Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Annoyed ><

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

So I glimpsed over the e-mail that early access will be starting on the 13th, but I just read it carefully now and it seems that I may I may not be able to play game tomorrow.

Grrr!!!!

Comments

• drake201drake201 Member Posts: 75

said "maybe" lol

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

yup, it is a possibility... if you have nothing else to do.. sleep if you can't sleep take some sleeping pills (Recommended Amount of course) and wake up the next day. They did say they would email throughout each day when your account is activated. I'm thinking my account will be activated on the 14th if not late 13th... we'll see though if they truly have over a million emails to send out... who knows.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• LughsanLughsan Member Posts: 312

Well as I preorder in the first 24hours I should be able to play sometime tommorrow.  When that will be I don't know, but I'll be happy when I can.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Lughsan

Well as I preorder in the first 24hours I should be able to play sometime tommorrow.  When that will be I don't know, but I'll be happy when I can.

Eb games told me I should go with collector's edition because CE will get access sooner than the regular edition, so I did that. And I am hoping to get in tomorrow by 7am.

As for the pills pose above, I really shouldn't.

Got finals to study for! >< >< >< >< >< ><< >< >< ><

• AreannaAreanna Member UncommonPosts: 55

Early access emails do not start going out until tomorrow, not sure what the op received?

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

Probably something similar to this

Pre-load  the game now

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by Areanna

They are not sending out the actual early access emails until starting tomorrow, not sure what the OP received.

"They are not sending out the actual early access emails until starting tomorrow"

Not sure thats English :)

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

Originally posted by nomss

Eb games told me I should go with collector's edition because CE will get access sooner than the regular edition, so I did that. And I am hoping to get in tomorrow by 7am.

As for the pills pose above, I really shouldn't.

Got finals to study for! >< >< >< >< >< ><< >< >< ><

MMORPG.com:

Will Game Testers or long-time Game Testers be receiving anything to show off in the live game?

Dallas Dickinson:

I don’t think we have any official notation for them, but for the most part, these are going to be the first people into the game. We’ve announced previously that our Early Access program is going to favor those who burned codes early, and that’s a pretty 1:1 mapping of people who were in the Game Testing program, so I think that’s the primary way we’re going to be rewarding those folks. Also, these are also the people who know exactly where they want to go and who they want to play when they start.

Every time someone said that CE gets in earlier its been proved that it doesnt matter if you have CE or Standard. As it's when you burned your Pre Order key that matters.

But we just have to wait and see, since BW added 2 days to the Early Access so suddenly, and also removed the Grace Period. So anything is possible I say.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

They are not sending out the actual early access emails until starting tomorrow, not sure what the OP received.

So I glimpsed over the e-mail..

It's what happens when people "glimpse".

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

EB lied to you.  Your early access date is based solely on when you entered your preorder code.  It's been stated in the preorder FAQ since day one of preorders.

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

So I glimpsed over the e-mail that early access will be starting on the 13th, but I just read it carefully now and it seems that I may I may not be able to play game tomorrow.

Grrr!!!!

This annoys you? All i can say is shallow :)

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

Eb games told me I should go with collector's edition because CE will get access sooner than the regular edition, so I did that.

You were lied to.

Badly.

The version you buy has absolutely no bearing on when you will get in.

All that matters is when you entered your pre-order code into the SWTOR web site.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

If I were you, I'd be more annoyed at EB games.  They lied to you.  :(

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

What an unfortunate realization...

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

well ive seen it both ways, but I do recall a long long time ago somewhere it was posted that CE would get 5days early access, Standard 3 days .

But then this all seemed to change.

Personally I think CE should get in first, I mean its an extra perk for dishing out 80 dollard more for 2 extra days of playing.

But either way I wont be butt hurt, just a game, I get in when I get in, but i will admit , being on days off from work, im pretty bored so be nice to play sooner then later.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch anyway. I suspect the early release is going to be awash with crashes, queues etc.

I am excited too, but mellow. I know it could be rough, and taking time off from work or something might be misplaced. This is a damn big launch, maybe going to be the biggest launch day in MMORPG history to date, so I would be surprised if it went that smoothly.

• HawthornHawthorn Member UncommonPosts: 43

EB didn't lie.  At one time CE owners were gonna get all early access.  But it changed to when your pre-order code was put in.  The trade show after Bioware started taking pre-orders is when they announced it.

• AreannaAreanna Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by trozyxxx

"They are not sending out the actual early access emails until starting tomorrow"

Not sure thats English :)

Sorry I fixed what I wrote lack of caffine was the issue, teach me to respond to thread before having the proper abount of coffee! :)

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

If I were you, I'd be more annoyed at EB games.  They lied to you.  :(

Well it hardly matters, I mean given any person one would know that EB is not in charge but EA/BW is. So when I went to them to place my pre-order I was fully aware of this situation. Another thing is, I had to put down $25 for the CE and I always have the option to switch to Standard edition, so again, EB did not try anything elusive.