Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just cancelled my pre-order turkey for xmas

Well actually myself and 3 friends who all beta-tested the game and decided just how plain average it is. All cancelled our pre-orders.  Maybe it will get better in time but I have no desire to be a part of this Star Wars 'cough' Spaceballs universe. Zero appeal factor.

Anyway here's why if your bothered

1. Glossy CGI cut scenes remind me of the turkey phantom menace. I have no interest in watching these.

2. Quests- plain and simply uninteresting and boring. My spacebar was my best friend. Simply not interested in reading the quest dialogue after the first few. Yawn.

3. The world is devoid of life. No sense of a Star Wars universe. Mobs are all grouped in 3's and don't move unless you aggro them. Just bad.

4. Inventory system reminds me of STO. Inventory  Items you pick up are small like in LOTRO and uninspiring. There's no appeal. 

5. Character creation is probably the worst i've encountered. Cyborg in the star wars universe?????  Choice of limited classes with either a stick thin body or a jabba the hut blimpoid. Didn't even want to customize my character as there's hardly any choice.  

6. Combat is button bashing. No flow. Some characters run like they've got a chicken up their rear end. Laughable.

7. Graphics poor- Ok it has to cater to the masses but honestly this is 2012 and i feel like we are going backward in time from 2005 Vanilla WOW.

Nuff said. Either you'll love or hate this game but for me and many its been overhyped. Thoroughly disapointed tbh as i expected so much better.

8. One final question- Where did all the money go on the development??? Oh yes Actor's voiceover fees.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

Comments

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

See you in game tomorrow

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

It is too bad you didn't enjoy the game.  How long did you beta test for? I was lucky enough to be a tester for a few months and I was able to make it to the mid 30s on a few toons, I did find the starting zones to be a bit small and too story driven in the start but the game really does open up around 20...

Best of luck in your future games!

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

3. Bollox, loads of NPC move around

5. lol spot on, unless they do something in 1000% improvment for launch its one of the poorest toon creation iv seen.

7. well graphic is a personal thing, I mean some people love wow's cartoon thing, I like the graphics and it runs at 100fps for me.

• carpatiancarpatian Member UncommonPosts: 47

u right but im tired of elfs and dwarfs and other freakin fantasy bs. and like the other guy spoke ,see u in game :)

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

"2. Quests- plain and simply uninteresting and boring. My spacebar was my best friend. Simply not interested in reading the quest dialogue after the first few. Yawn "

Why are you reading it?  It's better when the volume is turned up.  image

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Well actually myself and 3 friends who all beta-tested the game and decided just how plain average it is. All cancelled our pre-orders.  Maybe it will get better in time but I have no desire to be a part of this Star Wars 'cough' Spaceballs universe. Zero appeal factor.

1. Glossy CGI cut scenes remind me of the turkey phantom menace. I have no interest in watching these.

2. Quests- plain and simply uninteresting and boring. My spacebar was my best friend. Simply not interested in reading the quest dialogue after the first few. Yawn.

3. The world is devoid of life. No sense of a Star Wars universe. Mobs are all grouped in 3's and don't move unless you aggro them. Just bad.

4. Inventory system reminds me of STO. Inventory  Items you pick up are small like in LOTRO and uninspiring. There's no appeal. 

5. Character creation is probably the worst i've encountered. Cyborg in the star trek universe?????  Choice of limited classes with either a stick thin body or a jabba the hut blimpoid. Didn't even want to customize my character as there's hardly any choice.  

6. Combat is button bashing. No flow. Some characters run like they've got a chicken up their rear end. Laughable.

7. Graphics poor- Ok it has to cater to the masses but honestly this is 2012 and i feel like we are going backward in time from 2005 Vanilla WOW.

Nuff said. Either you'll love or hate this game but for me and many its been overhyped. Thoroughly disapointed tbh as i expected so much better.

8. One final question- Where did all the money go on the development??? Oh yes Actor's voiceover fees.

I cancelled several pre order games over the last year and never once felt the need to go and post on forums about the game to tell people that I have cancelled, strange........

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

I could be wrong, but ain't the normal procedure when asking a question; to let the people your asking, get time enough to reply, before you're answering it yourself?

Which in turn leads me to a second question, why would you ask a question if you felt you already knew the answer?

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

I felt the need to post as i'm bored this afternoon. If you call that strange fair enough, but you shouldn't read too much into it.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I'm betting GW2 troll :)

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

"This post has already been reported"

someone's got a damn quick trigger finger.                

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Well actually myself and 3 friends who all beta-tested the game and decided just how plain average it is.

May the Force be With You.

image">Go in peace.

Originally posted by Kalfer

I could be wrong, but ain't the normal procedure when asking a question; to let the people your asking, get time enough to reply, before you're answering it yourself?

Which in turn leads me to a second question, why would you ask a question if you felt you already knew the answer?

I feel the force is strong in this one

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Another "Hey, look at me!" post.  

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

I beta tested in three weekends and I'm absolutely in love with the game.  I can't wait to play TOMORROW!!  Yay!

No bitchers.

You have an opinion your a troll. I wish i had your mentality.

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

Bye now.

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

5. Character creation is probably the worst i've encountered. Cyborg in the star wars universe?????  Choice of limited classes with either a stick thin body or a jabba the hut blimpoid. Didn't even want to customize my character as there's hardly any choice.  

So, you just now are cancelling. Can't believe you have been waiting this long since youhave been bashing the game since 11/26 by looking at your prior posts. Hey, thanks again for another anti-SWTOR post.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

This is the saddest part. All the millions plowed into this MMORPG and for what? Hiring actors for voice acting... mm yeah I see how that promotes the genre.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

inb4 the You're/Your police.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

No, there are plenty more reasons that than.  

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

"there are plenty of threads like this one already, please post in one of them instead of creating another. This thread serves no purpose other than flamebaiting."

This is the reasoning that was given when closing the other threads just like this one.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

I might be wrong here but.....  isn't Ham ... or a goose ... the epitome of christmas dinner?  

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250

Damn your parents didn't pre order you SWTOR, that sucks OP!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

"This post has already been reported"

someone's got a damn quick trigger finger.                

Reported for what? He tried the game, did not like it, listed why and cancelled his pre-order. Why would that be trolling?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Yamota

Reported for what?

Duplicate threads? That would be my best guess anyway.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

This discussion has been closed.