brother and husband both got in the first wave and I didn't. We all registered first day.

Silly.

Silly.

Silly.

Did you register at the same time?  I registered first day about 5pm EST, and I'm not in yet, either.

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Silly.

Silly.

Silly.

You're not the first person I've heard this happened to.  This makes no sense at all.  Did they pull the names out of a hat or what?

Maybe they let in like 100k people, and based on time she did not get in because she registered it after the first 100k. Let's not jump to conclusions yet.

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

I can confirm that is not the case, i am a long time full beta tester and I did not get instant access.

You preordered among the earliest people and did not get in, while some people who preordered months later in sept/dec did. So much for doing it based on date of code redemption.

I hope you're not taking people's word for it.   You know, those people going around this forum lieing about getting in with an extremely late preorder date.

I know the first thing I'd do when getting into early access is rush to the forums and troll, I mean, tell people I'm in with a late preorder date instead playing the actual game.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

The whole world comes to a complete stand still for SWTOR. People cease going to work, teenagers decide to skip school, obligations to family and friends are forgotten all for a computer game. Of course not lol. Its 12:42 here in the UK, which means its the early hours of the morning in America, so no people aren't going to rush to it and put their entire lives on hold, it will pick up tonight.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

So far all this sending the invites out in waves thing has accomplished is giving a headstart to the lucky few. The majority of servers are still low pop, a few are medium. If it stays like this for a few hours then this is going to be major fail.

You do realise not everyone is spamming there mail refresh button to play the instant they get the mail right? In the EU most people actually work right now and believe in the US they just waking up getting ready for work.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Only 1 wave has been confirmed as sent, servers are low/medium and you're saying this coul be a fail?

Eh?

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

I'm also reading that some people who preordered as late as september and even december are in game right now. Explain that one.

A disproportionat number of trolls that hang out in forums when they can not get in?

• gavotte1gavotte1 Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Silly.

Silly.

Silly.

Did you register at the same time?  I registered first day about 5pm EST, and I'm not in yet, either.

My husband and I registered at the same time...together. My brother registered about 5ish or so hours after us.

I wasn't a long-time beta tester, but I did get invited to 2 weekend betas (in addition to the "everybody pre-ordered" beta).

Don't mind me though, I'm just greatly jealous that my husband is sitting next to me playing while I get to vent in a forum :p

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I really don't understand why they couldn't have sent the access emails in advance....

Actually I do know why.. they wanted everyone to be hammering their site and talking about SWTOR so they can then do a press release a week later saying how many people hit their site, how it broke from the load and how they trended the world over on twitter.

Even though its annoying a lot of their customers. PR machines suck.

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Silly.

Silly.

Silly.

Clear case of Bro's before Ho's...

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by eric1000

So far all this sending the invites out in waves thing has accomplished is giving a headstart to the lucky few. The majority of servers are still low pop, a few are medium. If it stays like this for a few hours then this is going to be major fail.

What's fail about it?   Better them do it this way than let everyone swamp the server at once and probably bring it screaching to a halt.

I don't know about you but part of the fun of a launch of a new MMO is the mad rush you get when you tons of players in the newbie zones.   It's part of the excitement and rush people get.  I am seeing live streamers playing and the zones are dead.  It's almost like playing a single player game, which defeats the purpose of an MMO.   No excitement whatsoever...

This is starting be a bore fest honestly.  All the  triple A MMOs I played at launch had this great excitement as people compete at the same time and move on to the next time. 

• AshaneFBAshaneFB Member UncommonPosts: 10

Well, on our server, there are currently 56 people (Empire) playing.

Yeah.. 56. Talk about not stressing the servers.

• gavotte1gavotte1 Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by eric1000

What's fail about it?   Better them do it this way than let everyone swamp the server at once and probably bring it screaching to a halt.

What's fail? The fact that Bioware just can't communicate, I suppose. It'd be nice if that did any of the following:

e-mail us ahead of time for our early access time

post when the next wave will be accepted

have a consistant working website with decent information...
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

It won't be a major fail.  They learned from Blizzards mistake when they released WOW.  They are hoping players will move through the zones and move to the higher level areas.  They are playing it safe.

I only preordered last night and so I won't get in any time soon.  But I'm hoping to get enough time to not have to deal with tons of players in the lower areas.

They will still likely run into problems on release day, but they are certainly minimizing those with the staggered release.

They also just posted on twitter that there will be mulitple email waves thru the day.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

From SR:

So @rockjaw what's up with these people claiming the redeemed early access codes in October or later and they're in before July peeps?

Well, according to the database pull, they're mistaken.

• dunemeerlindunemeerlin Member Posts: 18

So @rockjaw what's up with these people claiming the redeemed early access codes in October or later and they're in before July peeps?

@coreydowning Well, according to the database pull, they're mistaken.

about the trolls lol

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

^^

What they said.

• DeadlyByDezDeadlyByDez Member Posts: 152

I am confused.....can someone tell me where the fail is here? Or am i getting too old to undersatnd sarcasm?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Before 7AM (server time), on the first day of the week.

Let's just say any conclusions you might try to draw this early are...premature.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

I am confused.....can someone tell me where the fail is here? Or am i getting too old to undersatnd sarcasm?

The fail is not letting everyone in at one time and the servers dying and people not being able to play all day. Or they could do what they are doing now. I got my e-mail but stuck at work for 2 more hours :(

In Bioware we trust!

Originally posted by Boompje

From SR:

Well, according to the database pull, they're mistaken.

Thank-you, i was just going to post this. Deserves quoting so everyone sees it.