Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First wave complete - server pops all low/few medium. This could be major fail.

So far all this sending the invites out in waves thing has accomplished is giving a headstart to the lucky few. The majority of servers are still low pop, a few are medium. If it stays like this for a few hours then this is going to be major fail.

Comments

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

I'm also reading that some people who preordered as late as september and even december are in game right now. Explain that one.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Originally posted by evemaster00

So far all this sending the invites out in waves thing has accomplished is giving a headstart to the lucky few. The majority of servers are still low pop, a few are medium. If it stays like this for a few hours then this is going to be major fail.

What's fail about it?   Better them do it this way than let everyone swamp the server at once and probably bring it screaching to a halt.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Seriously? We have no idea how many they invited. Also, half the world is still asleep, getting ready for a normal day at work etc....

Gee Whiz....

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Ya for sure , imagine that at this time of the  day, 7am est , that the servers on a tuesday morning are not full.

Also probably a few people not able to get in due to the fact that thousands are trying to access the site all at the same time.

This game will be MAJOR fail, only 2 million people will be playing by the 20th. Shame on you guys , should of had at least 50 million copies sold by now to consider this a success.

• dunemeerlindunemeerlin Member Posts: 18

I pre-ordered in September, I don't have early access.

Originally posted by Digna

Seriously? We have no idea how many they invited. Also, half the world is still asleep, getting ready for a normal day at work etc....

Gee Whiz....

Exactly, they chose this time of day to launch it on purpose, because they knew most people wouldn't even be able to play right now, so why even bother inviting people in waves atall? I'm sure the servers could hold a lot more people than they have currently. It's just giving a headstart to the lucky few.

• Misfit702Misfit702 Member Posts: 15

I'm also reading that some people who preordered as late as september and even december are in game right now. Explain that one.

I pre-ordered as soon as they came out in July and registered my code and no invite here...  Maybe these are long time beta testers?

• shadowmageshadowmage Member UncommonPosts: 196

They have to be doing it by guild pre-reg. That is the only thing I can think of. As they are not bringing up all the servers now they must have loaded the servers by guild and then started adding people from those guilds.

Emissary of Istaria
    imageimage

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

guessing their plans could melt my brain,

this rolling start is what? clear out the starting zones for more? when I get in Ill piss about for ages picking my server and name, looks...dunno im so pissed not to be in

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

that would be really low...can't log in with my 22.07 pre order ^^

Originally posted by Misfit702

I pre-ordered as soon as they came out in june and registered my code and no invite here...  Maybe these are long time beta testers?

I can confirm that is not the case, i am a long time full beta tester and I did not get instant access.

You preordered among the earliest people and did not get in, while some people who preordered months later in sept/dec did. So much for doing it based on date of code redemption.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

I pre-ordered on 7/22... though strangely in the code redemption section it shows a "pre-order redemption on 7/22... but an early access redemption on 11/2... huh?"

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

um..........I have to work you know, wait

ALOT of people have to work.  its not going anywhere.

Originally posted by zymurgeist

You're grasping at straws. The servers are getting hammered so hard I can't even get to the server status page. It'll be rough but they'll get through it.

Yeah a few hundred thousand people are hammering the website hoping they'll soon get in. What exactly did this staggered waves thing achieve again?

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

So the servers don't crash and burn. durr

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182

Do you understand "Sending out waves" ? ...

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Lol lets face it , with all the crazy fans out there, it will take a couple days to get all this under control and stable, not much you can do when that many people are trying to get in at once.

And yes they probably could get the hardware to allow 2 million people in at once, but since this will only happen for the 1st little bit, pretty hard to justify spending millions for a minor hicup that will only happen on start up.

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

"SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon!"

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Misfit702

I pre-ordered as soon as they came out in june and registered my code and no invite here...  Maybe these are long time beta testers?

I can confirm that is not the case, i am a long time full beta tester and I did not get instant access.

You preordered among the earliest people and did not get in, while some people who preordered months later in sept/dec did. So much for doing it based on date of code redemption.

I'd take people saying they pre-ordered in Setember and December and got in with a pinch of salt. The only site i'd trust for people who got in all pre-ordered on the 21st July, the day pre-orders went live.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Working as intended.  They are filling them slowly so the servers don't go 'BOOM'.  I imagine once the starting area is cleared out a bit, they'll let more in.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

OP, are you sure you're not simply upset and angry at not being "in" yet? Just wait!

The point is they didn't need to stagger things like this, not with the time of day they chose to launch. I bet you that at least half the people flagged to play right now arn't around at this time. This is evident by the low server populations.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

The point is they didn't need to stagger things like this, not with the time of day they chose to launch. I bet you that at least half the people flagged to play right now arn't around at this time. This is evident by the low server populations.

A server can have a medium pop and still crash if every single player is in the same zone.  They are keeping them lower on purpose.

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Working as intended.  They are filling them slowly so the servers don't go 'BOOM'.  I imagine once the starting area is cleared out a bit, they'll let more in.

The starting areas are instanced, in beta there was something like 20 starting area instances for each zone each containing up to 150 people.

• gavotte1gavotte1 Member Posts: 7

This is silly. Both my brother and husband both got in the first wave and I didn't. We all registered first day.

Silly.

Silly.

Silly.