Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13 hours 35 minutes until SWTOR early release begins. Are you ready?!?!

Comments

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Blazer6992

Originally posted by Humphrie

Originally posted by Tamanous

how Bioware screwed us CE owners over, 

How is that?

Most CE people (I maintain wisely) did not order their CE from Gamestop or another physical store due to that and other companies' tendency to screw crap up royally. The majority of us ordered off of Amazon.com, which offered release-day delivery for normal copies of the game, but not the CE. We thought that would be fine and that there would be a grace period to cover that void but, sadly, EA has decided to instead throw us the virtual equivalent of the middle finger.

There's going to be a good stretch in there where most of the people who dropped the biggest bucks on this game vanish off the servers for a span of 1-10 days. The Aussies, by all accounts, have been royally screwed by this move in particular.

I'll be at Gamestop on the 20th to pick up my CE. I'll never understand why people order stuff through the mail anyways. You guys should of learned that with the first expansion of WoW.

What I 'learned' was a lesson repeated in TOR -- when I went to go preorder a physical copy from Gamestop on July 21, I was told that 'we sold out of those 2 weeks ago.'

???

I promptly turned on a heel and walked out of the store, never to return. If they can't train their employees correctly regarding a $150 dollar purchase on the biggest MMO of the year that I am trying to make the day preordering began, they don't get my business. And I am hardly alone in stories like these -- the CS at Gamestop teeters dangerously between incompetence and 'we're getting reports of a violent shooting spree at a local gaming retailer -- more at 11.'

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Good luck to you all.

I'm not going to play it but I hope everything launches smoothly for those who are.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

How is that?

Most CE people (I maintain wisely) did not order their CE from Gamestop or another physical store due to that and other companies' tendency to screw crap up royally. The majority of us ordered off of Amazon.com, which offered release-day delivery for normal copies of the game, but not the CE. We thought that would be fine and that there would be a grace period to cover that void but, sadly, EA has decided to instead throw us the virtual equivalent of the middle finger.

There's going to be a good stretch in there where most of the people who dropped the biggest bucks on this game vanish off the servers for a span of 1-10 days. The Aussies, by all accounts, have been royally screwed by this move in particular.

I'll be at Gamestop on the 20th to pick up my CE. I'll never understand why people order stuff through the mail anyways. You guys should of learned that with the first expansion of WoW.

What does learning have to do with it? Bioware stated in very clear terms that they would offer a grace period. Tons of players purchased their CE not worrying about shipment times. Bioware then reneged leaving said 'tons' of players up shyte creek. Cancelling a sold out CE really isn't a viable option for many.

Bioware brought this upon us and chose to answer our cries for help with "we'll talk to the distributors and hopefully they can fix our @#%@up";.

Will life go on? Yes

Will a crap ton of players be pissed come Dec. 20? Yes

Will a whole bunch of that crap ton not even see this coming Dec. 20 and raise #%#@ storm part 2 on that day? Yes.

You stay sassy!

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
  • VorpalCheeseVorpalCheese Member Posts: 9

How is that?

I have a CE from Amazon and I have Release Day Delivery.  From what I understand, not everyone was offered it.  Maybe Amazon realized just how big the CE was and backed off, getting rid of that option?

• IsnifArmPitsIsnifArmPits Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by EndDream

My preorder was registered pn july 31st. 10 days after preorders started. I freaking hope I get in tomorrow. IM DIEINGGGG... GAHHHHHH SOOO EXCITEDDDDDD

iI dunno, how many do you think they will allow on day 1? The July 30th sales figure showed roughly 120,000 preorders.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

It showed a 99,000 increase in the week of 7/23-7/30.

So that would mean around 20,000 preordered in the first 2 days.

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

Will a whole bunch of that crap ton not even see this coming Dec. 20 and raise #%#@ storm part 2 on that day? Yes.

Oh, god, this a thousand times over. Given their website's flimsy reputation when a lot of people are on it, I expect the forums to be down pretty much all day on the 20th.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

What I 'learned' was a lesson repeated in TOR -- when I went to go preorder a physical copy from Gamestop on July 21, I was told that 'we sold out of those 2 weeks ago.'

???

I promptly turned on a heel and walked out of the store, never to return. If they can't train their employees correctly regarding a $150 dollar purchase on the biggest MMO of the year that I am trying to make the day preordering began, they don't get my business. And I am hardly alone in stories like these -- the CS at Gamestop teeters dangerously between incompetence and 'we're getting reports of a violent shooting spree at a local gaming retailer -- more at 11.'

Most Gamestop employees don't know exactly what's going on, like how they didn't know that they were supossed to give out a game code on 7-21-11 when someone pre-ordered SWTOR. I always make sure I know my self what is going on and then inform the idiot pimple faced kids at the Gamestop. Then once they check it all out and realize I am right, then that store is good to go. But I usually only pre-order games from there when I know that particular employee and know that they are informed. Usually it is the manager, if he isn't there then I come back later.

• brindleburnbrindleburn Member UncommonPosts: 65

Nah they won't be able to post without entering their code first.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Some of us don't have much of a choice. I live way back in the hills of Kentucky where you won't find a gamestop, bestbuy or nothing else for that matter.

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

I wish, not getting in till thursday.

• deven07deven07 Member UncommonPosts: 24

DDE FTW! 

You can have your action figures and your little shop with your shiny buttons and fancy hats.  Plus that rat droid is gonna get annoying you just watch...

• KickphatKickphat Member Posts: 189

It seems like alot of you guys have bad people that work at your gamestops. The 3 that are around me all with in 1.5 miles have people that know there games and what is coming out. Hell it is hard to get a job at the gamestops around here as you have to know everything about gaming. you gotta know Console and PC gaming to get a job at the gamestops around here. Plus here there is always a manger working.

• dishonestbrodishonestbro Member Posts: 9

I feel extremely lucky getting holiday the 19th from school. Can't get better. So ready for launch and probably even gonna sit and nerd it out here in the pre access, even though the school have to be taken care of. SW:TOR > school tho! Or did I misunderstand something? image

• CosdesCosdes Member Posts: 19
    Okay, set my alarm for 7 am (et), so I have an hour to get ready, see the sun one last time for this year. Come on access emai!!! Lol
  • Sandman24Sandman24 Member Posts: 47

Does anyone know how it works if you have early access but have not received your physical copy of the game with the code?  If so can you pm me please?

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Have to work tomorrow. However I get phone alerts on my email so I will know when I get my mail (if I get it tomorrow). I am all patched up and ready to go. Now to just get off of here and finish wrapping gifts tonight so I don't have any reason to not play during my free time after tonight.... ><

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

im spamming F5 on my email page for the next 12hours....

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

How is that?

Got a ce from Amazon and got RDS i guess it depends on where you live.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

How is that?

What does learning have to do with it? Bioware stated in very clear terms that they would offer a grace period. Tons of players purchased their CE not worrying about shipment times. Bioware then reneged leaving said 'tons' of players up shyte creek. Cancelling a sold out CE really isn't a viable option for many.

Bioware brought this upon us and chose to answer our cries for help with "we'll talk to the distributors and hopefully they can fix our @#%@up";.

Will life go on? Yes

Will a crap ton of players be pissed come Dec. 20? Yes

Will you send me a PM as a reminder, so I don't miss all the fun on here :D

• MarajhaMarajha Member Posts: 22

Preordered on July 21... see you all tomorrow (i hope), but thanks to amazon.uk ill be on swtor vacacion from 20th till i get my game, wich is after 25th or so i´m told in my order, i guess with almost 6 months in warning they would get my order to be shipped in time for me to get it by launch... Quoting the man:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

It won't be up on time if they continue to have login/password issues.

Money is the root of all evil.

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

8 hours to go people.

Send your food and drinks away with relatives, stock up on instant children. Lock your phones and turn off your doors, all ready to go. 

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

OP Subject + "for some of you."

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • howardbhowardb Member Posts: 286

Meh... I registered my code the 29th November :(

If I get in by thursday I'm happy. I honestly think every pre-order will get in by the 15th just to avoid all the whine. Bioware said "up to 5 days" but you know people. They will whine no matter what.