Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Opening Cinematic Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has released the opening cinematic for Diablo III. It features good ol' Dekkard Cain and his niece as the forces of Darkness reveal themselves. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Very... underwhelming in my opinion.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I dont mean to be a jerk, I love MMORPG.com and visit it daily but..

You guys really need to get with the time and make your videos AT LEAST 720p HD :|

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I liked the first part of the video, second part was pretty meh but it is the opening video to set the stage. Not really an advertising trailer.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

copy gw 2 moving art style what a retards.

An average intro with ridiculous voice acting

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by Ceridith

Very... underwhelming in my opinion.

It cost a million dollars just to make that single trailer.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

not impressed. it was ok for a typical games opening cinematic, but it was not very good for a Diablo opening cinematic.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Looked ok to me. But then ive always figured on getting the game anyway.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• Ichigo83Ichigo83 Member Posts: 86

it's a great opening because it tells the first part of the story of the game about the star falling into the world and you find more info as you play the game about the star. That why you go to were the star fell in the first pplace even in the beta if you people even watchd the videos of bea game polay you see whats going on. So I happen to love the trailer it tells a small part of the story in its own right. Also thats why you find the old man in the game down in the ruins because he fell from there and the girl asks yout o find him so there showing you what happen people I mean come on really and you say this trailer sucks when it has a deep meaning within the story its self.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

That was pretty awful.

I love how the girl says "I was having a bad dream."

So the first part of the trailer was her dream? Lol.  Who the hell would have a dream like that?  A Guild Wars 2 super fanboi might, I guess, but even that I doubt.

And that decrepit old man is her uncle?  I have a hard time believing that, but I suppose thats quite miniscule.  Its just, he's like 100 years old at least and she was what, 17?  So his brother/sister has a 17 year old kid?  Okay, sure....

This game clearly has lost everyone who worked on the original vision. This one seems to be wrestling with the ghost of that by-gone vision and the "new direction" that Blizzard has tried to infuse into the series.

The original game was just a small village with a big problem.  Now it has to be a HUGE EARTH SHATTERING WAR EVERYWHERE, ROAR!

What-evs, tho.  Its just another cheap video game. The game will sell millions, but I don't think shallow hack'n'slash titles will truly entertain anyone anymore.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

This was terrabad.  Seriously, blizzard's best title in years and this is what they come up with?  Very sad.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

That's the best they could come up with?  And in 360p at that.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • Senpera214Senpera214 Member Posts: 1

breathtaking

so much living history and inspiration in such a small window

so much content in a small group of pixels

i love you blizzard

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Originally posted by DJJazzy

I liked the first part of the video, second part was pretty meh but it is the opening video to set the stage. Not really an advertising trailer.

yea I just had to remind myself of that

• OReardonOReardon Member Posts: 13
    These comments are how examples of how a group of individuals become a mob. It is amazing how much people can ignore their observations of something and then push an opinion because of their dislike of a company. The trailer is well composed, paced, and completely dynamic for it's purpose. It is an in game cinematic to introduce the next set of events.
    The first part that you think is just a copy of GW2 cinematics is actually a hybrid of 3modeling and 2d art combined with other layers. It is pushed farther than the simple GW2 flash movement. It is sad that many of these comments are made in complete ignorance and do nothing but hurt the amazingly talented artists that created this piece to give some excitement to otherwise drab lives.
  • CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by OReardon

These comments are how examples of how a group of individuals become a mob. It is amazing how much people can ignore their observations of something and then push an opinion because of their dislike of a company. The trailer is well composed, paced, and completely dynamic for it's purpose. It is an in game cinematic to introduce the next set of events.

The first part that you think is just a copy of GW2 cinematics is actually a hybrid of 3modeling and 2d art combined with other layers. It is pushed farther than the simple GW2 flash movement. It is sad that many of these comments are made in complete ignorance and do nothing but hurt the amazingly talented artists that created this piece to give some excitement to otherwise drab lives.

You mean like... exactly what you're doing, only for the opposite reason?

Personally I just found the cinematic very lacking. The action scenes just didn't pop out at me due to their over stylized animation detracting from immersion, and would have been infinitely more impressive were they rendered like the rest of the video. It didn't evoke any excitement from me because it was pretty much just an old man and his niece in a building that gets hit by a ball of fire. I'm sure it's relevant to the storyline, but I just didn't feel sucked into the scene like with every other cinematic that Blizzard has done in the past for Diablo.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

That was pretty awful.

I love how the girl says "I was having a bad dream."

So the first part of the trailer was her dream? Lol.  Who the hell would have a dream like that?  A Guild Wars 2 super fanboi might, I guess, but even that I doubt.

And that decrepit old man is her uncle?  I have a hard time believing that, but I suppose thats quite miniscule.  Its just, he's like 100 years old at least and she was what, 17?  So his brother/sister has a 17 year old kid?  Okay, sure....

This game clearly has lost everyone who worked on the original vision. This one seems to be wrestling with the ghost of that by-gone vision and the "new direction" that Blizzard has tried to infuse into the series.

The original game was just a small village with a big problem.  Now it has to be a HUGE EARTH SHATTERING WAR EVERYWHERE, ROAR!

What-evs, tho.  Its just another cheap video game. The game will sell millions, but I don't think shallow hack'n'slash titles will truly entertain anyone anymore.

Someone is trying too hard to hate a cinematic video. And yes it will sell millions and Blizzard will be rolling in money as usual, many will enjoy and have fun while others will keep grumbling and complaining. And life will go on.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

Thought the cinimatic was perfectly fine, it was an opening cinimatic.

FFS people, these forums just prove people have nothing better to do then hate on everything.

This pots included... ooohhh the irony

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I just think that Activision is delaying the release because they did a ton of market research this year with real life gamers who thought it just so-so, and as a result they try-to re-work the game "balance" to try to get it right.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

Why don't like it? I mean have you guys saw the big hole in the ground at the end  of the trailer? That gave me goose.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

I am a Diablo fan and i still have it installed on my PC, currently a moded LOD version, just for diversty and stuff. Been wanting Diablo 3 for a long time now, but everytime i see a new video of the gameplay (beta) or any other type of video related material, i get more and more disppointed with this "upgraded" title.

What's up with the Guild Wars 2 art -like in the begining of this trailer?

• pussiliciouspussilicious Member Posts: 31

wow wow wow! how great that video was. Blizzard must have burned up all their cash on hookers to deploy such a cheap 2 cent worth cartoon art opening.

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

Pretty average Cinematic... Better than Diablo and Diablo 2 animations! That's a good thing!! Well slightly better than D2 cinametics... but still better!

• dishonestbrodishonestbro Member Posts: 9

I loved and will always love the Diablo cinematics. So epicly amazing.

• BoostedBobBoostedBob Member Posts: 21

Im not a diablo fan, However I do enjoy playing the game atleast once through for diablo 1 and 2. 

I enjoyed the cinematic and thought it was well done. So many haters out there complaing just for thesake of it. You all remind me of three year old's If you cant get your way you will do whatever you can to throw a tantrum for example previous posts above mine. 

This has been said time and time again if you dont like what you see dont play the game. 

Looking forward to playing the game regardless how it look's Ill see you all in game.

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by Agoden

I dont mean to be a jerk, I love MMORPG.com and visit it daily but..

You guys really need to get with the time and make your videos AT LEAST 720p HD :|

Totally agree!