Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Main Asset Error (Solved)

So I got my CE today and installed the game from the 3 discs with no problems. Fired up the patcher to check if there were any additional patches to pre-load before pre-launch. The patcher checked my files and then started to download a file named "Main Asset 1"(~13Gb).

After downloading the file a error message popped up, "a error occured during updating" and beside it a repair button. I pressed the repair button and the patcher checked my files again and then started to download the file "Main Asset 1" again.

I have now got the error and pressed the repair button 6 times and the patcher just download "Main Asset 1" over and over again.

I have not played the beta on this computer. I did a clean install of windows 7 a week ago in preparation for Swtor. I since installed and played both "Space Marine" and "Batman: Arkham City" with no problems.

Does anyone else got this problem?

Gaming Laptop - MSI GT680R

Intel Core i7 - 2630QM

Geforce GTX 460M / 1,5GB

1.5TB Harddrive (750GB x 2 Raid 0)

DDRIII 8GB RAM

Win 7 HP (64bit)

On another note my collector edition statue left arm wasnt glued inplace and rattled around in the plastic bag when i opened the statue package... one of the fingers on the loose arm was torn off :( No luck with this CE at all... *sad lol*

Comments

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Why install from disk at all? I ud just downloaded it from swtor.com u wouldnt have an issue. 

Maybe the issue is they still have parts of there site down. So maybe its not the assett thats the problem but connecting to the download things where some of the site is still offline.

• soeasysoeasy Member Posts: 10

Mby there is some error with patch serwer, try to download game directly from swtor site. 

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Number of people have this problem. It seems to have gotten worse over the course of the betas. There really isn't a fix for the problem.

I had to go back to downloading on a old laptop that doesn't even meet specs and copy the files to my gaming rig. It sucks but that is the only way to get it updated on some systems. BioWare has pretty much ignored the issue even though it has been around for months.

All the fixes on the forums are not actual fixes, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Originally posted by Vortex5oo

On another note my collector edition statue left arm wasnt glued inplace and rattled around in the plastic bag when i opened the statue package... one of the fingers on the loose arm was torn off :( No luck with this CE at all... *sad lol*

Awww man that sucks. Especially if you really like collectibles and such. I still haven't gotten my CE from mail, but I'm kinda anxious on seeing if my statue is in one piece. Not that it matters though, my Malgus just probably ends up hiding in the box for all his life. But for that price, I'd really expect it to be intact. image

• brutality123brutality123 Member Posts: 125

Only thing I can think of is guessing you are running the game under windows 7 and to advise you to run the process as an administrator but this is a complete guess as to the problem and the solution... :/

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

Well, OP, that is certainly worrisome. Hopefully this just has to do with the patching servers being up and down over the last couple of days? I'd try a fresh reinstall and, if that doesn't work, go download the game client. You should have received an email from Bioware about a week ago regarding downloading the game for early access. If you have a moderately speedy connection, you should be patched and good-to-go well before tomorrow at 7 a.m. EST.

I'd get on it, though.

• KotliKotli Member Posts: 23

on another note my collector edition statue left arm wasnt glued inplace and rattled around in the plastic bag when i opened the statue package... one of the fingers on the loose arm was torn off :( No luck with this CE at all... *sad lol*

:( You could contact the makers or something to try and get a replacement.

• Vortex5ooVortex5oo Member Posts: 106

Thank you all for your replies! :)

I solved my "main assets error" by following this guide:

http://r2-db.com/article-rss/16953

"If you have an error when attempting to install main assets (regardless of number), follow these steps:

1) Exit the SWTOR Launcher if it is already running.

2) Navigate to the following folder (assuming a default install): C:Program Files (x86)EABioWareStar Wars - The Old Republic

3) Locate and delete the assets_swtor_main.version file. Do not delete any other file.

4) Re-launch the SWTOR Launcher.

5) You should re-download the main assets file; this is approximately 13Gb in size."

Now I get the "There is currently no active subscription on this account"  so I guess I´m ready for pre-launch. =)

As for the statue, yeah I will contact support and see what could be done. Would suck if there is nothing to be done. I really love it,  the statue feels really solid and heavy. The cloak wasn´t attached to the figure neither when I opened the box for the first time.

If nothing else works and I don´t get a replacement, then I got a friend who is building models, he said could restore it if nothing else works. But it wouldn´t be authentic anymore. :(

Thank you all for your help, I hope I see you ingame! :)

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Glad to see you fixed it.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• KotliKotli Member Posts: 23

Thank you all for your replies! :)

I solved my "main assets error" by following this guide:

http://r2-db.com/article-rss/16953

"If you have an error when attempting to install main assets (regardless of number), follow these steps:

1) Exit the SWTOR Launcher if it is already running.

2) Navigate to the following folder (assuming a default install): C:Program Files (x86)EABioWareStar Wars - The Old Republic

3) Locate and delete the assets_swtor_main.version file. Do not delete any other file.

4) Re-launch the SWTOR Launcher.

5) You should re-download the main assets file; this is approximately 13Gb in size."

Snip

OMG I am glad I checked mine as for some reason it was 13Kb not 13 Gb.