Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just cancelled my pre-order turkey for xmas

Comments

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I might be wrong here but.....  isn't Ham ... or a goose ... the epitome of christmas dinner?  

We need a poll for this important question, I can tell you its Turkey or a slap in the face in my house.

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

There is no need to share your story besides trolling. We're here prepping for launch and getting excited. Why would you want to ruin that with your negative post besides baiting? It's not like you're sharing anything important. We would be able to sleep tonight without reading your post. Just so you know.

• drake201drake201 Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Well actually myself and 3 friends who all beta-tested the game and decided just how plain average it is. All cancelled our pre-orders.  Maybe it will get better in time but I have no desire to be a part of this Star Wars 'cough' Spaceballs universe. Zero appeal factor.

Anyway here's why if your bothered

1. Glossy CGI cut scenes remind me of the turkey phantom menace. I have no interest in watching these.

Some of the cutscene are pretty cool

2. Quests- plain and simply uninteresting and boring. My spacebar was my best friend. Simply not interested in reading the quest dialogue after the first few. Yawn. 

3. The world is devoid of life. No sense of a Star Wars universe. Mobs are all grouped in 3's and don't move unless you aggro them. Just bad.

Yes they do, I noticed early on in the game none of the mobs were  attack on the their own but when you reach tatooine youll find mobs that run to you.

4. Inventory system reminds me of STO. Inventory  Items you pick up are small like in LOTRO and uninspiring. There's no appeal. 

5. Character creation is probably the worst i've encountered. Cyborg in the star wars universe?????  Choice of limited classes with either a stick thin body or a jabba the hut blimpoid. Didn't even want to customize my character as there's hardly any choice.  

6. Combat is button bashing. No flow. Some characters run like they've got a chicken up their rear end. Laughable.

Total bullshit right there. Swtor has one of the greatest pvp combat flow that i have experienced.

7. Graphics poor- Ok it has to cater to the masses but honestly this is 2012 and i feel like we are going backward in time from 2005 Vanilla WOW.

Grahpics are standard.  Better grahpics=less players= less support.

Nuff said. Either you'll love or hate this game but for me and many its been overhyped. Thoroughly disapointed tbh as i expected so much better.

8. One final question- Where did all the money go on the development??? Oh yes Actor's voiceover fees.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

my experience was very similar to the OP's. the one thing TOR is known for, the story, i found to be boring. and no matter what was being said in the cut scenes, i couldnt get myself to believe it because the world felt so dead.

in my opinion, TOR has very little to offer in general. in fact, WoW does both the pvp and pve better as things stand right now. it has tons more group pve content, and the pvp is vastly more balanced.

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

Originally posted by sonoggi

my experience was very similar to the OP's. the one thing TOR is known for, the story, i found to be boring. and no matter what was being said in the cut scenes, i couldnt get myself to believe it because the world felt so dead.

in my opinion, TOR has very little to offer in general. in fact, WoW does both the pvp and pve better as things stand right now. it has tons more group pve content, and the pvp is vastly more balanced.

Really? I mean REALLY?! Are you seriously comparing a 7 year old game to a game that hasn't even released yet?

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

Well actually myself and 3 friends who all beta-tested the game and decided just how plain average it is. All cancelled our pre-orders.  Maybe it will get better in time but I have no desire to be a part of this Star Wars 'cough' Spaceballs universe. Zero appeal factor.

1. Glossy CGI cut scenes remind me of the turkey phantom menace. I have no interest in watching these.

2. Quests- plain and simply uninteresting and boring. My spacebar was my best friend. Simply not interested in reading the quest dialogue after the first few. Yawn.

3. The world is devoid of life. No sense of a Star Wars universe. Mobs are all grouped in 3's and don't move unless you aggro them. Just bad.

4. Inventory system reminds me of STO. Inventory  Items you pick up are small like in LOTRO and uninspiring. There's no appeal. 

5. Character creation is probably the worst i've encountered. Cyborg in the star wars universe?????  Choice of limited classes with either a stick thin body or a jabba the hut blimpoid. Didn't even want to customize my character as there's hardly any choice.  

6. Combat is button bashing. No flow. Some characters run like they've got a chicken up their rear end. Laughable.

7. Graphics poor- Ok it has to cater to the masses but honestly this is 2012 and i feel like we are going backward in time from 2005 Vanilla WOW.

Nuff said. Either you'll love or hate this game but for me and many its been overhyped. Thoroughly disapointed tbh as i expected so much better.

8. One final question- Where did all the money go on the development??? Oh yes Actor's voiceover fees.

You're just another forum post follower that seems to have the need to degrade a good game. Do yourself a favor in the future, keep your opinions to yourself because clearly, you have no actual idea on what a good game is. Your continued comparisons of the old Wolrd of warcraft says it all. Go back to that game and leave games like this to people that can appreciate them. Thank you.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Michiel

Originally posted by sonoggi

Really? I mean REALLY?! Are you seriously comparing a 7 year old game to a game that hasn't even released yet?

Yes he is.  Amazing, isn't it?  And someone should explain to him what PvP balance is.  WoW is notoriously bad at it.  Hence, the constant nerf/buff cycle.  

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by trozyxxx

I might be wrong here but.....  isn't Ham ... or a goose ... the epitome of christmas dinner?  

We need a poll for this important question, I can tell you its Turkey or a slap in the face in my house.

Turkey and/or Ham. Always.

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

Hey, we all just moved up the queue one spot everyone!

Edit: Oops I mean 4 spots since his friends joined him too!

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

Originally posted by Xzen

Prime rib....

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Originally posted by Rinna

I beta tested in three weekends and I'm absolutely in love with the game.  I can't wait to play TOMORROW!!  Yay!

Tomorrow? WTF? The Force allows you to be part of early access on day 1?

Either that or you are delusional ;P

• KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217

to original poster

Dont you mean youve got into beta, played it for free, but because its not free anymore, your writing this stuff too us ?

SWTOR= Great game

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by Xzen

My house its always slow cooked Texas brisket.

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

LOL my ramblings seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest. I didn't know someone's views could vent so much anger. And people have the audacity to call me strange. LOL.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

Posts like this are pretty pointless, everyone who is interested in the game has played the beta and can decide for themselves if they like it or not.

Given the tone and the way he was insulting the game it does feel like he's trying to bait people for an argument...  best just to report him for trolling and baiting and ignore his future posts.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

OMG I realllllly hope that every one who cancels their sub for this game starts a new thread on how i care that they cancelled their sub or pre order. 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Ummmm. Are you saying there were not Cyborgs in the Star Wars Universe? For starters, Luke and Vader were both Cyborgs by definition. 

A cyborg is a being with both biological and artificial (e.g. electronic, mechanical or robotic) parts. 

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

I dunno. With all the bitching people are doing about this game, like yourself, I hardly think it's "overhyped".

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

It varies from culture to culture. For instance, in Japan they usually eat fried chicken. In East Africa, roast goat is the most popular fare. My ancestors didn't eat any type of meat or fish for the holidays (bunch of dull bastards). Personally, these days I prefer swan . . . . because f**k the Royals, that's why.

So, there. I managed to make an otherwise hollow thread somewhat informative. You are welcome.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Originally posted by Tardcore

It varies from culture to culture. For instance, in Japan they usually eat fried chicken. In East Africa, roast goat is the most popular fare. My ancestors didn't eat any type of meat or fish for the holidays (bunch of dull bastards). Personally, these days I prefer swan . . . . because f**k the Royals, that's why.

So, there. I managed to make an otherwise hollow thread somewhat informative. You are welcome.

I just want Thanks Giving dinner again personally... turkey/stuffing... hibernation

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

.....so, this guy saw us all sitting here bored, waiting for release, and decided to toss a piece of meat in the piranah pool.

Cheap entertainment at it's best.

Makes me wonder why the OP isn't playing whatever game he considers to be "better" though.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

.....so, this guy saw us all sitting here bored, waiting for release, and decided to toss a piece of meat in the piranah pool.

Cheap entertainment at it's best.

Makes me wonder why the OP isn't playing whatever game he considers to be "better" though.

Since when have people on mmorpg.com who bash games ever actively been subscribed to one? Seems they're all waiting for some mystical god game that launches on 12/21/2012

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

Throw in some "positive points" and I may have paid attention

There has to be at least one!

• grues0megrues0me Member Posts: 23

But...but it has VOICEOVERS..yay..yaaaaayyy...

• Trixey4795Trixey4795 Member Posts: 42

I thoroughly enjoyed the beta weekends I took part in. I've got a CE on pre-order. I listened to every questline. I think the graphics are good enough  and the gameplay was just fine. Did I say I thoroughly enjoyed my beta time? Yup a few of the indoor areas seemed a tad large and in need of a bit more life but that's not a gamebreaker to me.

Unfortunate you don't like it but................oh , what was your opinion of it? I've forgotten already. Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.