Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When do we know we can play?

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I think that question is up in the air? But if I were allowed to play at 7 am then I should be getting e-mail tonight? Any ideas?

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

The official FAQ seems to imply that they send out the emails right when your account is able to play.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by nomss

I think that question is up in the air? But if I were allowed to play at 7 am then I should be getting e-mail tonight? Any ideas?

They are not going to send out email till 7am. I will guess the earliest you can get your email would be that time. Although they did say you can try the launcher even before you get the email. Your account will be activated ( at 7 AM ) before the email arrives.

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by EndDream

The official FAQ seems to imply that they send out the emails right when your account is able to play.

This.  Plus, it was mentioned by the devs that because of the delay in email servers and whatnot that you can be checking the launcher to see if the play button has lit up.  If it does then you're good to go because you may have access but the email hasn't hit your inbox yet.  I know I'm not getting in tomorrow but will probably just check email and the launcher from time to time on the 14th.

• IsnifArmPitsIsnifArmPits Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Airwren

This.  Plus, it was mentioned by the devs that because of the delay in email servers and whatnot that you can be checking the launcher to see if the play button has lit up.  If it does then you're good to go because you may have access but the email hasn't hit your inbox yet.  I know I'm not getting in tomorrow but will probably just check email and the launcher from time to time on the 14th.

Just curious, was it announced the servers will start at 7AM? I missed this, and would love to confirm it somehow. Please let me know.

• 32GhostsIV32GhostsIV Member Posts: 5

(To above poster)

Taken right from the email I got about being able to pre-load:

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

wait... so we don't get in instantly at 7am?  that's really stupid.

• LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165

Im not sure I understand when people say: i know im not getting in the 13, how do you know it. ive setup my preorder code on 2 august, is there a list of people that will be invited on the first day?

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
    12 gig DDR3 ram
    Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
    window 7 64bit

• 32GhostsIV32GhostsIV Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by adam_nox

No. Not everyone will get in the game at 7am EST tomorrow. Your entry into Early Access will be dependent on when you redeemed your pre-order code on the TOR website with your account. They will be bringing people in waves throughout the 13th to 19th.

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Lexite

Im not sure I understand when people say: i know im not getting in the 13, how do you know it. ive setup my preorder code on 2 august, is there a list of people that will be invited on the first day?

No, but if you ordered on the early hours of the 21st (3 a.m. here), it's a safe bet you're in on the first day.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

for all we know .. never :)

but no, apparently they are going to email them out within 10-15 minutes (pure speculation, just my interpretation .. could be an hour .. no one knows) of the time at which your account is capable of logging into the servers.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by IsnifArmPits

Originally posted by Airwren

Just curious, was it announced the servers will start at 7AM? I missed this, and would love to confirm it somehow. Please let me know.

Because everyone is just a bunch of liars. 

Well wait until the 20th then you can get in if you don't believe it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

No.  From what I've read, they will send out invitations in the order that people bought their pre-order.  So if you just recently pre-ordered you may not be playing for a day or two.

• CosdesCosdes Member Posts: 19
    They stated 2 ways to know when you can play. Your account will be activated and your play button will be enable or you will receive an email letting you know you can log in. Either way, I'll be with the thousands of people doing both spamming email and opening and closing the game client. Real excited, can't wait!
  • coomscooms Member Posts: 219

I really dislike the staggered early access...Itsee the logic in it but I also hate it. Either way I think ill just play the 20th when i know my friend will be able to play.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Everyone doesnt get teh same amount of early access. First come first serve so they can stagger the launch

so those that put code in 7/21 or when pre orders went live should get in tomorow. if u ordered it in december or novemeber u probabloy wont get in tomorow and its not stupid

it was there plan all along if people just read the faq and paid attention theyd know that

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by cooms

I really dislike the staggered early access...Itsee the logic in it but I also hate it. Either way I think ill just play the 20th when i know my friend will be able to play.

So sweet.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by kalinis

Everyone doesnt get teh same amount of early access. First come first serve so they can stagger the launch

so those that put code in 7/21 or when pre orders went live should get in tomorow. if u ordered it in december or novemeber u probabloy wont get in tomorow and its not stupid

it was there plan all along if people just read the faq and paid attention theyd know that

So 90% of folk won't have a Scooby, right?

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

No, it's not stupid.  It's actually a very good idea.  This guarantees them a smooth launch, allows them to spread the population out a bit, and makes the whole thing less frustrating for all the players.  It also gives them ample time to bring up new servers at a slower rate without overdoing it to the point where they have to server merge a few months down the road, which is bad for any MMO.  

Not to mention, that December 13th date was moved up two days  from the original December 15th date so people could get more early access to the game than they otherwise would have.  

[Mod Edit]

• soeasysoeasy Member Posts: 10

08.08.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order  

I`m wondering if i will get acces tomorrow, or should i say today in euro time zone.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

You will get an e-mail telling you when you can get access to the game.

The date which you get this e-mail depends on when you redeemed your pre order code.

This is not rocket science folks, so many drooling idiots about that can't just wait on an e-mail like a normal person.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

Just chill m8s, we are all excited about the game, but just rest, look at the sun for a few more minutes, and say goodbye to it since you wont be seeing it anytime soon :D

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I'm wondering if it's even worth it to pre-order anymore.

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

Early Access starts @ 12pm (lunch) GMT. So before then. if u get in 2day that is.  Its strictly gonna b when u redeemed ur code.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

my email which i still have says earl access starts 7 am est time tomorow. Its based on when i place pre order code i did mine day 1 of pre orders so i should get in pretty early

that said i wouldnt expect to get in day 1 if u ordered more then a month after pre orders started. 

I remember reading they said that if u put in code in week 1,or 2 of pre orders u would porbably get in day 1 but not sure where i read that lol. 

AI may be misremembering. that said its all based on when u put in code. So the earlier u did it the better chances to get in early

Are pre orders even available anymore?  id guess its not worth much u might get lucky get int he 19th if u order now.

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

There were around 19,000 pre orders in July. If you pre ordered in July, its a safe bet that you will be playing tomorrow.