Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: Iop's Heart Premier Video

2»

Comments

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I played Dofus, there are some good things about these kind of games, and I am a huge fan of good story based strategy rpgs like Final Fantasy Tactics. But unlike FFT this game needs a really good story to draw in those who like strat rpgs. Its great that its a sandbox, but the audience that likes these types of games would be into more themeparky presentation- and definitely a more themeparky story at least. Square should assign some writers to this to handle a storyline.

They should really have these guys do a new Final Fantasy Tactics and make it an mmo like this one with all the seriousness of a Final Fantasy Tactics storyline/characters. I also think that would make a damn good handheld mmo for either the iphone, 3ds or that new Sony handheld that is soon to drop.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• torunefutorunefu Member Posts: 2

Just play this game at wakfu.com/en/mmorpg , play on the international servers , there are tons of English speaking players and the population is growing steadily , i have no trouble finding other players to group up with do do dungeons or fight elites , also its a great sandbox game, it can be challenging at times in dungeons . Its been in Open Beta for quite awhile now , official launch is on february 2012. Start playing now :D All i have to say is it is a great game

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

great game - and there are actually a lot of players

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Is this for the PC or Andriod? Cuse this seems really out dated for a PC game. <<<shrugs>>> swtor here I come. 

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Is this for the PC or Andriod? Cuse this seems really out dated for a PC game. <<<shrugs>>> swtor here I come. 

its for SNes -_- ... Pc mate and its the ary style... *zips lips about TOR*

• GolarumGolarum Member Posts: 151

Isn't this Dofus?

This game has been out for years, they just renamed it LMAO.

http://www.dofus.com/en

Originally posted by Golarum

Isn't this Dofus?

This game has been out for years, they just renamed it LMAO.

http://www.dofus.com/en

WoW people really need to read before they post... its from the same Makers and this game is set 1000 years after dofus, based on a anime, so you can call it Dofus 2 if u want

• velebnicekvelebnicek Member UncommonPosts: 85

Turn based combat makes it slightly more difficult than button-mashing MMOs. Especially later on in dungeons/bosses fights.

Not only 13yo but many 40, 50+ olds play(ed) Dofus.
    So they are finaly going to relase this after all those years of "beta"? I don't know if I'm still interested really.

And don't forget Ankama sucks bigtime at 3 things:
    1) ballance
    2) bugfixing
    3) customer service

And by sucks I mean SUCKS BIGTIME.

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

seiously ive played that game if there was nothing to play i would plya taht game , it worth it just on the market actually not a priority (for me)

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Well, I was actually able to download and signup on the EN site so I'll definitely be checking it out. Thanks for that link btw.,

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

the problem is, people, for those who is outside of NA region and if you are an English speaker, i'd say good luck with that

i tried playing the International Wakfu long time ago, i was left there like a zombie, everyone was speaking French and you would probably not understand anything except if you are lucky enough to understand French

plus, the world is pretty dead in the International Wakfu, everyone is either AFK or just hitting monster and not even replying to you chatting with them

the only hope is the NA version, but again, only those in NA will have access

good casual game Wakfu is, but too bad it had to be French

So What Now?

• MalkosMalkos Member UncommonPosts: 19

@ Phelcher

graphics =/= gameplay.

Quite a few games on the 360 and ps3 dont even hold a candle to some of the older games on the SNES.

And yes, it is an MMORPG. Because its multiplayer, its massive, its online, and its an rpg.

Also, marketing ploy? the game is in beta and is FREE right now. Sure are earning a lot of revenue there.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Originally posted by Phelcher

So..  let me get this strait.

This game is Anime based, with little cartooney chaarcters, with gameplay that is turned-based. Within a game world that looks like it was created in 1980's.

And people are trying to say that it is a MMORPG sandbox. LOL

I am sorry, but I do not understand the context of the post, or even why we are discussing it here @ MMORPG.com. Only other than MMORPG.com has this game advertised on it's webpage. Thisis clearly a marketing ploy by MMORPG.com staffers, because nothing in this childish game, represents an MMORPG.

Secondly, it is a childs game. As nothing within the game demoed is meant for a money maker...  only something a money maker would buy and give to his children.

If it's a child game why is most of the population that plays Wakfu ADULTS?

Answer me this one please, I'll be very interested to hear what I'm sure wil be an intelligent reply.

Smile

• torunefutorunefu Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Phelcher

So..  let me get this strait.

This game is Anime based, with little cartooney chaarcters, with gameplay that is turned-based. Within a game world that looks like it was created in 1980's.

And people are trying to say that it is a MMORPG sandbox. LOL

I am sorry, but I do not understand the context of the post, or even why we are discussing it here @ MMORPG.com. Only other than MMORPG.com has this game advertised on it's webpage. Thisis clearly a marketing ploy by MMORPG.com staffers, because nothing in this childish game, represents an MMORPG.

Secondly, it is a childs game. As nothing within the game demoed is meant for a money maker...  only something a money maker would buy and give to his children.

Do you even understand what a MMORPG is? Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. And the graphics being 2D is called art style.

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

All I notice everytime I load up mmorpg.com is that charactars overly large breasts and extremely skinny body.

Originally posted by Leviathonlx

All I notice everytime I load up mmorpg.com is that charactars overly large breasts and extremely skinny body.

And thats a proobbleemm hhooowww??

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well first off it is NOT a sandbox, not even close it has a class/level system, you cannot be a sandbox and have that feature. 

I don't know what their intended audience is, but I don't know many adults that play animme games, but I am sure there are many of you out there.

I just think there are better games out there at the moment, but this game is still in development.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

I'll give it a shot. Not really expecting much bit I'll give it a fair go. Not really laying much else right now.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• EdellEdell Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Well first off it is NOT a sandbox, not even close it has a class/level system, you cannot be a sandbox and have that feature. 

I don't know what their intended audience is, but I don't know many adults that play animme games, but I am sure there are many of you out there.

I just think there are better games out there at the moment, but this game is still in development.

Well the game sure doesn't have quests (except during the tutorial). Kinda hard to label it a "themepark mmo".

Of course there are classes, but that doesn't mean it's not sandbox. For example, Fallen Earth doesn't have classes, yet it's a huge themepark mmo with a main quest and lots of side quests.

Wakfu *is* a sandbox mmorpg because the world is affected by the players. You can destroy the eco-system, or save it. There are tons of resources and you can craft almost anything. You can open a shop, and the whole economy is player-driven. You can be a bandit or defend your nation. Each nation has a government of players, which is elected every week by the players (in good standing). The current governor can raise taxes, revoke laws, make new ones, be a tyrant or good leader. Nations alliances are decided by the players.

The game is deep, you just have to get past the few first levels and find people to play with you.

• Emnity33Emnity33 Member Posts: 7

To answer your first question, no its not for 13 year olds. Wakfu actually has really 'mature' features to it. For instance, where in most games you can just go out into the world and chop an endless amount of trees down to up your woodcutting skills, ..you cant do that in wakfu. Chop down a sepcific amount of trees without re plantign them, and they will NOT grow back. Same goes for the type of mobs you kill...if you kill to many sheep without reintroducing them, they will become extinct. This is part of the ''Wakfu/ Stasis'' system. The more life you give, the more Wakfu you get. The more you kill, the more Stasis you wil get.

There is also a full fledged political system where you can be sent to jail for disobeying the laws of your chosen country. Each country even has a 'clan leader' whos wishes you have to obey.  I think that you would find even most adults would be lost in this game, as it doesn't hold your hand the entire time such as games like WoW. You have to carve your own path in the game.. without the help of quests to spoon feed you. Once youre done with the beginning area, its every man for himself lol.

to answer your 2nd questin, youre thinking of the game ''Dofus arena'', which is a turn based battle game made by the same guys. (not to be confused with Dofus, which is a turn based mmorpg) One of the few p2p mmorpgs left. Thats saying something about the quality of the game company, where all these supposed 'AAA'' gaming companies are failing to keep their subscription model running, Ankama has had their subscriptions up for 6+ years.

• Emnity33Emnity33 Member Posts: 7

why cant I edit my posts... -_-

• Lighten_UpLighten_Up Member Posts: 108

A lot of dumb posts in this thread. Anyway, this game is definitely not your theme-park fair, and is very, very sandboxy (to speak in MMORPG.com terms) meaning you have to log-in at least more than one hour a day. It's very high-maintenance, and it'll demand a lot of your time if you wish to succeed. It certainly is player driven, which separates Wakfu from most games but also requires a rather large community to thrive. The majority of its community is Spanish or Brazilian and right now the population is low (Remington, International). Earning CP (Citizenship Points) is easier and there are a lot more resources for grabs, but the downside is, is forming groups. Groups are essential around level 30 and the lack of players makes forming them almost impossible. All in all, it certainly is a polished and note-worthy game, but lacks the narrative and linearity Dofus had to keep less-hardcore players interested. 

• wequendiwequendi Member UncommonPosts: 4

Dunno how thingsgo now in Wakfu but i got into the "2.0"french closed beta (Wakfu was a lot different in the previus version) and used to lagg like hell because there were people everywhere, this one may be the us beta maybe? . My suggestion is: try it and if u like it, play and enjoy becase ankama games is well known for breaking their own games, i played dofus since beta till 2010 and it was the blast for the first 2 years, then it started to suck.

But yea its a lot different from other mmos, lot of grinding though.