Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frogster America Inc. California office closed.

This info was originally posted by a user named Wasagm, on a different website, but I thought most of you would also be interested.

----------

As of today, December 1, 2011 FAI is not longer.

FEU/GF closed the San Francisco office and released all FAI employees.

All customer support and community management is now handled by Frogster EU staff.

The removal of the frogster-america.com website and redirect to the frogster.de website is the first clue after there was an announcement on November 02, 2011 that Gameforge would be eliminating over 400 positions within the company due to failure to meet the projected growth by only seeing a marginal growth over all. FAI however had continued to see profits during the last 4 quarters. FEU/GF however did not meet the income/growth projections and the resulting closure of the FAI office was their solution to a growing failure to produce revenue.

This is not rumor. It is fact and I hope the RoM community now sees just how terrible things will get since all the previous issues that FAI was blamed for not fixing is the direct cause and has always been the direct cause and fault of the EU management that never allowed FAI to truly manage the game or have ANY say or input concerning bugs, patching and etc. due to the controlling European big wigs.

If you do not believe me, time will prove me correct.

Enjoy the downfall!

Comments

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

I've been wondering how long it would take for this to happen. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end for Runewaker. I hate it for the FAI people that got laid off, they were good people and they've helped me out MANY times, albeit with Frogster EU and Runewaker tying their (FAI's) hands behind their backs (with a noose around their necks).

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Merry Xmas !  your on the dole  :(

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318

The downfall was initiated following the introduction of yellow stats, and has been in a steady decline since.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this news gets me wondering, was this the reason why Runes of Magic was supossed to become browser based (and playable from facebook) to get more ppl to use the cash shop.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Wonder what new 'free' mmo will take its place? Most likely firefall.

• ryapowaryapowa Member Posts: 8

Freaking hate Frogster-EU, they are continually forcing us people in the US to leave their game, i have seen MUCH better quality on the EU servers than on the US servers AND have seen less bugs and less bugged quests on the EU servers. I have heard that on the EU servers that they have NPCs that give dias for 20k each, while the cost on US servers are more than double and are hard to find when you have to buy them from players, which is another problem as it entices people to scam others. Enouugh Said, Runes of Magic is dying out in the US.