Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13 hours 35 minutes until SWTOR early release begins. Are you ready?!?!

I'm really excited about tomorrow, to finally start my smugglers storyline and find out more about each of my companions, should be great. In the mean time, as this day progress, time is getting slower. I've been reading forum post and trying to find a advance class tree spec that I'll commit to in game. I left beta just after getting my wookie, so I'm going to have to pace myself in not rushing back just to get him again, loved the story to get him. So while I'm sitting here waiting, anyone here that will be playing the game have any good down time stories on there prep/excitement for launch tomorrow:)

Comments

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

HELL YEAH!!! registered my code July 25, should be in on the first day cant wait!!

• UbermehUbermeh Member Posts: 92

No.

• devilboy911devilboy911 Member UncommonPosts: 20

Noimage Still haven't decided on a class...

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

Yes, yes I am. Once I can borrow your credit card, sir.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

My preorder was registered pn july 31st. 10 days after preorders started. I freaking hope I get in tomorrow. IM DIEINGGGG... GAHHHHHH SOOO EXCITEDDDDDD

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• HawkWyndeHawkWynde Member Posts: 7

I'm mostly a pessimist so I'm budgeting on another 8 days.

The little bit of optimist in me will be trying to login for the next 8 days anyway.

• rhorn842rhorn842 Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by voltt

HELL YEAH!!! registered my code July 25, should be in on the first day cant wait!!

I'm not so sure... I registered on the 22nd and I was under the impression several others got in before me. I registered at about 10am the day of the posting. Nearly everyone who had already been testing would have been checking to see if the server was going back up around the time they released the pre-order and EGA. I was at work that morning checking to see if the servers were coming back up anytime when I saw the announcement.

I've gotta think quite a few people would have been registered before the 25th.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I work tomorrow ... but have 22 days off starting Dec 14 :)

(coincidence ... not planned)

Not the type to play more than 5-6 hours a day anyway.

You stay sassy!

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

You forget they never have the servers up in time! Add about 6hrs to that.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Beyond ready, been waiting over 3 years

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

Registered on the 25/7 and i dont expect to get in on first day there was a shortage of CE copys after the 23rd so i had to get se edition it sold out very fast untill they got some more later on.

• udorusudorus Member Posts: 79

got my prawn sandwich all ready for my lunchtime sickie, phone is on alert, fridge is full chores are done, yeah baby im ready!

• SpawnLODSpawnLOD Member Posts: 33

Ohhhh yea Im ready... I preordered the same day it was announced!

CODE REDEMPTION HISTORY

07.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

• deven07deven07 Member UncommonPosts: 24

3 years, 1 month, 21 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes!   Anyone get a early access email yet?

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I've been waiting for six years for tomorrow. I got me a case of pop today and my haircut, god only knows when I'll see daylight again.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Originally posted by Blazer6992

I've been waiting for six years for tomorrow. I got me a case of pop today and my haircut, god only knows when I'll see daylight again.

Normally excessive playing isn't my style (I like to think I am mature enough now to balance my time) but seeing how Bioware screwed us CE owners over, I may have to play a shyte ton during EGA to make up for the possible cut off on release day.

@#%ers

You stay sassy!

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Tamanous

Normally excessive playing isn't my style (I like to think I am mature enough now to balance my time) but seeing how Bioware screwed us CE owners over, I may have to play a shyte ton during EGA to make up for the possible cut off on release day.

@#%ers

Amen. I want to at least get my legacy name before I get cut off from 'the sauce' for 4 days.

how Bioware screwed us CE owners over, 

How is that?

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

How is that?

Most CE people (I maintain wisely) did not order their CE from Gamestop or another physical store due to that and other companies' tendency to screw crap up royally. The majority of us ordered off of Amazon.com, which offered release-day delivery for normal copies of the game, but not the CE. We thought that would be fine and that there would be a grace period to cover that void but, sadly, EA has decided to instead throw us the virtual equivalent of the middle finger.

There's going to be a good stretch in there where most of the people who dropped the biggest bucks on this game vanish off the servers for a span of 1-10 days. The Aussies, by all accounts, have been royally screwed by this move in particular.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

best of luck on launch. May you all have a stable launch day/server.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• SpawnLODSpawnLOD Member Posts: 33

How is that?

Well depending on where your located and who you pre ordered from. Alot of the CE pre Ordered will see anywhere from 1 to 7 days gap between the end of EGA and when they finally get there CE hard copy in hand. So that they can enter there activation code.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I can't decide on class, so i will just write them all down on old bus tickets and pull one out of a hat.

Originally posted by Humphrie

How is that?

Most CE people (I maintain wisely) did not order their CE from Gamestop or another physical store due to that and other companies' tendency to screw crap up royally. The majority of us ordered off of Amazon.com, which offered release-day delivery for normal copies of the game, but not the CE. We thought that would be fine and that there would be a grace period to cover that void but, sadly, EA has decided to instead throw us the virtual equivalent of the middle finger.

There's going to be a good stretch in there where most of the people who dropped the biggest bucks on this game vanish off the servers for a span of 1-10 days. The Aussies, by all accounts, have been royally screwed by this move in particular.

I'll be at Gamestop on the 20th to pick up my CE. I'll never understand why people order stuff through the mail anyways. You guys should of learned that with the first expansion of WoW.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

How is that?

Has nothing to do with CE's.   Boxed copies order from EA won't start to be shipped until the 16th which is a friday... come tuesday morning if you don't have your "code" on your account you get cut off because there is no grace period.

I've not really heard much about how soon retailers are supposed to ship boxes in North America.   The only official statement I saw from a BioWare poster was that they would get the boxes out but they were not guaranteeing they would be to *you* on the 20th.

Now in Europe since they moved the date of launch up to the 15th oddly they have boxes arriving already.

Point is for order done directly why are they charging credit cards on the 13th and not shipping until the 16th?   That was information directly from one of their stickies.   Why would you charge before you ship?   Why would you go with no grace period and then not ship boxes until the friday before a tuesday launch?   This time of year there can be problems with shipping due to volume... so one might have thought it to be rather intellegent to ship out a bit earlier.

In fact it might even have been smart not to say you were going to bill people before you ship.   Buy from Amazon or any retailer like that and they will tell you .. you are not billed until your product is shipped.. not 3 days before its shipped.

Its just not well thought out in my opinion.   I don't care if I have a few days I can't play.   It just comes across as very unprofessional in my opinion.   Like someone had no concept about shipping... lots of things.   Nobody at EA ever shipped a pre-order before?

*edit*  People who ordered for in store pickup (I don't live anywhere near a physical store) are going to be in better shape.   Why?  because unlike us... stores get saturday delivery.   That used to kill my sales when I was a mail order phone guy... people would see the game saturday and call monday to cancel the pre-orders that we were not going to ship until monday.

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135

I am so excited- I have wrote down all the names that people have posted in their swtor sig just to see how many of them I can make before they log in!!