Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Game Access

2»

Comments

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by brutality123

Originally posted by Lesrach

I ordered 21st July.

email and servers go up at 12:00 GMT.

I wont be waiting for an email..  I'm going to fire up the client and start trying to get in.

My mate ordered the same time but didn't realize he had to enter his pre-order code for a few months...  I hardly ever bring this up at every single opportunity

I'm with your friend here image

TBH I think it will only be one or two days at most before everyone is in.  They said that there are fewer pre-orders then there were players in the beta weekend and that was only staggered over 2 days so you should be in pretty soon.

Im with you on this:

People who used to play in Big WoW Server did have queues but once fixed, the same large of players would log in , in rush hours, as usually and with no problems. Thats how all games go.

So yeah . 15minutes to 1hour(why so long) early access rows but DAYS? it wont happen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

things getting hawt eh ^^

i hope i can play by thursday as i preordered late :(

Minecraft, Fallen Earth, Black Prophecy in the meantime ...

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Just got an email.... from some russian bird, apparently she love me? 

Nice, I just won the Nigerian Lottery :D Just got to send them my bank details now, yay :)

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

Originally posted by Minn

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Just got an email.... from some russian bird, apparently she love me? 

Nice, I just won the Nigerian Lottery :D Just got to send them my bank details now, yay :)

I'd advise the Nigerian maffia to send you an email about SW:TOR. "Click this link to start playing SWTOR now"

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by flaZh

Originally posted by Kabaal

Nope, the emails don't start going out until 12 gmt.

Exactly, so I don't expect start playing from 12..

Just think how long it's going to take their mail server to send out all those messages :D

Pray they aren't using outlook

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

just a quick question people :

-)when you havent received the early acces e-mail, the launcher is going to give u :

"there is no active subscription on this account , Activate your accout here "    yes or no?

-)for ppl having to play right now , do we have to download more ?

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Originally posted by ipeka

Originally posted by NasherUK

Just think how long it's going to take their mail server to send out all those messages :D

ooo man , their website just crashed .

http://www.swtor.com/

"SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon!"

Nooooooo! There are still more friday updates! Get the website back up please... o wait... game is going live... dude... sweet...

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Incomparable

Originally posted by ipeka

Originally posted by NasherUK

ooo man , their website just crashed .

http://www.swtor.com/

"SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon!"

Nooooooo! There are still more friday updates! Get the website back up please... o wait... game is going live... dude... sweet...

yea ...lol...moment i posted this , the website just came back online ....

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

From Twitter:

Emails have not yet been sent. We will notify you when the first batch goes out!

Early Game Access emails will be going out in multiple waves throughout the day. You will be emailed the same day your access starts.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by Lesrach

I ordered 21st July.

email and servers go up at 12:00 GMT.

I wont be waiting for an email..  I'm going to fire up the client and start trying to get in.

My mate ordered the same time but didn't realize he had to enter his pre-order code for a few months...  I hardly ever bring this up at every single opportunity

I'm with your friend here image

Regrettably I am in the same boat. So while  I should be playing in approximately 55 mins...I'll go make toast instead. *sigh*

• AJ2MEAJ2ME Member Posts: 71

I wouldn't hold my breath, as the digital download sites are listing the game as unreleased and until you pay for the game you won't be getting in. Plus they have always stated UP TO 5 DAYS. I don't think that they will allow people in today and then locked them out for 2 days till the game is "officially" released.

• ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by AJ2ME

I wouldn't hold my breath, as the digital download sites are listing the game as unreleased and until you pay for the game you won't be getting in. Plus they have always stated UP TO 5 DAYS. I don't think that they will allow people in today and then locked them out for 2 days till the game is "officially" released.

Seems you arent up to date

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code.    Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

System Specc
    Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
    16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
    Nvidia GTX 780

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Originally posted by AJ2ME

What are you talking about?

1) The game is downloadable from swtor.com as soon as you've registered your early game access code there

2) An e-mail was sent to all who had registered their early game access codes that the early access starts 13. December 12.00 GMT

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Dont forget folks that are playing this game. They did say that you can also check your launcher. If the play button is active you are good to go. They said that emails may come well after you are flagged for EGA. So just one more thing for you to keep doing, closing and starting your launcher and logging in every 5-10 min lmao.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

theres no need to check your launcer yet, 1 hour 21 minutes until they flip the switches to ON

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

They 'flip the switch' at 7AM est. approx 35 minutes.

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Originally posted by Lashley

I redeemed mine the 9th of September, so I have no chance

I'm fairly positive most people who pre-ordered will be in within 24-48 hours of release. They'll want to keep their initial wave of customers happy. Promising false head-starts wouldn't be a good way to go about it. 

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Originally posted by Speedhaak

Originally posted by Lashley

I redeemed mine the 9th of September, so I have no chance

I'm fairly positive most people who pre-ordered will be in within 24-48 hours of release. They'll want to keep their initial wave of customers happy. Promising false head-starts wouldn't be a good way to go about it. 

Heres hoping

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Rockjaw Stephen Reid 

WAIT 30 MINUTES I'M NOT READY WAIT

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

Chin up dude. Positive thinking. Besides, you'll be laughing at this in a few years [or months] when you're bored with TOR and are thinking back to that day when you were hunced over your PC. Spamming F5 on your Gmail account ;)

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Speedhaak

Chin up dude. Positive thinking. Besides, you'll be laughing at this in a few years [or months] when you're bored with TOR and are thinking back to that day when you were hunced over your PC. Spamming F5 on your Gmail account ;)

gmail automatically updates each time you get a new email. You could bring up gmail in a tab, do something elsein another tab. When you get a new email you'll see a (1) so it'll look ilke this.

Gmail - inbox (1) - email [email protected]

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.