Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why there is no force-choke for sorcerer?

Please some one explain that to me :)

I realy wanted to choke someone with my sorc in beta but the only one can do that is warrior

Comments

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

'cause you get lightning.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Because it is a signiture power of Vader, therefore they gave it to Juggarnauts who are based on Vader.

• forcewaweforcewawe Member Posts: 4

Pfff i love both of them, lightning and choke, poor me....

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Would be cool to force choke critters by the way.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I love how it's a Vader move : Surely it's an easy move to learn and any Jedi or Sith could do it. It's like how lighting is now a dark side move....... no it was just something you only saw the Emperor do in a short trilogy. Even Yoda did it in the horrible new trilogy proving that it doesn't matter what side you're on, you just use the moves that you like. 

It's like now all Sith have to wear dark colours and all Jedi have to wear light browns and whatever. Like no that was just what happened in one trilogy...

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Originally posted by DarkPony

Horses count as critters yeah ? :P

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

This is what you get when you have a class based system OP.

It makes total sense for a sorcerer to be able to force choke someone if they wanted to, but because BW decided to create classes that were based off of archetype characters seen in the movies, this is what you get.

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by tixylix

I love how it's a Vader move : Surely it's an easy move to learn and any Jedi or Sith could do it. It's like how lighting is now a dark side move....... no it was just something you only saw the Emperor do in a short trilogy. Even Yoda did it in the horrible new trilogy proving that it doesn't matter what side you're on, you just use the moves that you like. 

It's like now all Sith have to wear dark colours and all Jedi have to wear light browns and whatever. Like no that was just what happened in one trilogy...

I don't recall Yoda using force lightning? I remember Yoda absorbing the lightning from the Emperor and redirecting it.

Originally posted by wolvie3131

Yes V_V

crit·ter

   [krit-er] image Show IPA

noun Dialect .

a domesticated animal.

any creature.

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by forcewawe

Please some one explain that to me :)

I realy wanted to choke someone with my sorc in beta but the only one can do that is warrior

Ever seen the Emperor use a force choke?  The force users were highly influenced by the lore of the movies and other media.  Plus, you have to make the classes a bit different from the others or why even have them in the first place.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Somehow I misread your polls as to say, "Would you want force choke critters?". That would be something else to have a bunch of critters that can do force choke on you...

...what would it look like for a donkey to use force choke...

anyway

To answer the OP, because force choke isn't the iconic ability of sorcerers.

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Yes V_V

crit·ter

   [krit-er] image Show IPA

noun Dialect .

a domesticated animal.

any creature.

Sorry there Pony, you put your hoof right in the dung heap with that one so I could not resist =)

and trust me I know what a critter is I am from the Midwest of USA we hunt critters for food here mmmmmm squirel gravy....

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

They should give us lightning choke!

And ninja wizards!!!

Oh, now that I think of it they did give us ninja wizards, didn't they? :)

A sith sorcerer is the one masterd in force, so can do whatever he wants with it. Silly restrictions :/

Yes V_V

crit·ter

   [krit-er] image Show IPA

noun Dialect .

a domesticated animal.

any creature.

Sorry there Pony, you put your hoof right in the dung heap with that one so I could not resist =)

and trust me I know what a critter is I am from the Midwest of USA we hunt critters for food here mmmmmm squirel gravy....

Hehe, I see. I'm from Holland and 90% of critters here wear name tags, have rights, expensive appetites and make their owners pay more taxes. If there's a deer somewhere outside of its enclosure it's on the 8 o' clock news and a hundred police offers are sent after it.

A sith sorcerer is the one masterd in force, so can do whatever he wants with it. Silly restrictions :/

Ok I am going in the geek zone here but, being able to use the force doesn't mean you know everything there is to know about it.  It's impossible to know everything about the force.  Unless you are an omnipotent super being or deity.   So people have to specialize.  

Just like in real life, doctors who specialize in heart disease, cancer researchers, can't all of a sudden preform tasks outside of thier specialized fields.  Same thing goes here in the lore of Star Wars.  

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

Originally posted by newbo

I don't recall Yoda using force lightning? I remember Yoda absorbing the lightning from the Emperor and redirecting it.

you are correct

Originally posted by BarryManilow

Ok I am going in the geek zone here but, being able to use the force doesn't mean you know everything there is to know about it.  It's impossible to know everything about the force.  Unless you are an omnipotent super being or deity.   So people have to specialize.  

Just like in real life, doctors who specialize in heart disease, cancer researchers, can't all of a sudden preform tasks outside of thier specialized fields.  Same thing goes here in the lore of Star Wars.  

Haha of course i know one needs to study in one. What i mentioned is something different. Im still talking about force-choke stuff, its not a complexed one .

A sorcerer should do it easily. Im just obssessed with it for now cuz i wanted so badly.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

I didn't play a force user in beta - do any of them have the ability to charm npcs?

Also I thought a neat power (and documented in the movies) is something like reveal (and cloud) a portion of the game map. Like the Emperor was able to cloud his identity until he was ready. Yoda /Anakin able to forsee the future.

Originally posted by fansede

I didn't play a force user in beta - do any of them have the ability to charm npcs?

Also I thought a neat power (and documented in the movies) is something like reveal (and cloud) a portion of the game map. Like the Emperor was able to cloud his identity until he was ready. Yoda /Anakin able to forsee the future.

Some have slight charming abilities like making mobs increase hate or lessen on a given person.  Those I have encountered so far. 

• aurickaurick Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by fansede

Jedi have Force Persuade.  It's not an ability, per se but rather a conversation option that pops up now and then at appropriate times.  

• they wanted classes to have some trademark abilities. force choke happens to be one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n46eGkzBirw&feature=player_embedded

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by newbo

That's what I was remembering too. Something akin to Satilla's absorbing the lightsaber attack.

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Actually, going out on a limb here, but I think everyone in SWTOR has access to force choke... it's called the /ignore option in chat.

/winthread

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."