Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only a few days left

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

The Empire will win...

• sonicboomsonicboom Member Posts: 29

Its john smedley fault.

This is the part where cameron goes berserk!

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

It's also the fault of every player whose complaints helped lead to the NGE.  SWG died years ago, the only thing happening in a few days is it's zombie gets a blaster bolt to the head.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

We the playerbase FIRED $OE after they implemented NGE and didn't rollback the server.

Many lost the job at $OE within the next year and everyone involved with SWG loses his  job now and thats a lesson we pleased to teach them after they didnt rolled back the horrible NGE to a playable version of thegame that was PRE CU.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by sonicboom

Its john smedley fault.

"You don't know the POWER of Lucas Arts...I MUST obey my master!"

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

We the playerbase FIRED $OE after they implemented NGE and didn't rollback the server.

Many lost the job at $OE within the next year and everyone involved with SWG loses his  job now and thats a lesson we pleased to teach them after they didnt rolled back the horrible NGE to a playable version of thegame that was PRE CU.maybe so, but those at the top, those who are truly responsible never lost their job and still remain at SO$ today.

• TheiskareotTheiskareot Member Posts: 43

I myself are so very glad to see this happen.   I am glad that the nay say NGE fanbois lose.. I am so glad that some of us warned them 1000s of times and said or told them NOT TO PAY FOR IT back then to make a change but they did not listen.

I am so glad we were able to see the worst MMO change or game change in history and fail on a epic level with a epic IP.

You know your product is bad when there is 100million Star Wars fans and you cant get .1% of them to play your product.

All the meet and greets, all the lies.. I attended myself.. all the discussions and complaints they decided they thought they knew what was best..

In the end the bottom line shows... they fucked up... we were right, they were wrong.

I am glad that the product will no longer be paid for, it did not deserve to be after the NGE and the ability to click on LUKES head...

GRATS SOE... and Mr Smedley... after all the emails looks like I was right?   You may want to hire some new advisers as well, I have this feeling it could happen again.

• KotatsuKotatsu Member Posts: 57

They haven't pulled the plug on SWG yet? That should of happened years ago. Waste of server space.

(o'')-O Vs Q('' Q)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    No game for disgruntled pre nge to troll about.
    They might actually have to get a life now
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

That video is pathetic.  SWG fans were an odd bunch.

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Pathetic? It's the best video that represents the feelings of those who lost the game they loved.

SWG fans are an "odd" bunch? Normally, I would respond with an insult that would earn me a temp ban.

Your not worth a ban.

Go away.

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

Well.. I love mmorpgs in general, never had any real big attatchment to SW galaxies....

But I played the game from day 1 till day 30 of my free game...and thens topped...and then tried again...but even then there was nobody around

I hope SWTOR does do well...I'd love to play something different for a year or two.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

Originally posted by kb056

Pathetic? It's the best video that represents the feelings of those who lost the game they loved.

SWG fans are an "odd" bunch? Normally, I would respond with an insult that would earn me a temp ban.

Your not worth a ban.

Go away.

"The game they loved."  Yeah, it's a game.  A video game.  Something fun youplay in your free time.  It should not be something that one develops such a strong emotional attachment to that he or she laments the "loss" like the death of a loved one.  the SWG fanbase had a history of being some whiny crybabies, but the NGE happened six years ago, and yeah, it sucked real bad, but the fans need to move on already.  SOE has admitted their mistakes, and I doubt we'll see anything like the NGE ever again.

It's sad that so many man hours were mispent making this video.  It's not even a tribute.  It's just a big whine over how much SOE ruined their game.

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Your not worth a ban.

Go away.

"The game they loved."  Yeah, it's a game.  A video game.  Something fun youplay in your free time.  It should not be something that one develops such a strong emotional attachment to that he or she laments the "loss" like the death of a loved one.  the SWG fanbase had a history of being some whiny crybabies, but the NGE happened six years ago, and yeah, it sucked real bad, but the fans need to move on already.  SOE has admitted their mistakes, and I doubt we'll see anything like the NGE ever again.

It's sad that so many man hours were mispent making this video.  It's not even a tribute.  It's just a big whine over how much SOE ruined their game.

I want to respond in a way that is oppropriate but not worth a ban. You fail.

• Zeal77Zeal77 Member Posts: 158

I blame WoW.

Your not worth a ban.

Go away.

You're right.  I loved pre-NGE SWG.  Your post really upset me, but nothing you said was untrue.

fify

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

It's a game. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Have to agree .some have been crying over nge for 6 years to the extent of insulting jeff freeman when he died.
    This was a game not a loved one.folks took nge too far.
    Sanity check.
  • sexypanda198sexypanda198 Member Posts: 151

well the angered vets get there wish what will they do now

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Chile267

It's a game. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

THIS!

Not the 1st to close, won't be the last.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

You already posted this thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4603343#4603343

Please don't post duplicates in different forums. Locking this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.