Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So according to the internet....

warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Every game that comes out is merely made for children, so im wondering where these game sthat the majority of gamers (adults) are buying have gone? since, you know, according to the internet every games made for children.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

evil internet, eviiil.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

If there made for children, why do all the games i see say there rated teen to mature?

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by XforsakerX

If there made for children, why do all the games i see say there rated teen to mature?

another good question, internet, do you have anything to say for yourself?

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by warmaster670

Every game that comes out is merely made for children, so im wondering where these game sthat the majority of gamers (adults) are buying have gone? since, you know, according to the internet every games made for children.

I'm 37 and all of my favorite shows are on cartoon network.  A child (call it what you want) is one of many components of my psyche. This is really not a problem for me. When my 7 year old goes to sleep I play with his lego and he thinks it's really funny to wake up to scenes from Halo rendered in plastic bricks. Where are all these childrens games going? To adults with imaginations of course.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• Death2AllVSDeath2AllVS Member Posts: 7

"Mature" games, those rated M are littered with swearing and over the top violence to attract immature people.

In actuallity, the most mature games are the ones rated T.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

By "internet" you mean "pockets of jaded gamers on the internet," right?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• rfernan9rfernan9 Member Posts: 27

For me the information comming from the internet is not right. all the games is merely made for adults.adults have lots of money to while the children has none. so the game industry will just make some game that the adults will love it.

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Yeah dunno why people think there made for kids, some are, most are not

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by XforsakerX

Yeah dunno why people think there made for kids, some are, most are not

agreed, also your quote is me >.< ARE YOU ME?!?!?

• LOLZ0LOLZ0 Member Posts: 5

• UbudarUbudar Member Posts: 55

pirates of the burning sea is actually rated for 18+.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Leethe

I'm 37 and all of my favorite shows are on cartoon network.  A child (call it what you want) is one of many components of my psyche. This is really not a problem for me. When my 7 year old goes to sleep I play with his lego and he thinks it's really funny to wake up to scenes from Halo rendered in plastic bricks. Where are all these childrens games going? To adults with imaginations of course.

Ha, you're my kind of people.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by Leethe

you sir, are my hope for mankind. at least on the internet :P

thx, good statement!

• Alphabeta2Alphabeta2 Member Posts: 35

Hahaha and where did this information come from? :p

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484
    If all games are made for children the average age of a child is 37.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• midmagicmidmagic Member Posts: 614

Seems appropriate

I don't wanna grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid....

Forever looking for employment. Life is rather dull without it.