Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13 hours 35 minutes until SWTOR early release begins. Are you ready?!?!

Comments

• SonterraSonterra Member Posts: 2

8 hours 39 minutes til Email wave...woot!

I registered my copy July 21st, 2011.

• Omni1rbbOmni1rbb Member Posts: 83

ARRGHGHGHGHGHGHG

I pre-ordered too late and can't get in until the 20th!

I'm so jealous of you early-accessers :)

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by Thorbrand

You forget they never have the servers up in time! Add about 6hrs to that.

Atleast they are getting an early start

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i personally am ready and cant wait . I assume im getting in tomorow as i put in code day 1 . im really stoked. gf doesnt get in when i do th ough so will have to wait to play with her.

• NirwylNirwyl Member Posts: 103

Ready, but worried. It's going to be a waiting game to see when I get access, which I hate. Then since I didn't participate in the beta I'll just have to hope it runs on my computer without any problems. It should, as I have a decent one, but nothing is sure these days.

Then I have to worry about whether or not my character names will be available. Hopefully I can find a server where they are.

After that we will all have to deal with the overcrowded starting zones and all the many idiocies that evolve from having a bunch of noobs playing a new game at once. Not to mention all the annoying people taking a break from WoW to play it.

So am I ready? No, I don't think any of us are really ready. But let it come I say, let it come.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by Nirwyl

Ready, but worried. It's going to be a waiting game to see when I get access, which I hate. Then since I didn't participate in the beta I'll just have to hope it runs on my computer without any problems. It should, as I have a decent one, but nothing is sure these days.

Then I have to worry about whether or not my character names will be available. Hopefully I can find a server where they are.

After that we will all have to deal with the overcrowded starting zones and all the many idiocies that evolve from having a bunch of noobs playing a new game at once. Not to mention all the annoying people taking a break from WoW to play it.

So am I ready? No, I don't think any of us are really ready. But let it come I say, let it come.

Do yourself a favor and turn off General Chat.  The first  couple months of any launch are filled with some of the most inane chatter I've ever seen in my life.

• sonicboomsonicboom Member Posts: 29

Server Queue is going to be hell waiting.

This is the part where cameron goes berserk!

Originally posted by Draemos

Do yourself a favor and turn off General Chat.  The first  couple months of any launch are filled with some of the most inane chatter I've ever seen in my life.

Oh I plan to. That's one of the first things I do when I enter any MMO these days. Although, you do sometimes miss out on people LFG, but it's worth it. If I read one more joke about Chuck Norris I might get homicidal.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Oh I plan to. That's one of the first things I do when I enter any MMO these days. Although, you do sometimes miss out on people LFG, but it's worth it. If I read one more joke about Chuck Norris I might get homicidal.

II do belive i saw more skyrim jokes than anything in beta. image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

i didn't preorder till after the 1st beta weekend in october(entered code)so i figure it'll be a few more days for me. i've got 2 weeks off starting on the 16th so hopefully by then i'm in.

• frostygunnafrostygunna Member Posts: 5

I preordered yesterday and put in my code, hopefully ill pop in there by friday

Originally posted by grunt187

I've heard about that. The arrow in the knee thing. It's funny, I played Skyrim (sadly on PS3) and I had to google it before I got the joke. What's more is that I thought the common saying by the guards there, "Let me guess. Someone stole your sweetroll?" would be the one people made a joke about. I always got a laugh out of that one in-game.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

I wouldn't get to excited

1) we don't know how many people there letting in on day one....

2) we don't know how many people pre-ordered in the first couple days

3) we don't know if day one people all get in when the servers come up or if it's spread through out the day...

So yeah I'd keep your excitement in check unless you plan on raging on the forums when you find out you can't get in @ 7am eastern time...

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Originally posted by grunt187

if you're havin' hunter problems i feel bad for you son.? i dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one

• CosdesCosdes Member Posts: 19
    6 hours 25 minutes to go, alarm set for 6:30' so I can get up launch the client and start spamming the email. Fight, see you whenever I'm lucky enough to log in. Good luck everyone, happy holidays
  • NviousNvious Member UncommonPosts: 21

I might be just shooting Sh!t into the wind but last time I checked 20 - 5 = 15.

Or are Sunday and Saturday no longer considered days?

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

Originally posted by monoth

I wouldn't get to excited

1) we don't know how many people there letting in on day one....

2) we don't know how many people pre-ordered in the first couple days

3) we don't know if day one people all get in when the servers come up or if it's spread through out the day...

So yeah I'd keep your excitement in check unless you plan on raging on the forums when you find out you can't get in @ 7am eastern time...

More food-for-thought, They have already demonstrated that they aren't afraid to " change their minds" by moving the ega from the 15th to the 13th, nothing  that says they can't let all pre-order players in all at once. I don't believe they have been worried about much at all since the last beta stress-test, just my opinion.

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

LOL

Money is the root of all evil.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

I'm ready! Said my goodbyes in Rift. I will say goodbyes on the 15th in swg.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Originally posted by Nvious

I might be just shooting Sh!t into the wind but last time I checked 20 - 5 = 15.

Or are Sunday and Saturday no longer considered days?

If you Pre-Order "Now" as opposed to "back then at start", you may play up to 5 days early. People who pre-ordered back then may receive additional days :)

• jarbyjarby Member Posts: 77

im not ready : EA  blocked my account  because i forgot  damned security questions. Even when im changing my pass they ask them again at the start and i cant change them, and  cant call to their support system by phone too. So i guess ill be playing only after 20/

• Originally posted by spawnlod

Ohhhh yea Im ready... I preordered the same day it was announced!

CODE REDEMPTION HISTORY

07.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

High five, same here.  Ready to get it on with an orgy of strewn together days and jolt cola induced paranoia.

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

I am of course ready but I was just over at amazon.com and I saw they have about 11 seller's with more ce's starting at only 350.00 lol, so I could be even more-ready if one of you good souls want to send one this way ;)

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

You brought up Chuck Norris? are you mad sir?  Leave the planet and never mention that name again :)

I have already been subjected to WoW's new TV ad with Chuck Norris three times today and not a single ad for ToR, when will they ever learn.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Everyone will got on the 15th.