Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Discussion "The Fatman"

Great name or the greatest name?

Out of all the great Starwars names and characters used for servers this one seemed to really call me. It lured me in with a sense of hope and candy. I am wondering if this will be the go to server to play on for everyone the second servers are up and running as it has such wide appeal.

Comments

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65

I will agree, its certainly a name that catches the eye. I think it is named after one of the Republic Smuggler's ships (from one of the books) if I recall. But yeah, great name.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Naww !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

• Originally posted by Brisky29

I will agree, its certainly a name that catches the eye. I think it is named after one of the Republic Smuggler's ships (from one of the books) if I recall. But yeah, great name.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fat_Man

If you are interested in possibilities of the namesake.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Cool name indeed but I'm afraid hawt gamr grlz *coughs* I mean female gamers, will avoid it as the plague. PVP and a referal to male obesity must surely be detracting aspects in most of their perceptions. V_V

• Originally posted by DarkPony

Cool name indeed but I'm afraid hawt gamr grlz *coughs* I mean female gamers, will avoid it as the plague. PVP and a referal to male obesity must surely be detracting aspects in most of their perceptions. V_V

Don't think any girl playing SWTOR is going to be repulsed by that idea as I am sure they have all seen Malakili the rancor handler and had some dirty thoughts come to their mind for sure. No woman can refute that claim because it is 100% scientific proven fact.

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

It's the name of Zeerid Korr's ship in the book, Star Wars The Old Republic Deceived by Paul S. Kemp. 

He is a smuggler, once Republic Military. Interesting character.

For those like me to lazy to follow the link.

And no, I'm not a total Star Wars nerd, I just finished reading the book for some lore for the game.

Really! I swear!

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

And we haven't even got into female Hutt fetishes yet.

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by Brisky29

Ah thats interesting! 

• Originally posted by DashiDMV

And we haven't even got into female Hutt fetishes yet.

Seems like I have some googling to do then as that seems like hillarity may ensue.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

So, let's see who's first to register the name 'Fatman' for their toon :)

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

They should make this server where you can select body type 4 only.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by Brisky29

Odd the wiki makes up such a story about The Fat Man. The pic is of the original actor playing the original concept of Jabba the Hutt. Lucas changed the concept and deleted that scene from the original movie. In the updated release the scene was added again but this time they digitally added Jabba.

Basically that character never really existed ... yet it seems the very existance of the scene (despite never being released) makes the uber geeks want to make up stories about it. This would make sense it the scene weren't redone entirely thus making it no longer canon. 

Unless my history of that scene is entirely wrong (despite it being right from Lucas's lips) it rather annoys me that that wiki entry even exists.

You stay sassy!