Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Money's Worth.

When I think about whether or not I "Got My Money's Worth" when playing World of Warcraft, it doesn't feel like an appropriate question.  Its almost the game was more important than money.  Almost like "was buying that chess set worth your money" or "was buying _insertaddictivethinghere_ worth your money".

I'd say something was worth your money if it made you forget about the money it cost to buy it simply because of how enjoyable it was for you.  If all a sudden you realize your not enjoying something anymore and question whether the cash you put down was worth it or not ..

I never saw a purple cow.
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow
I'd rather see than be one.

Comments

• MMOPlayaMMOPlaya Member UncommonPosts: 103

Well said!

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

as to money's worth, well, I know I have that already, Tor is the 1st mmo in many years that made me pre-order, and I really didnt think I would ever feel that way about the genre again.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by purplecow

When I think about whether or not I "Got My Money's Worth" when playing World of Warcraft, it doesn't feel like an appropriate question.  Its almost the game was more important than money.  Almost like "was buying that chess set worth your money" or "was buying _insertaddictivethinghere_ worth your money".

I'd say something was worth your money if it made you forget about the money it cost to buy it simply because of how enjoyable it was for you.  If all a sudden you realize your not enjoying something anymore and question whether the cash you put down was worth it or not ..

When it comes to video games, I go by the notion that I want 1 hr of enjoying myself for every dollar invested. It doesnt always work out that way on single player games.

Sometimes though I get a HUGE return on my money. Mass Effect 2 I have beaten like 9 or 10 times now, with all play thrus being 30 plus hours. The first few times were closer to 50 hrs each.

Fallout 3 and Vegas I got over 100 hrs out of each. Problem being those games lock up. So I dont think of them in the same way I think of Mass Effect, but I do think of them as " worth my money".

There have been 5 super hero titles I felt I got my money out of. Both Batmans, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1, and both Xmen Legends. Other than those exceptions, the rule for me is that typically a super hero game is a waste of money until it hits the 20 buck bin.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.